Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mike’s Best of E3 2019 - Michael Bitton - MMORPG.com

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

imageMike’s Best of E3 2019 - Michael Bitton - MMORPG.com

Another year, another E3. This time the show was a bit smaller than we’re used to, with companies like Sony opting to skip altogether. Thankfully, the folks at Nintendo, Square Enix and Microsoft impressed enough to make for a decent overall showing. These are my favorite developments of E3 2019.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I agree with your point regarding Breath of the Wild's degradation mechanics. I've gotten used to them but they aren't really fun. I will most definitely be buying this sequel.

I've never played a "regular" Final Fantasy game (meaning other than Final Fantasy 14) but I'm intrigued enough by this remake to give it a try.

MrMelGibsoninfomatz
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Elden Ring and BGIII were the only things that interested me, but super excited for both. Both will be whatever cheapest pre-order is.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    My best of E3:

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Final Fantasy 7R

Marvel's Avengers

Tales of Arise

Breath of the Wild sequel

Dragon Quest and Banjo Kazooie in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Trials of Mana Remake

Outriders

All in all, this was an E3 of quality, not quantity. The lows were really low and the highs were astronomical. The great announcements were REALLY great and the average announcements were REALLY boring.

The only things really missing here that could have made this a far better show were another Ubisoft and Nintendo collab, another traditional Square game (like a Bravely or an Octopath), and Shin Megami Tensei 5 (where are you?!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Shanky_ShankyShanky_Shanky Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Baldurs Gate III was the biggest announce of E3, super excited of Larian making the game
    MrMelGibsonsakerinfomatzGorwe
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Sovrath said:
    I agree with your point regarding Breath of the Wild's degradation mechanics. I've gotten used to them but they aren't really fun. I will most definitely be buying this sequel.

I've never played a "regular" Final Fantasy game (meaning other than Final Fantasy 14) but I'm intrigued enough by this remake to give it a try.

I hated it at first too, but learned to love it.  It became another reason to explore in terms of finding weapons and also required some more thought.  Overall, I could take it or leave it though.
    I'm kind of mixed on the weapon degredation mechanics. On one hand, it makes for a pretty fun combat experience. On the other hand, it makes even high end weapons feel unrewarding, and it disincentivizes you from fighting enemies if their rewards don't outweigh the weapon damage.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Aeander said:
    I'm kind of mixed on the weapon degredation mechanics. On one hand, it makes for a pretty fun combat experience. On the other hand, it makes even high end weapons feel unrewarding, and it disincentivizes you from fighting enemies if their rewards don't outweigh the weapon damage.
    I'm playing it on master mode right now off and on and yeah....it's rough to start.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Aeander said:

yeah worst mechanic no doubt
    MrMelGibson
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Warlyx said:

Aeander said:

yeah worst mechanic no doubt
    this is used in Praey for the Gods as well. I would say those developers are influenced by some of Breath of the Wild's mechanics such as the item degradation as well as the glider.

It seems to work a bit better their because the game has more of a survival game feel. However, it's still way annoying at times.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Nothing has been announced that I am even slightly excited about that I've seen posted so far. The games I am excited about all seem to have their release pushed back from when I expected (Outer Worlds and WL3) so E3 has done nothing but crush my hopes of having good games releasing this year other than Classic.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    Honestly, looking at the VII remake as it is (not thinking about monetization, story division etc), it just made me want this to be VIII instead. If anyone remembers VIII's commericial and the cutscene patterns they used, this honestly just looks like a playable version of that (which isn't a bad thing). VIII aesthetic is just more pleasing to me plus gunblade baby! Alas, that might not happen in my lifetime with the rate they are working on just this and looking back at how long it took for them to develop FFXV (which I believe started development at the same time or before XIII, even though it was under a different name back then as well).
    Reverielle
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I had high hopes for Jedi: Fallen Order, but the gameplay footage made it look a lot like a re-skinned Titanfall. Titanfall wasn't bad... but not exactly my favorite style either.

Very excited about both FFVII and VIII. I think S/E has done a good job with the FF Franchise as of late: from the pickup of the stumble on FFXIV to what is now great commitment and support, to the actual continued release of content for XV. It leaves me feeling optimistic about the for the episodic VII release. I enjoyed XIII, but it wasn't a high mark for the franchise.

I haven't been able to get into a Zelda game for a while. I know it's a shame, I always hear they are great, but I just can't get back into them. Maybe I need to be 12 again...

Intrigued by Avengers. Not really excited, but it's got me keeping an open eye.

Still more buzzed for Cyberpunk than anything. And I'm really hoping Outer Worlds doesn't become a XB1 exclusive, as this is still very much on my radar.

Was hoping for updated Nintendo Switch hardware, didn't get it.
    [Deleted User]
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    2077. Nothing else matters.
    Ridelynn said:
    I had high hopes for Jedi: Fallen Order, but the gameplay footage made it look a lot like a re-skinned Titanfall. Titanfall wasn't bad... but not exactly my favorite style either.

Very excited about both FFVII and VIII. I think S/E has done a good job with the FF Franchise as of late: from the pickup of the stumble on FFXIV to what is now great commitment and support, to the actual continued release of content for XV. It leaves me feeling optimistic about the for the episodic VII release. I enjoyed XIII, but it wasn't a high mark for the franchise.

I haven't been able to get into a Zelda game for a while. I know it's a shame, I always hear they are great, but I just can't get back into them. Maybe I need to be 12 again...

Intrigued by Avengers. Not really excited, but it's got me keeping an open eye.

Still more buzzed for Cyberpunk than anything. And I'm really hoping Outer Worlds doesn't become a XB1 exclusive, as this is still very much on my radar.

Was hoping for updated Nintendo Switch hardware, didn't get it.
    Updated Switch hardware would be a terrible idea.

Let's make everyone who bought our console 2 years ago feel like total chumps.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited June 2019
    if mostly only final fantasy games and Zelda were worth a mention then this year is gonna be another garbage year for games, or the OP has a very narrow focus and just ain't looking at my type of games.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    On the Avengers thing, I read elsewhere today that while they are collecting feedback, they have no plans to adjust the look of the characters. Which is amusing since I haven't read any positive feedback on their look.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Samhael said:
    On the Avengers thing, I read elsewhere today that while they are collecting feedback, they have no plans to adjust the look of the characters. Which is amusing since I haven't read any positive feedback on their look.
    Oftentimes requests for feedback are the commercial equivalent of "does this dress make me look fat?" Looking for reassurance, not candor.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    FF7 is imo a very weak story,a band of thugs and nothing more.I tried the game several times,i just can't get too far before i need to quit playing,it is imo not a very good game.
    I did not play it when it first came out,so i don't know the nostalgia behind it or how good it was for that era but i just don't get it,i would rather play FF3 before 7 any day anytime.8-9 were ok but soon i dove into X there was no going back to 8-9 for a long time,X was the best story i ever encountered in a rpg and the characters had a ton of personality.

NO way could i formulate my own best of E3 because it had sooooo many super boring parts that i could never think of watching it all.So i watched bits and pieces and did not see a whole lot of good,what i did see was a common trend to ACT FAKE,PRETEND the people on stage loved everything they saw in every game.
    In typical fashion,it is a place to get all your commercial advertising under one umbrella.It is not different than opening up Steam and seeing curators rate every game as great great,awesome,great,just a pile of bull,FAKE people all over the place.
    AeanderTacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Alaloth looks great , surprised it got no mention at all ...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919360/Alaloth__Champions_of_The_Four_Kingdoms/
    [Deleted User]
    Scorchien said:
    Alaloth looks great , surprised it got no mention at all ...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919360/Alaloth__Champions_of_The_Four_Kingdoms/
    Had me at top down ARPG. Lost me at Souls like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다