Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hilariously janky GTA knockoff/scam

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
edited June 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Not since Total Biscuit's video on Guise of the Wolf have I laughed so hard at a game.

A taxi driver that sells corn? yeah you can do that.

Pretty much a scam game, watch the video to see why.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    The guy swears too much, makes it unwatchable basically. But at least the graphics look nice. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Looks like the developer just bought a bunch of premade assets and lumped them all together without much care. Asset flips are so common now it's crazy. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Rhoklaw said:
    Scam developers isn't a new thing. I've seen worse actually, lol.
    that is the sad part, I saw betas with less then what was showing in the vid
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    I bought it, I'm glad to support indie devs. Any time I dev gets so much unneeded hate, I know there competitors are out to get them so I'm glad to spend the money to help.

From what I've seen, its pretty fun. Definitely early access, but I played star citizen which was an empty barebones game and this game has a ton more content than star citizen does even though SC has ton more development time. And star citizen was a ton more expensive than this game, which is hilarious. I can't have much else to compare with though, but the video is a bunch of lies. I can enter buildings, drive taxis and all that it shows on the feature page.

Maybe he downloaded an old version? Something wrong with his PC? a competitor? Dunno. Works fine for me. The only thing I've had issues with is a memory leak that causes the game to crash at exactly 30 minute play time unless I reload my save which then gives me another 30 min (don't even need to restart the game)
    It's not going to be anything, it is a asset flip ripoff money grab. I always wondered who those folks are that buy these things, then come back to the steam forums and complain 3 years later about how the developer went silent and or vanished, now I know.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Where the Elder Scrolls rip offs at? Had enough GTA clones. Clone something like Elder Scrolls. How about that? 
    AlBQuirky

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'll take some Elder Scrolls rip offs fo sho! Leave all the bugs out of it though.

Gut Out!
    AlBQuirky

What, me worry?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I bought it, I'm glad to support indie devs. 
    You're not supporting an Indie dev, you're supporting a scammer and encouraging future scams by not being able to tell the difference between a legit indie dev and a scammer.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Where the Elder Scrolls rip offs at? Had enough GTA clones. Clone something like Elder Scrolls. How about that? 
    Modern building is easier to do than fantasy , and human enemies is easier to manage than fantasy monster .

Also ZOMBIE ...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If you can't look at this game and tell it's shyte, you have rotten taste in video games.

It's your right and you should do what makes you happy regardless but some things aren't subjective when it comes to quality. Yikes.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯