Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lian Li BORA Digital RGB 120mm Fans Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLian Li BORA Digital RGB 120mm Fans Review - MMORPG.com

Fans are a necessity. They bring cool air into your case and expel hot air out of your PC’s case, but not all fans are created equal. There are many options to pick from, and they range from the plain ones built for performance to expensive ones made for RGB flash, like the new Lian Li BORA Digital RGB Fans we’re reviewing today. Let’s take a closer look.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Was interested in the article after reading. Looked up reviews, their last fans have 3/5, and a lot of complaints of dying after a few months. Otherwise I might be interested in these, I don't believe they're out yet?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Was interested in the article after reading. Looked up reviews, their last fans have 3/5, and a lot of complaints of dying after a few months. Otherwise I might be interested in these, I don't believe they're out yet?

Yeah same, I looked at these because they seemed like the best fit for my LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic White case. I ended up with Corsair LL fans. The only negative about them is the light ring is only on one side. I also have a few Noctua fans which are great, no RGB. Honestly Corsair and Noctua make the highest quality fans.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Am i the only one who sees the hypocrisy here? People whined so much about mmorpg.com covering non mmorpgs that they had to make a separate site (gamespace) to cover those games, yet everyone is totally OK with mmorpg.com covering tech.

Nobody uses gamespace, just bring all content to a single site.
    JeffSpicoli

Am i the only one who sees the hypocrisy here? People whined so much about mmorpg.com covering non mmorpgs that they had to make a separate site (gamespace) to cover those games, yet everyone is totally OK with mmorpg.com covering tech.

I don't mind the not so mmo stuff, though I think it would bury a lot of the other news and articles if it was all here. They would need a way to condense the article feed on the first page to fit everything so you don't have to always hit the more stories button to see what you missed for the day.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Tiller said:

I don't mind the not so mmo stuff, though I think it would bury a lot of the other news and articles if it was all here. They would need a way to condense the article feed on the first page to fit everything so you don't have to always hit the more stories button to see what you missed for the day.
    but is it that hard to click the more stories button? i click it every day.

Tiller said:

but is it that hard to click the more stories button? i click it every day.
    yes
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2019

They bought or became partners with Gamespace,they did not create it for any reason at all.

As to "covering" tech,i would not call this "covering" or even a proper review.
    EVERYONE,like every single person when reviewing a product weighs in versus similar products both from a cost perspective to performance etc etc.
    We do the same with games,we determine if the price is right and we decide if a game is better than what we already have or if there are better options.

These are done straight up in the form of an ENDORSEMENT/advertisement,NEVER comparing value versus similar products.

On the bigger picture,the scope of reviews in general,NO REVIEW,idc if it i Tom's hardware is a full legit review when given the product for free.Most of us,i bet pretty much all of us do a bit of homework,we compare one item to another before purchasing it,if it doesn't hold any value cost wise,we never buy it...period,so no review is going to be done because in our minds the review is already done,the product is NOT worth it.This site will never say ANY of these products are not worth  a purchase which of course reaffirms NON legit .

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Wizardry said:

They bought or became partners with Gamespace,they did not create it for any reason at all.

As to "covering" tech,i would not call this "covering" or even a proper review.
    EVERYONE,like every single person when reviewing a product weighs in versus similar products both from a cost perspective to performance etc etc.
    We do the same with games,we determine if the price is right and we decide if a game is better than what we already have or if there are better options.

These are done straight up in the form of an ENDORSEMENT/advertisement,NEVER comparing value versus similar products.

On the bigger picture,the scope of reviews in general,NO REVIEW,idc if it i Tom's hardware is a full legit review when given the product for free.Most of us,i bet pretty much all of us do a bit of homework,we compare one item to another before purchasing it,if it doesn't hold any value cost wise,we never buy it...period,so no review is going to be done because in our minds the review is already done,the product is NOT worth it.This site will never say ANY of these products are not worth  a purchase which of course reaffirms NON legit .

Wizardry, the last time you read a full article I was a twinkle in my father's eye. What you've said is flat out untrue. We almost always compare to other pieces of hardware, so long as we have them on hand. Stop spreading your lies and just skip these articles if they seem so ungenuine to you.

For everyone else, we wrote more than 240 tech articles in the last 13 months. Nearly all discuss other products and place an item accurately in the market. This we did not because a) Chris didn't have other fan sets and b) by airflow and noise ratings, they're right in line with other fans, so it's clear from the get-go they're average with flashy looks.
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    "Fans are a necessity" Not entirely true.
  • GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

Dinasty said:

"Fans are a necessity" Not entirely true.

Oh, I dunno. Have you asked Kim Kardashian?
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.