Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is gear raid locked if a small percentage of players raid

1101112131416»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,784
    Ungood said:

Content Loctus, have always been a problem with games, for the same reasons in the past as today, they arrive, consume and move on, often spending as little as possible in the process, but with today's social platforms they tend to cry and whine more about the lack of content.
    Why do you keep misspelling locust to loctus? You need to slow them fingers down a bit lol.
    AlBQuirky
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,757
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:

Content Loctus, have always been a problem with games, for the same reasons in the past as today, they arrive, consume and move on, often spending as little as possible in the process, but with today's social platforms they tend to cry and whine more about the lack of content.
    Why do you keep misspelling locust to loctus? You need to slow them fingers down a bit lol.
    Spell Checker.. birch to them.. the Ducking Cucumber.
    AlBQuirky
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member RarePosts: 2,867
    every raiding mmorpg now has a LFR or pug system so every1 can see the content and get "raid" gear , or close to it ....
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member RarePosts: 6,541
    So the answer to raiding should not be the only way to get the best equipment is to make raiding easier to do.

Um.no. that doesn't solve the issue or even change it.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • WargfootWargfoot Member UncommonPosts: 243
    edited June 14
    This has been a typical raiding experience for me:

1: Get a group of players together.
    2: The experienced players walk the noobs through the exploits.
    3: The raid is completed.
    4: Random items collected.
    5: Rinse and repeat until everyone has a matching set of the Ice King Gear.

^--- This is the most awful game play in MMORPGs to date.

It is awful for several reasons:
    1: It is repetitive and boring.
    2: Large raids/high difficulty locks out solo/small group players.
    3: You're in an instance in a MMORPG.
    4: It is terrible story telling (how many times are you going to kill that boss?)
    5: Often, artificial barriers keep the raids exclusive (cannot sell the stuff you find).

So raiding is just absolutely awful from the loading screen right on down to using a die roll to determine who gets the ass ugly gauntlets of witchery.  Furthermore, if you like raiding you long ago stop enjoying gaming and you're too anesthetized to realize it.  Just quit already.  Your soul has already left your body.  Seriously.

I'd rather see static dungeons made more dynamic.

Perhaps a dungeon has ratmen and orcs and they are always fighting each other.  Sometimes when you enter the dugeon the ratmen have gained the upperhand so you've ratman traps about and fugitive orcs running around in tattered bands.  Later, the orcs gain the upper hand and you find the dungeon a bit more dangerous with orc mages.  Maybe the orcs add a couple of rooms or passages - maybe the idols have been switched out, etc.  If the orcs have the dungeon for too long the orc necromancers unleash an army of undead, which overwhelm, and the next time you enter the dungeon it is all skeletons and liches.  A week later it is back to ratmen.

Anything to get the response: "Cool, I've not seen this before" instead of the loading screen for a raid you've already run 15 times.

Raid gear is evil.

UngoodAlBQuirkySteelhelm
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    I dont' always raid.  The thing with raiding is you need to spend an enormous amount of time to get gear "which will be replaced by a 5 minutes quest in the next expansion".

So many times I just shrug and put my focus on making new alt.

And people's comment is "developer put so much focus on making raid!".  My reply is developer only make a few(some times even 1 raid per expansion)...  That is not putting much focus on raiding.

Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,630
    edited June 16
    AAAMEOW said:
    I dont' always raid.  The thing with raiding is you need to spend an enormous amount of time to get gear "which will be replaced by a 5 minutes quest in the next expansion".

And people's comment is "developer put so much focus on making raid!".  My reply is developer only make a few(some times even 1 raid per expansion)...  That is not putting much focus on raiding.

Posters on this thread are telling us there is not enough content/variety in raids and we are also told the developers are spending too much time on designing raids. Which is it, it cannot be both? :)

Some of the new indie MMOs are trying a different approach CF is very PvP orientated, but will that be a solution, well not for PvE players who want PvE? If we get new types of MMOs, they will not please us all that's for sure.
    AlBQuirky

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 3,901
    Scot said:
    AAAMEOW said:

Posters on this thread are telling us there is not enough content/variety in raids and we are also told the developers are spending too much time on designing raids. Which is it, it cannot be both? :)

Some of the new indie MMOs are trying a different approach CF is very PvP orientated, but will that be a solution, well not for PvE players who want PvE? If we get new types of MMOs, they will not please us all that's for sure.
    Or they focused the end game small amount of content that is not diverse.
    AlBQuirky