Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hilariously janky GTA knockoff/scam

TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,633
edited June 14 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Not since Total Biscuit's video on Guise of the Wolf have I laughed so hard at a game.

A taxi driver that sells corn? yeah you can do that.

Pretty much a scam game, watch the video to see why.

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,302
    Scam developers isn't a new thing. I've seen worse actually, lol.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,510
    The guy swears too much, makes it unwatchable basically. But at least the graphics look nice. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,101
    Looks like the developer just bought a bunch of premade assets and lumped them all together without much care. Asset flips are so common now it's crazy. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,429
    Rhoklaw said:
    Scam developers isn't a new thing. I've seen worse actually, lol.
    that is the sad part, I saw betas with less then what was showing in the vid
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BaalzharonBaalzharon Member UncommonPosts: 345
    I bought it, I'm glad to support indie devs. Any time I dev gets so much unneeded hate, I know there competitors are out to get them so I'm glad to spend the money to help.

From what I've seen, its pretty fun. Definitely early access, but I played star citizen which was an empty barebones game and this game has a ton more content than star citizen does even though SC has ton more development time. And star citizen was a ton more expensive than this game, which is hilarious. I can't have much else to compare with though, but the video is a bunch of lies. I can enter buildings, drive taxis and all that it shows on the feature page.

Maybe he downloaded an old version? Something wrong with his PC? a competitor? Dunno. Works fine for me. The only thing I've had issues with is a memory leak that causes the game to crash at exactly 30 minute play time unless I reload my save which then gives me another 30 min (don't even need to restart the game)