Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mordhau Scores a Million Sales & Adds New Content in Patch 7 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMordhau Scores a Million Sales & Adds New Content in Patch 7 - MMORPG.com

The latest Mordhau patch has been deployed, the seventh since launch, and it brings with it a number of new content additions. Players will find a new large scale battle map called "Crossroads" that features "horses, mortars, and a dangerous single objective to hold in the center". In addition, the team announced that over a million copies of Mordhau have been sold since launch a month ago.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Went straight to steam, got the store page up, found Mordhau...'This product is already on your wish list'. Sigh. :)
    FacelessSavior
  • alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I hope it's more than just a hype, game is already bleeding... The new map is rushed AF and is hated by 99% of the playerbase, the amount of cheating is also getting out of hand...
    FacelessSavioreoloe
    We are all satoshi!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Never even heard of it.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

alloin said:

I hope it's more than just a hype, game is already bleeding... The new map is rushed AF and is hated by 99% of the playerbase, the amount of cheating is also getting out of hand...

I play every day and the only big complaint I have about the map is the number of horses, there's way too many of them. I certainly don't know where you're getting your 99% number that supposedly hate it, I suspect you pulled it from somewhere dark and stinky. The spawn locations could use some adjusting too. Its a fast paced map that forces the 2 teams to smash faces in the center, I like it. I typically use a Messer and 2 fire pots and have had a great time.
    FacelessSavioreoloe

• FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Same. I'm enjoying the shit out of the game. If cheaters are running rampant, they're hiding it well. Everyone who pwns me seems to be doing it because they're vastly better at the game.
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    broken game and weird game mechanics. the game favors 2h feint+morph combo above anything else and it is destroying the playerbase atm.
    eoloe
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    broken game and weird game mechanics. the game favors 2h feint+morph combo above anything else and it is destroying the playerbase atm.
    You will always get these sort of issues, it is just a matter of how well the team responds to them. Are changes made in a timely fashion without over reacting. Pulling that off is the key to success.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    edited June 2019
    The crossroads map is currently used on frontlines which it was not designed for. It is a garbage map for that mode. I'm thankful several servers have popped up that dont allow it.

For those not in the know, it's a very half assed map in terms of design. It feels very incomplete and what is there feels more appropriate for a game like unreal tournament FFA matches due to it's incredibly odd and unrealistic design. The surrounding area for horse riders is shallow and feels incomplete/rushed out and the inner section feels like a mix of jumping course and mish mash level design elements. You're fighting over a frickin tree fort in the middle of nowhere and you cant even create a reason as to why.

It honestly feels like a map I would have designed as a child.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Scot said:

You will always get these sort of issues, it is just a matter of how well the team responds to them. Are changes made in a timely fashion without over reacting. Pulling that off is the key to success.

Hes exaggerating big time. Join a match and you'll have others complaining about spears stabbing, others complaining about sword and shield users, some crying about mauls, others upset about the reach of short spears.

So far the only issue I've come across would be that spears dont actually have to connect to cause damage. I play on am ultrawide and I'll dodge spears to the point the tip of the spear goes off to the side of the screen and I still take damage.
    Scot