Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Newsletter Updates Fans About Project Faerthale - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Newsletter Updates Fans About Project Faerthale - MMORPG.com

The latest Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen newsletter is out and about, this time with an update about Project Faerthale, "the main point of emphasis for [the] entire team". In addition, readers are introduced to Faerthale's lore and a "virtual roadmap" of the Elven lands. There is also an interview with one of the Pantheon team members and, as usual, the community spotlight.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    only 1 question when will it launch ?
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Rhygarth said:

Couple more years probably
    Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It does appear they are working hard on the game.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Hmmm.  More funding news, both private and crowdfunding.  I hope that VR isn't following other in-development games down the 'whales will buy it' rabbit hole.  I guess we'll see how they proceed from here.

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Rhygarth said:

I hope they take their time, instead of being rushed out the gate.
    bentrim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Rhygarth said:

How much time? 

As much as needed to make sure the game launches smoothly and is excellent
    bentrimTacticalZombeh
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "Taking one's time" will always be a relative concept since it depends on what they define a 'satisfying' product to be. Human's may never admit it but they need structure and deadlines to determine something's value. There's no point in these guys spending 2 years on graphics if something like the combat isn't fluid for instance. Animations, terrain textures, vanity designs, etc are always things you can add as a patch/expansion. The main thing you want is something you can build on, such as how will a future expansion/content update further expand on existing content and not just eclipse it like what wow/ffxiv do, which is what mainly people who back this game want. They dont want to be funnel from area to area when something new gets added, they want to feel like what they are doing matters and has a form of carry-over. If they dont nail systems like that, it'll be DoA.
    Gdemami

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

bng28 said:

Rhygarth said:

How much time? 

So 5 or 10 more years will be ok? 

If that's what you're okay with.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's already been 5 years ....  I'm just curious how long potential fans are going to be willing to wait before interest wanes? 
    It's like married sex. You wait. Years pass. Eventually it happens.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]SBFordXarkoTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]Unicron-

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Well, if nothing else interesting comes out between now and then, then peeps will wait 5-10 more years.

Gut Out!
    [Deleted User]

What, me worry?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Gutlard said:
    Well, if nothing else interesting comes out between now and then, then peeps will wait 5-10 more years.

Gut Out!
    Not sure I agree with that
    Well, you have the people who will say "too long therefore too late!"

I would think that a lot will be very out of date if they waited another 5 or 10 years.

For me, I donated my $100 dollars and we'll see if anything comes of it. If not then no big deal for me.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Amathe said:
    It does appear they are working hard on the game.
    So are folks at both City State and Robert's Industries, doesnt mean the release dates aren't still 18 more months out.....as always.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Mendel said:

Hmmm.  More funding news, both private and crowdfunding.  I hope that VR isn't following other in-development games down the 'whales will buy it' rabbit hole.  I guess we'll see how they proceed from here.

Yes, the additional funding news stood out quite prominently in the update.
    Mendelbcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Sovrath said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

I would think that a lot will be very out of date if they waited another 5 or 10 years.

For me, I donated my $100 dollars and we'll see if anything comes of it. If not then no big deal for me.
    wow $100? That surprises me  
    Well, think about it, a new game usually costs about 59 blah blah blah.
    The rest is more me putting my money where my mouth is and saying I want this game so here, if this helps make it happen then good.

It's only $100 so not really a lot of money. Not when I spent just under $600 last month for local performances.

[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

wow $100? That surprises me  
    Well, think about it, a new game usually costs about 59 blah blah blah.
    The rest is more me putting my money where my mouth is and saying I want this game so here, if this helps make it happen then good.

It's only $100 so not really a lot of money. Not when I spent just under $600 last month for local performances.

No it is not a lot of money agreed. Yet it seems a lot for a 'project' that had shaky and questionable development from the onset.
    No judgement from me honestly it just surprised me is all. 
    Oh believe me, I didn't give to the kickstarter when they started the project. It wasn't until way after when I actually saw "actual game play" that I decided to donate.
    Kyleran

bng28 said:

bng28 said:

Rhygarth said:

How much time? 

So 5 or 10 more years will be ok? 

If that's what you're okay with.

It's already been 5 years since the kickstarter, I'm just curious how long potential fans are going to be willing to wait before interest wanes? 

Yeah for sure, typical mmo dev. Takes at least 6-8 years with an adequate studio? But yeah at some point it does begin to become too long of a time. All we can do is wait and hope they deliver. Should anyones faith falter after an overly significant amount of time, I wouldnt blame them.
    Kyleran said:

Mendel said:

Yes, the additional funding news stood out quite prominently in the update.
    It immediately wonder if their current funding is everything they advertise.  Could talking about funding be a sign that there are problems in the current funding model?  I really hope not.

Sovrath said:

<snip>
    for local performances.

Sorry.  Going to have to steal that as a euphemism for 'table dance'.

AmatheSovrathKyleranXarkoTacticalZombeh

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I remember when we used to talk about games we could actually play...Now its about games that are three years from being three years away......
    MendelBruceYeeKyleran[Deleted User]