Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76: A Shot at Redemption?

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 968
    I logged in last night.. couldn't find any NPC, nothing had changed, I quit lol

imageimage

• HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited June 14
    Been playing it since the first free trial day this week, and it's pretty fun and polished in some areas (definitely seems to have been improved immensely since launch), but in other areas, I just don't know if it's worth the investment now. My main things are mainly associated with horrible mouse movement/control, ridiculous mob glitches, and no real sense of a reason to group up with people. The game also seems like it was made exclusively for a controller because you can't even rebind basic UI/menu keys (it's like Z and C to switch categories, Tab to close/go back, R to drop, X to inspect, the crafting and CAMP controls are all over the place, wtf?). I'm left handed so I rebind most keys in general, so that's a huge deal breaker for me by itself. I commend them on their improvement since launch though.
  • CitizenX007CitizenX007 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Although I'll never play Fallout 76, I am waiting for Fallout 5 to be released...and I'll only buy it on sale.
    Bakgrind
  • wilcoxonwilcoxon Member UncommonPosts: 93
    So they have a "Fallout" MMO that is unlike what made Fallout great and they think adding an afterthought BR mode that gives rewards to non-BR play will fix it? If I had paid for it, I'd be furious that they are adding a BR mode that has benefits outside BR mode (and BR mode certainly won't entice me to buy it).
    MisterZebubAeander

Active: D&D Online (alpha,beta,&unlimited)

Retired: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Auto Assault (beta), CoH/CoV, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeon Runners, Elder Scrolls Online, Everquest, EVE, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online (beta,live), Pathfinder Online (beta), Rift (beta,live), Secret World (beta,live), Star Wars Old Republic, Vanguard (beta), Warhammer (beta,live), World of Warcraft

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Tried Nuclear Winter out...logged after one round and played some Fortnite instead.  I'll try FO76 again, sigh, when Wastelanders comes out.  I have a friend who really likes Nuclear Winter though. /shrug

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,652
    TaishiFox said:
    I logged in last night.. couldn't find any NPC, nothing had changed, I quit lol
    That is because NPCs aren't coming until the Wastelanders update. This update just added Battle Royale.

I'll probably roll a new character once it goes live. Tried my old one and forgot how to play lol
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,236
    Is the game worth playing for 50% off?  Serious question......
    LeFantome
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,240
    Tokken said:
    Before everyone else tells you no. I would say yes. The game has been vastly improved since launch and even if you buy the game now and wait till the Wastelanders update its a steal
    Agent_Joseph
    I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I found shroud legit spamming all the Beth social sites with "This is my new main game! Love it!" They must be paying him a lot, because he's actually blowing them. When the gameplay is so horrific and totally not his style, at all. But the price tag must be so huge that he's just completely oblivious.

I wonder if I could play it if paid enough, I don't know though. Not only is the gun play horrific, but I've never liked fallout games. They are Ok to tinker around a bit here and there, but I could never play for hours like I could with WoW or Ark.

Way to be a Sellout Shroud. gg bud
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 329
    If.... IF there could be a silver lining to this whole kurfuffle, BethSoft might end up patching stuff they've completely neglected for years. And if they, sadly, insist on using their archaic game engine for Starfield and ES6 maybe those games will be a little less broken.

IF
    MAYBE

(I'm not holding my breath)
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Arterius said:
    Tokken said:
    Before everyone else tells you no. I would say yes. The game has been vastly improved since launch and even if you buy the game now and wait till the Wastelanders update its a steal
    I don't find it worth $30 right now. I played a few times during the trial and would have probably bought for $10-$15. With all the good games in my backlog this just doesn't bring enough interest (for me) for $30. Maybe with the npc update I'll find interest (or a good deal). 
    ArteriusPhry
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,652
    Tokken said:
    I think it is. The free roam is worth it IMO. Even without NPCs there are plenty of quest lines to do.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    NyteWytch said:
    Arterius said:
    Tokken said:
    I don't find it worth $30 right now. I played a few times during the trial and would have probably bought for $10-$15. With all the good games in my backlog this just doesn't bring enough interest (for me) for $30. Maybe with the npc update I'll find interest (or a good deal). 
    In its current state its barely a $10 game, it will take more than just adding NPC's to improve the game, as for the B.R mode, i guess they were literally that desperate. :p
    OG_Zorvan
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    edited June 17
    HazenXIII said:
    Been playing it since the first free trial day this week, and it's pretty fun and polished in some areas (definitely seems to have been improved immensely since launch), but in other areas, I just don't know if it's worth the investment now. My main things are mainly associated with horrible mouse movement/control, ridiculous mob glitches, and no real sense of a reason to group up with people. The game also seems like it was made exclusively for a controller because you can't even rebind basic UI/menu keys (it's like Z and C to switch categories, Tab to close/go back, R to drop, X to inspect, the crafting and CAMP controls are all over the place, wtf?). I'm left handed so I rebind most keys in general, so that's a huge deal breaker for me by itself. I commend them on their improvement since launch though.
    Agreed, I played it this weekend for the free trial and there's still issues present from FO4 that happen in FO76.

Particularly, obstacle hit detection is terrible.  Sometimes you can fire through an opening in an object just fine, others you can very obviously be firing with a clear line of sight, but a rail or something 2 foot above your crosshairs blocks the bullet.  It's ridiculous in some areas.

I remember that happening in FO4.  Very telling that it's still a thing today.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,780
    Fallout76 (percent complete now)
    JeffSpicoliPhaserlightLeFantome
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 906
    I'm still waiting for FO 4's DLC to go on a big sale. I played thru the main game as the dad and went against the......bad guy, and I was waiting to get all the DLC before playing through as the mom with the.......bad guy.

I'm sure I'll play FO 76 after enough updates have happened.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    I'm not reinstalling 76 until we have private servers and mod support.
  • NERVergoproxyNERVergoproxy Member UncommonPosts: 1,500
    Can't wait! Looks fun.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 592
    Hahahhahah
    No.  

Just no.
    JeffSpicoli

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,428
    No thank you better games to play than this shit.
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 350
    its 15 dollar at bestbuy for pc version, worth it
    JeffSpicoli

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,949
    edited June 22
    Fallout76 (percent complete now)
    That's incredibly generous.
    OG_Zorvan
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 592
    HAhahhaha NOPE.
    JeffSpicoliOG_Zorvan

• jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 42
    No redemption for this title. NONE at all for everything this company has done over the last year.
  • WebtoolsoffersWebtoolsoffers Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Fallout 76 is an online action role-playing game in the Fallout series developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the best games and I've played. if you want to buy webs tools related software and web 
    services so you can buy on https://www.webtoolsoffers.com/ & get more interesting tools.