Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Conan Exiles Testlive Patch Brings the Warmaker's Sanctuary Dungeon - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew Conan Exiles Testlive Patch Brings the Warmaker's Sanctuary Dungeon - MMORPG.com

The latest patch has arrived on the Conan Exiles testlive server to allow players to check out some of the upcoming content. Most notably, The Warmaker's Sanctuary dungeon is part of the update as well as a population revamp in faction capitals and caves. Players will also find new loot, an update to the temperature system, agility and survival attribute changes, weapon balance tweaks, bug fixes and QoL improvements.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    good good!
    HatefullAlomar

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    This game looks fun but for someone who is a casual I'd be afraid to put time into it then get killed while being offline and someone take all my loot.
    TokkenAlomar
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    This game looks fun but for someone who is a casual I'd be afraid to put time into it then get killed while being offline and someone take all my loot.
    You could just play on your own. That's what I do. There is a sort of "offline" mode or sort of a private server but on your own computer (someone else might know the details better).

I just build and explore and don't have to deal with unruly players. 
    Truvidien88Hatefull
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    If I was going to play a survival game, this is the one I'd choose.
    HatefullAlomar
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416

Play on a pve conflict, there is pvp between 5pm and 11pm, but they cannot damage your base, so you basically cant be killed while offline and once you have a base going, it can only bw destroyed by a purge (unless it rots from spending too many days offline
    Truvidien88Hatefullvelimirius

What about Ark?
    Tokkenvelimirius

Eldrach said:

Play on a pve conflict, there is pvp between 5pm and 11pm, but they cannot damage your base, so you basically cant be killed while offline and once you have a base going, it can only bw destroyed by a purge (unless it rots from spending too many days offline

I did not know this. Thank you.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Ark is quite detailed but Atlas is imo the most photo realistic game there is.There is a LOT more to it however than simply making nice textures/animations,the creatures within Atlas have solid Ai and act/move like you would expect them to.
    Not a very good article in  that is leaves me GUESSING,are these instance caves dungeons or open world,it matters a lot because i have no room for instances anymore,that is old school been there done that and defeats the purpose of having a MMO.

I wouldn't mind trying Conan now a days,been awhile,i know when it first came out i did not like what i saw and ignored it.I feel the problem is likely the same problem that plagues most mmo's>>>pvp,it can NEVER be balanced and ruins both community and players game play.
    What it sounds like this game perhaps does nicely is add in the loot/gear that my Atlas is missing but Atlas is more about plausible realism than hunting for loot drops which in itself is a mechanic that has long been mind boggling.
    Like when did we decide that people would hunt for loot then add in loot that has no probability of dropping based on what the mobs are using.It is like some simple carrot that entices people to play badly designed games and i am guilty of it as well.However,i still tend to aim for he game design and game play way more than just chasing loot all day n night.
    If i was going to just kill stuff and fight bosses and get loot i would just go back to playing  FFXI.
    Tokken

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Wizardry said:

Ark is quite detailed but Atlas is imo the most photo realistic game there is.

You say a lot of crazy shit but this takes the cake.
    HatefullvelimiriusURMAKER
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Sovrath said:
    You could just play on your own. That's what I do. There is a sort of "offline" mode or sort of a private server but on your own computer (someone else might know the details better).

I just build and explore and don't have to deal with unruly players. 
    There's a single player mode where it's just you and no one else can go to your 'world'.  It's not  offline play as I think they created the game as a multi-player game WITH a single player mode.  As such I think most of the data is kept server side, hence no offline.

You can also play with a friend in co-op mode which doesn't require a private server as the host's computer acts as the server for that one.

You can go into the admin setting and set up all the settings how you want them, no day / night cycle, yes purge, no purge etc....

Than you have the official everyone can play on them servers and the private servers like Eldrach said which can be RP, PvE, Pvp or whatever the host that's paying for the server wants.

My son plays single player mode and just uses it to build stuff.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

velimirius

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Rhoklaw said:

What about Ark?

ARK was the king for a very long time, but Conan Exiles performs A LOT better and the graphics are so much more detailed. Of course both games offer a completely different environment and combat system, Conan Exiles feels less like a game and more like a living breathing world.
    Also ARK has the pokemon mod... which is awesome!!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Dragnelus said:

Downloading.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    DragnelusSpottyGekko[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Put over 1k hours into this as an mmo player. Love the Conan'esque feel to it, but also the building system and combat. Just wish they worked out the engine limitations to be able to reliably host servers of 70-100 like they initially planned, rather than the 40 per it only handles now. Also never fixed some combat bugs, such as getting stuck in enemies and rubber banding backwards into enemies after rolling.
    [Deleted User]
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2019
    Reading/sifting through the many reviews i get a similar picture.

Most/many are happy with the game but seems the biggest problem is Funcom,not surprised.
    Seems some hacking going on and Funcom doesn't care and the report tool seems to be there for show as well.
    Even the poster above me seems to be eluding to problems because of Funcom,so seems this developer is NOT serious and just whipping out fast games to create cash flow.
    If Funcom top execs had half a brain they would take what seems a decent game and roll with it,keep people happy,fix bugs,improve the servers,then if all are happy work on PVE so people don't have to deal with pvp crap and then you can sell expacks instead of lazy DLC's.

I know some say the DLC's are not important,yes they are because gamer's become bored,they want new tiles,new clothes/armor,serious gamer's EXPECT meaningful content updates and yes anything new is important. I am still not clear on the "seasons pass" ordeal,any kind of ongoing cost like that seems over the top because i can play Atlas for $30 forever,no added costs and content is still coming in for free as well the many mods players create ,again for free.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    You got pve/pvp and a pve server where you cant kill houses and pvp at certain times.

• malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Honestly. There is plenty that I wish Funcom would add to the game, but the game to me, has been playable since day 1. Even with the bugs, it's a very immersive world, and the capability of literally taking over a mountain, and being able to see your compound from miles away is pretty sweet. I suppose I wish there were more characters from Conan Lore, mounts, and full on magic. In fact, if they added an option to be a class like in Age of Conan, but also be able to equip the weapons and armor already in game, just with abilities would really propel the game to new heights. They already own the content, it just takes implementation.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Eldrach said:

I did not know this. Thank you.
    Just fyi even on pvp servers there isn't terribly high amount of pvp going on from what I'vr experienced - most players have multiple bases and most newer players mostly likely have nothing worth looting to risk getting revenge or vigilante attacks on your bases anyways.

It isn't really like Rust although they are both same genre of games.