Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG prophecy!!!

ErwinnErwinn Member Posts: 48

What im about to say is going to be quite radical folks but here goes..........

SWG will not shutdown and die as has been fortold. On the contrary, in at  least  a year and a 1/2 - 2 years it will be a working SW mmo on par with WoW.   All you embittered vets will return and thousands of new players will fill the servers  We will all then live happily ever after in our SW universe in a galaxy far far away............

uggh well hell I can at least dream can't I?    Yes i realize that the chances of that happening are like .000000000000001 % but damn i had such fun Pre-cu   and wish the game was as fun now as it was back then.

Yes I am smoking crack..........

FoE
"Our Enemies are sacred cause they make us strong."

Comments

• ValgurdValgurd Member Posts: 28
    Dammd, i should start to smoke too, life will be better than!

Waahoo, there was never a NGE!!!!!

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941

Originally posted by Erwinn

SWG will not shutdown and die as has been fortold. On the contrary, in at  least  a year and a 1/2 - 2 years it will be a working SW mmo on par with WoW.   All you embittered vets will return and thousands of new players will fill the servers  We will all then live happily ever after in our SW universe in a galaxy far far away............

Not going to happen. The constant putting all their effort into redoing the combat just means that SWG is adding less and less to make itself stand out from new MMOs which will have better graphics, less bugs and better gameplay. The lack of any sort of vision in the past and now for the NGE is killing the game.

And If I was intrested in a class/loot/grind game I'd be playing WoW and if I wanted a MMO FPS I'd go for planetside(well really I'd just go with counterstrike) before SWG.

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    For a minute there, I thought akewlguy had returned...  

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• SquidiSquidi Member Posts: 419
    Even if SWG did become great again, the angry vets still won't go back. They've lost objectivity.

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by Squidi
    Even if SWG did become great again, the angry vets still won't go back. They've lost objectivity.

For many objectivity is not the issue, they simply refuse to deal with a company with buissness practices they find morally repugnant, in this aspect $oe is very lucky since so many will take whatever crap they are given for years before they finally lash out.. can we say North American Auto industry .

To those taking a stand against bad buissness practices I say Kudos to you it takes a great deal of conviction to stay the course.

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by Ouchmuch

Originally posted by Squidi

For many objectivity is not the issue, they simply refuse to deal with a company with buissness practices they find morally repugnant, in this aspect $oe is very lucky since so many will take whatever crap they are given for years before they finally lash out.. can we say North American Auto industry .

To those taking a stand against bad buissness practices I say Kudos to you it takes a great deal of conviction to stay the course.

Agree.  This is the reason why I am not playing SWG.  While I am not a fan of the NGE (pretty much hate it) it is the way that SOE has handled their customers that caused me to decide that SOE will not be getting one more dime from me.

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

uggh well hell I can at least dream can't I?    Yes i realize that the chances of that happening are like .000000000000001 % but damn i had such fun Pre-cu   and wish the game was as fun now as it was back then.

Yes I am smoking crack..........

So what happened to FoE?  I hardly see you guys in-game anymore, when you used to be everywhere.
  • MordahMordah Member Posts: 199
    Like others have said...although the game is atrocious the biggest reason I don't ever plan to patronize SOE again is not the product as much as the inept way the whole thing was handled.  Investing hundreds of hours into a character only to have it all become worthless overnight is not something I care to have happen to me in an MMO.
  • ErwinnErwinn Member Posts: 48
    Anaic we are alive and kicking man. The NGE hit us hard as a bunch of our guys went to WoW, but there is  sill a sizeable group of us that plays SWG and we are growing.  FoE as a whole guild is doing fantastic, its just that SWG is going through some growing pains imo. If SWG ever gets good again like I hope it will, then you'll see alot of the old FoE guys come back. Still we are definetly around on Bria, hehe ask the rebels 

FoE
    "Our Enemies are sacred cause they make us strong."

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Anaic we are alive and kicking man. The NGE hit us hard as a bunch of our guys went to WoW, but there is  sill a sizeable group of us that plays SWG and we are growing.  FoE as a whole guild is doing fantastic, its just that SWG is going through some growing pains imo. If SWG ever gets good again like I hope it will, then you'll see alot of the old FoE guys come back. Still we are definetly around on Bria, hehe ask the rebels 

More like leperosy.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by Agricola1

More like leperosy.

Yeah, I definately wouldn't call it growing pains either.  After all, that implies that SWG is growing, and the last I heard from SOE, that wasn't the case.

I'd say it was on life support.  Sure it can recover, but I think it might take a miracle.