Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it dead? Is it crap?

124»

Comments

• HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 58
    This game is crap and an embarrassment to the Star Trek name.  It had so much potential but they really screwed the whole thing up.  The best thing they could do is scrap the game now and let someone else take a shot with the Star Trek name. 
    This right here sums it up.
    psychosiz1deniterLeFantomeMoiraeAsm0deus
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    I'm beginning to see why people say it's dying.

I look at the instance list and they've sneakily removed all of the indicators showing whether people are joining or not, in favor of wait times...which means you can no longer gauge how long you'll really have to wait before an instance is filled!

I think since the addition of the Star Trek Discovery crap, it was the last straw for most players and they got tired of the pandering to the SJWs rather than the actual point of Star Trek under Gene Roddenberry's vision. I think people left en masse in protest.
    Gdemamigunklacker
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,273
    edited May 14

I look at the instance list and they've sneakily removed all of the indicators showing whether people are joining or not, in favor of wait times...which means you can no longer gauge how long you'll really have to wait before an instance is filled!

I think since the addition of the Star Trek Discovery crap, it was the last straw for most players and they got tired of the pandering to the SJWs rather than the actual point of Star Trek under Gene Roddenberry's vision. I think people left en masse in protest.
    Nice troll attempt. That has nothing to do with why the game is declining in population. It's because it's getting old, and not bringing many new players in to the fold. Stories are pretty basic, and ground and ship combat is marginal at best.

The whole premise of Star Trek was and has always been what some would consider to be filled with SJW stories back in the day, and even now. If you didn't know what GRs original vision for Star Trek, you aren't a true fan.

psychosiz1Moiraealkarionlog

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,027
    Huntrezz said:
    This game is crap and an embarrassment to the Star Trek name.  It had so much potential but they really screwed the whole thing up.  The best thing they could do is scrap the game now and let someone else take a shot with the Star Trek name. 
    Agreed, a very fitting summation.
    psychosiz1

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Asm0deus said:
    Huntrezz said:

Yeah I just want to add I got reported in game for saying the F word. Imagine paying for all ships then get treated like you don't have the first amendment right. and They have profanity filter. The only mmo where I got reported for typing F word.

Gdemami
  • HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,399
    Check out the death of a game on YouTube. The guy nails it on Star Trek Online. The game is for those older Trek fans that have money to burn. It really is the perfect PWE game as the ultimate game for whales. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,166
    This game never got the TLC from the developer that such an important IP deserves. It would be like getting the Dune franchise and making a side scrolling hop and bop with it.
    Tiller

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I don't know if its dead but it is crap.  The quicker this game dies, the quicker that someone else can make a better Star Trek MMO.
    AmatheTiller
    Hariken said:
    Check out the death of a game on YouTube. The guy nails it on Star Trek Online. The game is for those older Trek fans that have money to burn. It really is the perfect PWE game as the ultimate game for whales. 
    Agree. I enjoyed my 2 weeks in it after being gone 3 years, I doubt I will return anytime soon. It was kind of like visiting a museum of science and industry; fun for the day.

The game is literally full of whales, people with multitudes of tier 6 ships. Not sure what they do in it other than space raids because the ground raids are dead. I know I'm not dropping a dime on this game.

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,421
    WTF, Windows 10 is detecting the ARC installer as some kind of threat and won't run it...
    That's an advertisement for Windows 10 if I ever heard one.  Arc and I have an adversarial relationship.

The Steam option sounds more plausible for Win 7 users like me.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WBadgerWBadger Member UncommonPosts: 289
    I don't know if its dead but it is crap.  The quicker this game dies, the quicker that someone else can make a better Star Trek MMO.
    Or the quicker the Star Trek IP goes up in smoke for mmos.  It's not like if a popular IP's game fails, that someone can immediately start progress on a better alternative.  CBS is the ones that own the Star Trek IP.  If they can push Star Trek Discovery in STO without having to pay dollars to have a new game made, they're going to do exactly that.  If they can't get any dollars out of their Star Trek MMO, they're going to pull the plug on it and just push out multiplayer hub games or singleplayer games with a star trek skin on it (With their focus being on Discovery).  And unfortunately, PWE's business models is right up CBS's alley (With the focus on big impulse purchases for digital goods).
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 337
    It's not dead and it's not crap. Sign on and play and see. If you love any of the Star Trek shows and movies you will have fun in this game.
    blamo2000ScorchienTillerAgent_Joseph
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 964
    This is one of those games I used to really love.  I don't play any game I am really into more than a couple months at a time (at the most).  When I go back I almost always start a new character to get myself reacquainted with the game.  This is a good example of a game that kind of pushed me away with bloat.  Too much changed and was added where I couldn't really get reacquainted, figure out what was going on, after a while go back to my old character if getting to where s/he is seems like to much of a hassle, and still have a clear idea of what I am doing and how to move forward.

But don't get me wrong.  There is a lot to this game.  I think its a very underrated mmorpg and offers a lot - it just added enough and changed enough where I personally felt like it would be too much of a hassle to jump back in and have fun.
    Mendel
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,656
    Asm0deus said:
    Huntrezz said:

Yeah I just want to add I got reported in game for saying the F word. Imagine paying for all ships then get treated like you don't have the first amendment right. and They have profanity filter. The only mmo where I got reported for typing F word.

Well, no.  In a video game, you don't have any First Amendment rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm not seeing where private enterprises are mentioned.
    WBadger
    Summer event in full swing. I went back to earn a T6 Risian corvette.

Scorchien

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,911
    Tiller said:
    Summer event in full swing. I went back to earn a T6 Risian corvette.

Yea its a nice ship to , People like to piss and moan about STO  Loot boxes (and good ships are locked behind)  , but this is the 4th T6 they have given away since Xmas 18
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    great mmo,if love ST you ll love STO
    ScorchiengunklackerAsm0deus

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Tiller said:

Nice troll attempt. That has nothing to do with why the game is declining in population. It's because it's getting old, and not bringing many new players in to the fold. Stories are pretty basic, and ground and ship combat is marginal at best.

The whole premise of Star Trek was and has always been what some would consider to be filled with SJW stories back in the day, and even now. If you didn't know what GRs original vision for Star Trek, you aren't a true fan.

rofl. You have got to be kidding. There are mmos still going strong out there that have been around for much MUCH longer than this game. The game is crap. It always has been. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,097
    I jsut couldn't get into the game...it's been a few years since I tried it so maybe alot has changed...It just always felt "off".....
  • sarbonnsarbonn Member UncommonPosts: 119
    This is one of those games I just keep coming back to and hate myself for doing it because just returning to it makes me feel like I'm justifying the fact that they're not doing anything to make the game better.

It can be fun, but let's face it, the game has been on life support for a very long time. What gets me is that every time I go back, it takes me about a week to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing and then I go on autopilot until I realize I'd rather not be playing this game.
    Mendel