Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV is growing it has 1mil active (non trail) subscribers atm

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited June 2019 in Final Fantasy XIV

http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archives/53486418.html

How much will that be at launch, I'm glad to see ffxiv doing well and I cant wait for shadowbringers "become what you must"

Post edited by Dragnelus on
Gdemami

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited June 2019
    It has that because people enjoy playing the game and Square Enix continues to support it well. Don't forget it is still a subscription based game.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    That looks like it's about characters, not subscribers. I think we can say FF XIV has likely more than half million subscribers based on that data, but it's nowhere near million.

Vrika said:
    That looks like it's about characters, not subscribers. I think we can say FF XIV has likely more than half million subscribers based on that data, but it's nowhere near million.
    You can read Korean ?

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    kitarad said:
    Vrika said:
    You can read Korean ?
    No, but I can use google translate.

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    i don't know if it is real.  But if it is character and not account... all i can say is developers keep pushing out misleading numbers to make them look good.

That being said, I understand why developer do it.  They use the numbers for advertisement.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    AAAMEOW said:
    i don't know if it is real.  But if it is character and not account... all i can say is developers keep pushing out misleading numbers to make them look good.

That being said, I understand why developer do it.  They use the numbers for advertisement.
    Is this Square Enix?
    I don't read Korean but I do see the "researched" by LuckyBancho - surely SE would "know". Are LuckyBancho a "research company" with lots of top secret computer models to estimate worldwide populations based on their sample of a few players! (Thinking of how some other companies say they come up with numbers).

Also pretty sure that FFXIV still has variable subscription plans as well e.g. for 3 days.

Anyway various headlines give this as characters or players but at the end of the day FFXIV is a solid game so I am sure such headlines it can't do any harm.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    I have no idea.  I just read the title.  

I remember reading about final fantasy subscriber number years ago, and it is no where near one million.  And that number include both final fantasy 11 and final fantasy 14.

And usually subscriber number do down instead of up over time.  So I'd be surprise if FF14 actually have 1 million subscriber.

If that is true, I'm sure there square enix would publish it.  Usually companies hide their numbers unless it is good.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited June 2019
    well that leaves out the china market for ffxiv since it is segregated from the others. But between 500k-1.2mill active players sounds about right for the other 3 regions. The active player base fluctuates wildly depending on the part of the expansion the game is in, it is common for ppl to unsub for 2-6 months at a time while they wait for more content. More or less the same issue WoW has with content currently. The joys of a casual themepark mmo.

SE tends to like to report total sales numbers like it was an offline game. The 16million they were talking about at E3 is not active players not even close... they would of had to add tons of new servers if that was the case. To my knowledge they have not added any in EU/NA/JP servers since the PS4launch of the game.

All I know is overall playerbase seems stable in terms of number. Servers are as populated as they were several years ago, que times are stable usually around 5-10mins for dps, ~30sec-1min for healers/tanks, what they been since ARR. A ton of new player icons everywhere in starter cities. On hyperion talking about starter cities full of ppl with it, assuming it is the same everywhere.

From what I am seeing I am expecting Shadowbringers to have the highest active population of all time in FFXIV, once the old players return + all the new players who started recently.

Hope SE fixed the mainstory que problem with heavy server load they had in SB..... do not want to get into early release and have to attempt to do a mainstory quest to unlock the new zones for 2 days strait due to "Unable to Load CS errors"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    It says it's for characters, not subscribers:

・ The active character is 1,100,000,
    and the judgment standard of the active character that becomes the base of 850,000 total target of the 蓮 character is as follows.
    • Level 36 or higher in Lodestone Character Search or Extra Limited Job Characters
    • The level and experience point have changed since the last survey (2/10)
    • Since the last survey (2/10), the number of minions and mounts has changed
    • New character that was not in the previous survey
    • Possession of one or more mounts
    • Use jumping potion (job name in the job crystal or the main weapon is boost distribution item equivalent IL280) in the job at the time of data acquisition and exclude characters with combat job maximum level 60
    • Exclude characters without level 50 and above GC

Kyleran
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2019
    kitarad said:
    Vrika said:
    You can read Korean ?
    It's not Korean. It's Japanese. 

There is some variance in the numbers with LuckyB and always has been but for the most part the numbers have always been fairly accurate. The methodology is sound enough and as close as you are going to get for actual character numbers for an international mmorpg with multiple data centers around the world.  
    OMG I am so ashamed as a huge Final Fantasy fan I knew full well it is Japanese and I said Korean... I know unforgivable. /slinks away in shame.

I do recall that you only get one character slot for the base sub and you have to pay for each alt. So saying characters in a game where you pay for every extra character might be vastly different from say a game that gives you a lot of slots for one subscription price. Plus bear in mind one character can play every job. You don't need more than one unlike other games where you have to create alts to play different classes.

All in all characters in this case could be more closely to the actually number of subs than say other games because of the way the job system works.
    Viper482

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    new expansion in 2 weeks helps :lol:
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Vrika said:

Like someone else said....you can play all classes on one character and there is a sub just for that. So....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited June 2019
    Viper482 said:
    Vrika said:

Like someone else said....you can play all classes on one character and there is a sub just for that. So....
    Can you play all races on one character?

They just released two new races, one of which is the super popular and FF-lore-established Vierra too.  Without a race change option (is there a race change option?), that would pump up the amount of characters and character slot purchases instead of outright new subscriptions significantly wouldn't it? (albeit probably not by more than say, 10-30%)
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Glad I saved that $15 a month....I was so unimpressed with that game.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Tiamat64 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Vrika said:

Can you play all races on one character?

They just released two new races, one of which is the super popular and FF-lore-established Vierra too.  Without a race change option (is there a race change option?), that would pump up the amount of characters and character slot purchases instead of outright new subscriptions significantly wouldn't it? (albeit probably not by more than say, 10-30%)
    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/7cfe0c414b6/

The cash shop item above provides a full character reset. They have provided one of those on each expansion that I've purchased. If however you want to buy one extra, it costs 7€.

Considering the massive amount of time it is required to go through the main story and all the unlocks, and since you can temp transfer your character to any server in your datacenter, the majority don't make alts.
    Kyleran
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Glad I saved that $15 a month....I was so unimpressed with that game.

Same, but after leaving it for a while I went back and played a bit more, now I enjoy it. It can be  grindy, but it's standard MMO fare with no gimmicks, interesting story and is better than any f2p.
    JoeDirte
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter