To elaborate more allowing people to "publicly" play before it's time.
I so no, worst thing a developer can do. I've seen several kick starters fail completely because of this. Most fail before release.
1) It's in peoples nature to slander.
2) It shows the mess with bugs and refinement. Most people are not open to future change.
3) It exposes core problems, and word spreads fast.
4) Uneven advantage of the game.
5) Uneven advancement on servers.
6) People simply don't come back.
7) Bad memories stick.
Good or bad game, it's besides the point !!!!
This post was inspired by Legends of Aria.....
The game is a hot steamy mess for EVERY reason above. It had a promise of release on Steam for January, then April, then end of Spring but has yet to be released. HOWEVER it can be openly purchased on their web site for months.
The public slander of the game is unbearable on Steam, yet it's not on Steam yet.... People will go out of the way to destroy a game, again it's in our nature.
Is the game good "no",
I had a positive attitude for months, along with a great Guild. I tricked myself into looking past all above.
The end result ?...... I will never play this game again, I have a bad taste, even with an entire overhaul THE BAD FEELING WILL NEVER GO AWAY. Good or bad is besides the point !
Never a soft release, of any game..... Just saying !