Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Console MMO

Me and guildies are arguing what the best mmo on console is. Lmk what yall think. I personally like ESO the best. 
Best console MMORPG
  1. Which ones the best?35 votes
    1. ESO
      37.14%
    2. Tera
        2.86%
    3. FF14
      40.00%
    4. Neverwinter
        2.86%
    5. Skyforge
        2.86%
    6. Onigiri
        2.86%
    7. Warframe
        5.71%
    8. Destiny 2
        5.71%
    9. DCUO
        0.00%
    10. Trove
        0.00%
ElonMuskKyleran

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Where is black desert :smiley:
    centkinSovrathWaanKyleran

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I say TERA, it's very good with a controller. I don't say ESO because playing it with a controller, and without mods, is no where near as good as playing it on PC.
    GorwegunklackerKyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited June 2019
    Onigri is pretty BA to me. :) My only gripe is I kinda prefer a more minimalist display and there's just so much around the character panes in game.
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
     What about defiance 2050 ;)

AriesTigerretiredmj
     What about defiance 2050 ;)

I really loved that game for the first couple of years! After that I just kept wondering if I should log in. It was kind of a weird experience for me personally. (More of an MMORPG kinda guy but the TV series got me hooked!)
    edited June 2019
    DMKano said:
    None of the above. 

What some consoles do have is pretty epic single player games like Zelda Breath of the wild - blows away any of the mmo games listed by miles.

I'm watching some videos on youtube of that game. Looks pretty BA! :O (bad arse lol...I've "calmed down" in my chat in the last couple of years so kinda acronym or such any bad words now as a personal filter haha.)
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    The wow of consoles is the winner FFXIV
    Tenohira
    DeadSpock said:
    PS4 only

DeadSpock

Star Trek Online ?  i like the ground and ship combat, the engine is a little dated, if it was remastered, i would play it.

AriesTiger
    Even though ESO is not my cup of tea as I don't like any elder scroll game I admit if you like the 1st person type of rpg with crosshair is a great option I did buy it but didint make past level 16 it does have detail skill customization and npc who actually speak, and Tera is a great option for console mmorpg and free.
    edited June 2019
    DeadSpock said:
    PS4 only

I'm a Sony fanboy even though I own a xbox1 as well only play ps4pro soon to be upgraded to ps5, it's a shame they never got a ffxiv for xbox1 though.
    DeadSpock said:
    DeadSpock said:
    PS4 only

I'm a Sony fanboy even though I own a xbox1 as well only play ps4pro soon to be upgraded to ps5, it's a shame they never got a ffxiv for xbox1 though.
    I hope it will release on xbox and switch

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-xiv-online-boss-talks-potential-xbox/1100-6465808/

The more the merrier.

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I'm waiting for Caravan Stories for the PS4.  Looks like it might be a pretty decent MMO and, currently, a PS4 exclusive to boot.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    ARK

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    DMKano said:
    None of the above. 

What some consoles do have is pretty epic single player games like Zelda Breath of the wild - blows away any of the mmo games listed by miles.
    Yes, but that doesn't answer the OP's question asking specifically about mmos.

Right now to me personally the best console mmos are FFXIV and Path of Exile. BDO is releasing soon on PS4(its already on XB) so that would be the third one. I like ESO but i don't consider it best because i feel Zenimax is exploiting the DLC strategy with so many paid dlc that it's just better to wait a couple years for a massive sale and buy the game again on a very cheap bundled edition.

DeadSpock said:
    DeadSpock said:
    PS4 only

i didnt say  there anything wrong with ps4, i would play FFXIV in a second if it was on xbox one, i wish FFXIV would put back into the game the stronghold sieges, was my fav in beta. i use xbox one now, because my kids and grand kids do, this way i can keep in touch with them. None are old school like us and game on a PC :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    DeadSpock said:
    DeadSpock said:
    PS4 only

i didnt say  there anything wrong with ps4, i would play FFXIV in a second if it was on xbox one, i wish FFXIV would put back into the game the stronghold sieges, was my fav in beta. i use xbox one now, because my kids and grand kids do, this way i can keep in touch with them. None are old school like us and game on a PC :)

Now that all XB games are coming to Windows 10 (i believe voice/party chat is already there) you can trade your XB for a PS4 if XIV doesn't get ported and still stay connected with family through W10 :p since MS is making it redundant to own both a PC and XB.

Considering XIV is a third party game i believe it should be on all platforms, even on the Switch.

EDIT: of course i'm kidding about you switching, you play on whatever you want. But the redundancy part is true.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    With Switchblade, any MMO is a console MMO. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    ESO or FF14, flip a coin.  To the dude who said you're missing stuff from the PC version, I'm going to disagree it felt exactly the same (minus slightly worse gfx on PS4) and have played both these games on both PC and PS4.

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Me and guildies are arguing what the best mmo on console is. Lmk what yall think. I personally like ESO the best. 
    People are still playing on consoles? O_o
    ElonMusk said:
    People are still playing on consoles? O_o
    Yup, mobile/console and less pc.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Depends on where you put the emphasis, on "best" or on "console".

Best console MMO is DCUO, hands down. It was the flagship of PS, with the PC version is just a mere afterthought, it was barely playable on PC at launch...

Best MMO you can play on consoles, that's a tougher nut to crack. Very much up for personal tastes I guess. To be honest, none of my main games are on the list, so I'd pick maybe FF XIV.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    The best MMO on console is the one that makes you realise you need to get a PC and play your MMOs on that. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    The best MMO on console is the one that makes you realise you need to get a PC and play your MMOs on that. :)
    With a controller! Right Scot?  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    gunklackerUngoodScot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    lahnmir said:
    Scot said:
    With a controller! Right Scot?  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    This is why I use Switchblade

Just set it up however you like, and you can play pretty much any MMO with a controller, older and newer ones alike.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.