Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 is Free to Play From Today Through June 17th - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageThe Division 2 is Free to Play From Today Through June 17th - MMORPG.com

Ubisoft announced earlier this week that The Division 2 is free to play from today through June 17th. PC players can access the free weekend through U-Play. PS4 players can grab access from the PlayStation Network and Xbox One users can download from the Xbox Store, though Xbox Live Gold is required for online play.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

MadFrenchie

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited June 2019
    Re-checked the game today. Still ugly AF female characters, unnatural animations, bad cosmetics, boring "Crouching Behind Wall Simulator 2019" gameplay. Did biological weapon destroyed all good-looking women and clothing or what? I really wanted to "click" with the game so spent an hour trying to like it. It didn't work, uninstalled and returned to Anthem.

No clue - why would any developer create ugly characters deliberately and why publishers allow it? After all, Ubisoft has very nice character modeling, cosmetics, animations in Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed.
    infomatzWalperXarkoRastan1Ricardo5802

Thank you for your time!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

3dom said:

Re-checked the game today. Still ugly AF female characters, unnatural animations, bad cosmetics, boring "Crouching Behind Wall Simulator 2019" gameplay. Uninstalled after an hour (I really wanted to "click" with the game), returned to Anthem.

I 95% disagree -- female models could use work, but the rest is fantastic.
    Octagon7711ConstantineMerusRoinRain_DeathraveninfomatzTacticalZombehRicardo5802

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Honestly? wasn't much different from the original if you ask me.
    GdemamiretiredmjGreatswordRicardo5802

imageimage

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    This is always how Ubisoft gets me to buy..... 
    SBFordConstantineMerus
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Love the map idea for this game, the only problem is there is never anyone on the map, i am guessing the map is instanced and only you and your party are on any map at any given time?
     I never when exploring walked up on someone  exploring .

Gdemamiinfomatz
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's a mixed bag for me. I really like the combat, just being able to login and free roam into mini skirmishes or do longer missions if I want.

The other side is they overly complicate things with to much RNG. Everything that drops have multiple levels of stats that vary depending on gear type and name brand and just plan luck. So if you want a particular gear piece with a certain range of stats it may drop for you at anytime or never.

Only DPS builds are encouraged and yes you can make a tank or healer or skill build, it will take a lot more work to put one together and usually won't be as good as AR or standard weapons build. They could also use more inventory space.

Overall I find it a fun game and it's easy to lose track of time and play for long hours. Instead of building off the first game they are trying a lot of new things so it will take awhile before they find a good balance of game play, imo. Still, I think it's worth trying it out.
    MadFrenchie

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    The journey to 30 is absolutely worth paying for. While Massive promised to focus on the endgame, that aspect is actually the most disappointing aspect of this game for me. I don't mind grinding, but when the carrot on the stick is so rare thanks to a shoddy RNG system, it eliminates my desire to play.

I spent almost two weeks grinding for my first exotic and upgrading it to GS500. The upgrade to 500 reduced my weapon's damage instead of improving it.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    The journey to 30 is absolutely worth paying for. While Massive promised to focus on the endgame, that aspect is actually the most disappointing aspect of this game for me. I don't mind grinding, but when the carrot on the stick is so rare thanks to a shoddy RNG system, it eliminates my desire to play.

I spent almost two weeks grinding for my first exotic and upgrading it to GS500. The upgrade to 500 reduced my weapon's damage instead of improving it.

I was thinking about trying it... but this is like giving away the ending of a movie. A really bad ending where now I don't even want to watch it. There is no point in playing this if all you are going to get a is a nice slap in the face at the end.

That sounds awful.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160

TaishiFox said:

Honestly? wasn't much different from the original if you ask me.

100% Agree, this can be a good thing or a bad thing:

If you haven't played the first to the point of boredom or never actually got bored of the first game or maybe never even played it: Division 2 can be an amazing game.

If however you played the first to the point you felt burnt out on it and felt you saw/did all you could in that game there is not enough of a difference in the second to really draw a player back in.
    JeffSpicoli
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited June 2019
    Getting Liberty and Nemesis exotics were pretty much guaranteed to drop if you followed a certain order, so those are the easiest to get.  If you get a D50 handgun drop, keep it, as you need it to make the Liberty and while I have about five of them so far some people have not been able to get even one of them to drop.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Trying it, loving it.
    SBFordConstantineMerusOctagon7711
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Game is brilliant fun and shitloads to do.
    ConstantineMerusgunklackerinfomatzPhry

..Cake..

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I MIGHT be tempted to try it this weekend.  I'm just over cover-shooters.  It's a boring mechanic and 99% of the time the "Cover" you're behind isn't even good cover.  

Maybe if they added in some physics with regards to destructible cover and actually pushed the mechanic further I would be interested.  Right now these games are basically just "shoot-a-mole".
    gunklacker
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    3dom said:
    Re-checked the game today. Still ugly AF female characters, unnatural animations, bad cosmetics, boring "Crouching Behind Wall Simulator 2019" gameplay. Did biological weapon destroyed all good-looking women and clothing or what? I really wanted to "click" with the game so spent an hour trying to like it. It didn't work, uninstalled and returned to Anthem.

No clue - why would any developer create ugly characters deliberately and why publishers allow it? After all, Ubisoft has very nice character modeling, cosmetics, animations in Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed.
    I wouldn't use Anthem as the alternative to this......that game is a dumpster fire unfortunately.  I love the core gameplay but they screwed the pooch big time.
    RoinJeffSpicoli
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    edited June 2019

3dom said:

I wouldn't use Anthem as the alternative to this......that game is a dumpster fire unfortunately.  I love the core gameplay but they screwed the pooch big time.

He tries to promote Anthem, every chance he gets.

Looking forward to my new and future specializations. New exotics. Division 2 is my go to shooter since it was released.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74

3dom said:

You cant judge this in an hour. The game starts at 30. Anthem was fun but its just as ugly and probably half as detailed.
    JeffSpicoli
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Love the map idea for this game, the only problem is there is never anyone on the map, i am guessing the map is instanced and only you and your party are on any map at any given time?

Don't know why you've got 2 WTFs.. Division is a phased hub game, you never see anyone in the free roam areas if you're not in a group.
    gunklacker
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    Was able to sneak a few hours in so far and here's my early impressions.

As someone who played Division 1 casually and never made it to endgame i find this to be a upgrade but nothing game changing. TBH if i was Big division 1 fan i think i would be pissed this wasn't DLC for the first game as opposed to a new launch title.

The good is,  it plays and looks slightly better then the first game, The gunplay feels a little smoother & tighter. I find the Menu's and the character options along with the loot to be much more enjoyable then the first game, why that is I could not tell you. 

I only have two issues so far with this very enjoyable game. First I feel like they took the Multuplayer out of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but in Division 1 weren't you doing story missions and side missions with other live players out on the world ? In D2 the only time i see other online players are in safe base hubs.

My other big complaint as was with the first game is enemy and NPC variety. I get it, in a game like this you can't have dragons and radiated mutated giant rats but does every NPC have to look like they are dressed for a Antifa rally or work the produce department at whole foods ?! Just a little variety, please....

At 40 bucks its a tough call, not sure im going to buy this but I am itching to play some more so....I shall see
    Gdemami
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If  you been living under a rock the past 20-30 years,then maybe you needed a D2,if you have gamed at all,been there done that ,no need to purchase this or even play it.I watched for plenty of hours,i saw nothing that interests me,yes it is ok as a shooter but that is all it is ....a shooter,yeah old school and imo the game is too easy and predictable.
    Remove the loot drops and i wonder if anyone plays it for more than 1 day.I played UT99 for 15 years and still drop in once a while...NO DROPS,just fun intense  combat.I would say the same for Destiny,these cheap carrots people are chasing and justifying over spending for a simple game design,this is as one poster stated,nothing more than a DLC.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited June 2019
    I may try this or Fallout 76 since both are free for the week. Does anyone know how large these game DLs are? Have to tear myself away from Overwatch as well and don’t get much time to play these days. :*

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Don't know why you've got 2 WTFs.. Division is a phased hub game, you never see anyone in the free roam areas if you're not in a group.
    I think that was the purpose for the WTFs.  Div2 doesn't throw random players into your game, you have to take action to enjoy its multiplayer.

The quoted poster seemed under the impression it was an issue (indicating he isn't aware of the game's systems).  It was an intentional design.

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Was able to sneak a few hours in so far and here's my early impressions.

As someone who played Division 1 casually and never made it to endgame i find this to be a upgrade but nothing game changing. TBH if i was Big division 1 fan i think i would be pissed this wasn't DLC for the first game as opposed to a new launch title.

The good is,  it plays and looks slightly better then the first game, The gunplay feels a little smoother & tighter. I find the Menu's and the character options along with the loot to be much more enjoyable then the first game, why that is I could not tell you. 

I only have two issues so far with this very enjoyable game. First I feel like they took the Multuplayer out of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but in Division 1 weren't you doing story missions and side missions with other live players out on the world ? In D2 the only time i see other online players are in safe base hubs.

My other big complaint as was with the first game is enemy and NPC variety. I get it, in a game like this you can't have dragons and radiated mutated giant rats but does every NPC have to look like they are dressed for a Antifa rally or work the produce department at whole foods ?! Just a little variety, please....

At 40 bucks its a tough call, not sure im going to buy this but I am itching to play some more so....I shall see
     I had the same experiance when i first started to play, but there is ways to join in multi-player, just need to explore the interface a bit more, took me a while to find out how to get to coop game play.
    JeffSpicoli