Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cryptocurrency

HatterGuyHatterGuy Member UncommonPosts: 12
May I ask what is your opinion on cryptocurrency on games, in general?
I saw some games where you invest cryptocurrencies in like World of Ether and Bitpet. I never thought those type of games would exist, I think it's smart from the game developers to take advantage of the cryptocurrency hype.
Do gamers who invest in Cryptocurrencies really take those kind of games into consideration?

Comments

• riveroftimeriveroftime Member CommonPosts: 14
    I think i'm okay with it. Most games have their own in-game currency anyway, so not a huge issue.
  • gameralacritygameralacrity Member CommonPosts: 7
    seems like a natural evolution of where things may be headed
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I don't think current cryptocurrencies have a future. If a 1st world nation's central bank adopts a cryptocurrency, then it's pretty much done. They also don't have a means of inflation once they reach a certain stage. Inflation is necessary for a currency to match a growing economy and keep prices stable. Otherwise you have the currency jumping up to $10k USD.
    To me they serve 2 purposes, unregulated transfer of wealth and pyramid schemes.
  • GameStarsJobGameStarsJob Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hmm, I present the way for gamers to earn in the world of cryptocurrencies - the Game Stars project.  

Who are we? Game Stars is a complex blockchain-based platform with an infrastructure for interaction between cyber sportsmen, managers, and sponsors. We are helping gamers to raise funding for training and participation in various tournaments.

How will we achieve this? Game Stars allows young gamers and teams to launch internal ICO (team tokens sale) on our platform and find an investor for career development in eSports. A smart contract is concluded between an investor and a player where all terms of participation in a tournament are registered. Revenues are distributed automatically and transparent for the player and the investor. What do we want? We want to give an opportunity for professional gamers in particular and all eSports industry in general to develop. Our goal is to create transparent and simple relationships between gamers, managers, teams, and sponsors. To do so, we create an infrastructure for cooperation, attracting funding, and organizing tournaments.

Who are we looking for?
    1 Gamers who want to make money for living on eSports and ready to work hard. We need Gamers that are ready to start making money on eSports. Particularly, in the following games: Dota 2, League of legends, CS:GO, HoTS, Hearthstone, StarCraft
    Requirements for gamers:
    - Not less than 4000 hours in a particular game
    - English language skills
    - Desire and ability to train hard
    - Willing to relocate (In case of good results within six months, there is a possibility of moving to the team camp)
    An advantage will be:
    - Level of English: upper-intermediate and higher
    - The experience in participation and winning in local tournaments
    - High emotional intelligence.
    An image of a perfect candidate - up to 23 years old, experienced, gaming experience - more than 4,000 hours. Experience in participation in local amateur and professional tournaments. An application from an already formed team of players will be a plus.

2 eSports team managers - eSports managers, sport team managers who are ready try their strength in eSports. A number of new eSports teams will be formed for training and participation in professional tournaments in the near future.

The teams will be funded through internal ICO based on Game Stars blockchain platform. New teams give a chance for beginner players with an experience of participation in tournaments and young cyber sportsmen to show themselves. You can apply for the position both as a team and individually.

Conditions:
    - part-time/full-time job
    - remote work/the team camp
    - salary from 3000$.

Applying for the position:
    In order to get to the interview you need to:
    1) Sign up for the website https://gamers.gamestars.io/ 
    2) Ask your questions in social network or messengers: https://t.me/GameStarsChathttps://www.facebook.com/GameStarsToken/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3403636.msg35624221https://twitter.com/GameStarsCoin. There you can find out more details, meet investors and project fans, ask your questions and get answers.

Visit https://gamestars.io/. Find out more about Game Stars major future plans and goals.

Good luck and have a great game!

About the company: Game Stars is a complex blockchain-based platform with an infrastructure for interaction between cyber sportsmen, managers, and sponsors. We are helping gamers to raise funding for training and participation in various tournaments. Gamestars Technologies Inc., Certificate No.: 203920, 25.04.2018. Address: Global Gateway 8, Rue de la Perle Providence, Mahe, Republic of Seychelles.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    They're pretty dumb.   Bitcoin wastes more energy than many countries legitimately use for purposeful industry.  They're pretty slow and ineffective as well, with network limits of single digit transaction counts per second (purposeful transaction exchanges like credit card processing are at 10s of thousands of transfers a second).

The block chain portion of being a public ledger, that is very difficult to corrupt, that isn't controlled by a single entity, and has MANY backups around the world...  Is actually seeing some pretty useful experiments done with it, like financial contracts and transfers between banks (using real currency).  I wouldn't be surprised to see block chain used for things like controlled substances, prescription drugs, personal arms (in non-USA countries), and maybe even easily contaminated food like veggies (distant-ish).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

The main reason why countries ban cryptocurrency is because it subverts their own central currencies. For a modern society, a cryptocurrency prevents a lot of undesirable things related to money. It's difficult to inflate without authorization. It has an accurate log of all the trades. Transactions are near instantaneous.
  • Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Crypto & games are the future and we will see it really soon
    anemo
  • Nelson-zbitNelson-zbit Newbie CommonPosts: 26
    Gonna use game currency or real currency to pay my bill on games.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Crypto & games are the future and we will see it really soon
    No reason for it to be.  The actual and dominate publishers/similar have no reason to relinquish their control over player data, time, or similar.  

Likewise one of the reasons there is a drive away from 3rd party stores is to keep as much data out of the hands of competitors.  All those Steam achievements, play times, and similar is giving away the "new oil" that data is to Valve/Steam.   While in a lot of cases not the biggest factor, it is one.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• evelynharperevelynharper Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Well, most of them burn bright and fade out quickly. I’ve taken advantage of this knowledge for quite some time by focusing on the new ones gaining money and then trading before their profits plummet. But, every now and then, you will find a coin that is trying something different from what BitCoin has to offer by adding new features or business strategies:

MasterCoin focuses on the security of its users by using the power of blockchains for further encryption. DarkCoin and MAIDsafe are focused primarily on the decentralization of transactions. GameCredits wants to provide currency within gaming that can turn into actual money once cashed out(!!!). Ripple has recently been government approved by New York for a BitLicense to lower capital loss during inter-currency payments. NewEconomyMovement (which is currently blowing up at the time of writing this) has excellent off-line wallet features with cryptocurrency.

• agamennagamenn Member UncommonPosts: 67
    doge coin, much wow
  • ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    edited July 2019
    People need to first understand what a crypto is. Crypto is a decentralized currency - this is different from in-game currencies, or the fake crypto made by FB which is NOT crypto at all.

Cryptos cannot be manipulated or controlled or by another person as they are decentralized and cross checked on the blockchain. Under your full control.

Game currencies, or fake cryptos like what Zuckerturd is trying to market are centralized, controlled, and manipulated by an authoritarian source. For example, if you invest in some Big Tech currency, Zuckerturd can ban you, block your wallet, or prevent you from accessing your FB currency by other means, simply for posting wrong-think that he deems unaceptable, or breaking some obscure 2000 page TOS rule. He owns you and has authoritarian power to do as he wants with your FB coin. The same way an mmo can ban and censor you for using a nono word, causing you to lose all of your ingame gold.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • e-bettore-bettor Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Here you can find the List of the best Cryptocurrency Bookmakers: http://sportstatist.com/bookmakers-that-accept-cryptocurrency-eng/
  • GreatestPaladinGreatestPaladin Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    There's many opinions one can generally have on cryptocurrency. But I'd say one of the safest opinions with respect to blockchain technology and others deals directly with games. Games are exploding and are ripe for disruption. The fee structures are moving in downward progression with lower house edges while also increasing transparency and digital asset ownership for gamers.
    The greatest games of them all on MintDice. Find a thrilling Bitcoin Crash Game other Bitcoin games.

• DemitiMooreDemitiMoore Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    cryptocurrency and bitcoin is going to revolutionize the gaming industry. No need to get approved by state actors or countries trying to keep us from playing. No more banks to deal with now. 
  • AbugadAbugad Newbie CommonPosts: 6
     Our goal is to create transparent and simple relationships between gamers, managers, teams, and sponsors.
  • PheoaryyyyPheoaryyyy Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2020
  • marklee9161marklee9161 Newbie CommonPosts: 1

How can I update Garmin GPS in my car?

A GPS unit in car is extremely useful, when users drive on an unidentified track. There is no necessity to ask for the correct address or interpreting the signs in a map. Users can choose the right destination in the device and show them the right direction. I am a Garmin user and my Garmin device is showing wrong direction. My Garmin GPS device doesn’t show the right readings. So, Garmin GPS update is very necessary. It is very important for me to update maps of all roads, routes and location to work properly. Can anyone recommend the ideas for Garmin GPS update?

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Cryptocurrency is a work of genius. A legal way to take away money form fools. Or to serve criminal organizations, because you know - how else to pay for explosives, used to attack civilian building? Or shipment of slaves? Boat with drugs?
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Cryptocurrency is a work of genius. A legal way to take away money form fools. Or to serve criminal organizations, because you know - how else to pay for explosives, used to attack civilian building? Or shipment of slaves? Boat with drugs?
    Can't even tell if you're serious right now......

The banking industry is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.  They control everything.  Criminals don't need to use crypto to do illegal things when they can just keep doing what they do now and use the world banking system.
    It's odd why criminals would prefer crypto-currency. Every transaction is traceable. That's one of the big takeaways from crypto, the ledger.
  • GabrielLukeGabrielLuke Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The main part of their product is the cryptocurrency exchanges that are currently considering currency ramps. These changes have resulted in dependence on banks and payment systems, which require the same level of compliance as that to which they adhere.

For almost all organisations involved in payments, the KYC/AML rules are designed to prevent criminal activities such as fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, the use of stolen funds, corruption, bribery and d '' other suspicious financial transactions. Today, most KYC rules relate to strict regulatory compliance, often in the name of protecting consumer rights. But ultimately, it is a risk management process.
  • elaina1elaina1 Newbie CommonPosts: 2

If you want to find more on the subject of bitcoin - go to this site. Here young progressive students leave their work. It helped me a lot https://essayfactory.uk/
  • Nathanie1lNathanie1l Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    It uses cryptography to secure and verify transactions as well as to control the creation of new units of a particular cryptocurrency LiteBlue.
  • bullsvsbearsbullsvsbears Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Visit our website - https://bullsvsbears.io/

This is the best trading platform! New Dapp on the TRON Blockchain! Start Dividend Mining Now! + daily free cryptocurrency!