Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take a look at Astellia Founder packs

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    Welp, time for my favorite gif:

I'm sure they are those prices to provide a 'quality experience' right?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2019
    Albatroes said:

Yeh, this game was b2p right? But why do they have dungeons which you can enter an x amount per day and with a 30 day your timer will be 30% faster, with b2p.

Edit: or faster dungeon ticket regen

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    Dragnelus said:
    Albatroes said:

Yeh, this game was b2p right? But why do they have dungeons which you can enter an x amount per day and with a 30 day your timer will be 30% faster, with b2p.

Edit: or faster dungeon ticket regen
    Pretty much what Bless Online did as well. Hell, Bless was charging you cash shop currency to teleport to dungeons.

If enough waves are made, the dungeon limit will be lifted at least for leveling, but there's no way they'll get rid of their 'optional subscription.' Its just there for 'convenience' totally not p2w. /endsarcasm
    Gdemami
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Dungeon limits is typical of Eastern MMOs; TERA, Revelation, MU.. they all do it. SWTOR does it too. It's only an issue if you play like 8 hours a day, every day.

I think this game deserves the benefit of the doubt until it proves otherwise. Those packages look fine to me.

The packages only being available for a limited amount of time is stupid though... Quick, buy! You won't get another chance!

Sure we won't....
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Dungeon limits is typical of Eastern MMOs; TERA, Revelation, MU.. they all do it. SWTOR does it too. It's only an issue if you play like 8 hours a day, every day.

I think this game deserves the benefit of the doubt until it proves otherwise. Those packages look fine to me.

The packages only being available for a limited amount of time is stupid though... Quick, buy! You won't get another chance!

Sure we won't....
    When im free, I wanna do a few dungeons in a row. I wanted to try this game but if 39,99 is also the cheapest game pass. 

Those games are all f2p, I cant remember a b2p game with dungeons limits  :s

In short I hate dungeon tickets :D

edited June 2019
    Dragnelus said:

Sure we won't....
    When im free, I wanna do a few dungeons in a row. I wanted to try this game but if 39,99 is also the cheapest game pass. 

Might depend on how it's implemented.

In TERA you have an allowance that regens some every 5 minutes or something like that. So you might have about 800 dungeon allowance and each dungeon might take 100 of those each run.. so you can run 8 in a row, by the time you've done 8 you might have enough for another 2 runs.

In MU and Revelation you can enter each one a set number of times.. so since there's over 10 dungeons in each of those games you can go on a massive dungeon spree each day. More than you probably have the time to do. Both those games also have a few dungeons that don't have any limit on them.

Dungeon limits look bad on paper but in practice they will only affect the ultimate hardcore players.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Do they describe what some of these things actually do?  Like... beeswax tokens (heroic)?
    Tiamat64 said:
    Do they describe what some of these things actually do?  Like... beeswax tokens (heroic)?
    Mouse over them and it shows the details.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Ah.  So it's like Elsword's unsealing thingies.  Wonder if that Ring of Exploration that auto loots for you will be as nigh-necesary as BDO's auto looting pets.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I belive this game was f2p in other servers, so anyone falling for b2p again after bless, have more money then good sense
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Usual generic Asian MMO.  Nothing to see here.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Dragnelus said:

Sure we won't....

In TERA you have an allowance that regens some every 5 minutes or something like that. So you might have about 800 dungeon allowance and each dungeon might take 100 of those each run.. so you can run 8 in a row, by the time you've done 8 you might have enough for another 2 runs.

In MU and Revelation you can enter each one a set number of times.. so since there's over 10 dungeons in each of those games you can go on a massive dungeon spree each day. More than you probably have the time to do. Both those games also have a few dungeons that don't have any limit on them.

Dungeon limits look bad on paper but in practice they will only affect the ultimate hardcore players.
    these lmits are jsut to force people to buy the cash shop, aion had limits for dungeons too, then they sell dungeon resets so you can run again, all games today who have a limit of dungeon runs sell resets on cash shop, so that is not a mech to prevent people to play till dead, its a mech to force people to spend money so they can progress faster, by limiting said progress by in game mechs and then ask for a money to bypass such imposition, its like SWTOR making you pay to unlock hot bars, its in the game but they close UI features so they can force players to pay

again anyone who fall for such have more money then good sense, and people like these are slaves, with is a sad thing from people who love to brag about how they are free and independent
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Dragnelus said:

Sure we won't....

these lmits are jsut to force people to buy the cash shop, aion had limits for dungeons too, then they sell dungeon resets so you can run again, all games today who have a limit of dungeon runs sell resets on cash shop, so that is not a mech to prevent people to play till dead, its a mech to force people to spend money so they can progress faster, by limiting said progress by in game mechs and then ask for a money to bypass such imposition, its like SWTOR making you pay to unlock hot bars, its in the game but they close UI features so they can force players to pay

again anyone who fall for such have more money then good sense, and people like these are slaves, with is a sad thing from people who love to brag about how they are free and independent
    I understand why they do it. My point is that it's not even an issue for most players because you don't usually reach the limits anyway.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Okay, I looked at them.  They said "pre-order".  That's enough to know that I'm not interested.

Dungeon limits aren't automatically a bad sign.  It all depends on what the limit is.  I've been playing Riders of Icarus lately, which has dungeon limits, but the limit is set so high that it looks like it's just a countermeasure to prevent abusive behavior such as if someone finds a way to farm effectively by killing one mob and then resetting the dungeon.
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    Dragnelus said:
    I just noticed that those are Euros.  Please tell me they fixed the prices for you and everyone else in the EU.  Otherwise, you're paying more then you would have if you were in the US.  Because for us it's 39.99 USD, 59.99 USD, and 99.99 USD.  That's 4.95 USD, 7.42 USD, and 12.37 more that you'd be paying then us for those packs.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Sure we won't....
    No one in the last 10 years has made an MMO worth paying for and subbing to, so developers have no choice but to play these games.
    WBadger said:
    Dragnelus said:
    I just noticed that those are Euros.  Please tell me they fixed the prices for you and everyone else in the EU.  Otherwise, you're paying more then you would have if you were in the US.  Because for us it's 39.99 USD, 59.99 USD, and 99.99 USD.  That's 4.95 USD, 7.42 USD, and 12.37 more that you'd be paying then us for those packs.
    US have to add tax after, EU prices include the tax.
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    WBadger said:
    Dragnelus said:
    US have to add tax after, EU prices include the tax.
    Got it.  No idea how EU prices work so I just assumed that they were doing the whole 1 for 1 on currency.
  • MeowdarlingMeowdarling Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    Only a 14 days refund policy from a south Korean publisher and developer  .no thx . 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    poop boxes
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    ANY GAME THAT HAVE 30 item time limit, i stay away. Back to WoW.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    ...someone is asking money for their product again? What a horror.
    delete5230