Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a mmorpg with farming and housing

burne109burne109 Member CommonPosts: 2
Not archeage.

ther mmorpg's with housing and farming?

Anyone reccomend another mmorpg with farming and housing?

prefer something that is...
1. Non instanced housing / farming
2. not forced or open free range pvp
3. first/third person viewpoints, like archeage, not ultima online overhead type.
4. somewhat modern graphics, unlike shrouds of avatar..
5. large worlds / non instanced prefered
6. adult, non childrens game.

Been looking for awhile, dont mind early access if it meets my requests.

Ashes looks interesting but meh since they seem to be concentrating on apoc.

Comments

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Nothing.  Maybe Ashes of Creation if it is released or play Star Wars Galaxy emulator.
    [Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Entropia has it all other than farming. It just comes with its own issues.

Instead of farming, you can color and transport stuff. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Black Desert has everything you want except the PvP thing.. but open world PvP isn't rampant in BDO. People are properly punished if they just start fights whenever they want so it's not a common occurrence, at all. The only time it's a thing is if you try to take someone's grinding spot.

I suggest you look into it because it's probably your only real chance. The housing, farming and other lifeskill things are excellent in BDO, maybe even the best in MMOs period as whole package, so someone that prefers those kind of features will have a great time. You can farm literally anywhere and can have multiple houses at the same time that are easily obtained.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Hmm, Ark's not really an MMORPG and has a small world.  Wurm and Xsyon don't have better graphics than shroud of the avatar.
    KyleranBaalzharon
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Few games provide something close to what you want. ArchAge, BDO, and SotA are ones that I can think of that come close. Anything else you find will likely be just as or more dated than what you are already turning your nose up at.

You will have to compromise in some way to play something now, or wait in the hope that something will come along that checks all your boxes in the future.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You will have to compromise in some way to play something now, or wait in the hope that something will come along that checks all your boxes in the future.
    I've come to understand there never was, isn't now, nor in the future will ever be a game which checks all of my boxes.

Rather I have to determine if a game doesn't include too many of my dislikes, particularly any total non starters.

Even then I have to be careful, I never would have imagined liking POE as up to this point ARPGs were pretty 'meh', at least to me.

I dislike FFA PVP, yet CCP found a way in EVE to make it palatable by giving me enough control over my level of risk to make it my all time favorite MMORPG. (Just don't ask me to share my killboard stats, pretty embarrassing)

So if a game gives you much of what you like, better to dive in and give it a go, it might surprise you in the end.

One trap to avoid which I've seen so many fall into, including myself, looking for a game exactly like your all time favorite, frequently one of your earliest games.

No one is ever making an updated version of SWG, UO, AC1, DAOC, FFXI, EQ1 or whatever title you feel was the best thing ever, not even the people who made them originally.  (Looking at Pantheon followers in particular.)
    CryomatrixNanfoodleSovrathHengist

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Literally nothing meets all of those requirements.  Sounds like you need to get coding.
    SovrathKyleran
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Wurm Online provides everything you want except the graphics, imo a true sandbox MMO.

ArcheAge is not a sandbox MMO contrary to what people think. 

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Wurm Online provides everything you want except the graphics, imo a true sandbox MMO.

Pure sandbox?  But a hybrid?  Yes.
    Kyleran
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    For those who suggested BDO: they set non-instanced housing! BDO is instanced!

I'd suggest ARK or any other survival type game where you can play PVE. Conan Exiles has PVE too. Both games you can build a home and farm by taming creatures and growing plants. However if you -really- want to get into farming and crafting a home A Tale in the Desert is definitely a good game to get into but it has no combat at all.

imageimage

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited June 2019
    TaishiFox said:

I'd suggest ARK or any other survival type game where you can play PVE. Conan Exiles has PVE too. Both games you can build a home and farm by taming creatures and growing plants. However if you -really- want to get into farming and crafting a home A Tale in the Desert is definitely a good game to get into but it has no combat at all.
    For those who suggest survival games, the OP asked for a MMORPG, which to date excludes all of the titles you listed. (100-200 per server does not a MMO make)

:D

Which was my point earlier, OP is going to have to forego some of his restrictions in order to play what's available, just depends which features he values over other.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Kyleran said:
    TaishiFox said:

For those who suggest survival games, the OP asked for a MMORPG, which to date excludes all of the titles you listed. (100-200 per server does not a MMO make)

:D

Which was my point earlier, OP is going to have to forego some of his restrictions in order to play what's available, just depends which features he values over other.

imo sandbox is a better suggestion than ignoring the fact that they didn't want instanced.

imageimage

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited June 2019
    Kyleran said:

I've come to understand there never was, isn't now, nor in the future will ever be a game which checks all of my boxes.
    And even if there were one, there is no guarantee it will be spared the ravages of time. For me, classic EQ is pretty darn close to checking all the boxes. But not as it is today.
    Post edited by Amathe on
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Kyleran said:

No one is ever making an updated version of SWG, UO, AC1, DAOC, FFXI, EQ1 or whatever title you feel was the best thing ever, not even the people who made them originally.  (Looking at Pantheon followers in particular.)
    Legends of Aria may come close to an updated UO, as it seems heavily inspired by that game. I haven't seen or heard of anything close to the others. For the most part it is a false grail to be chasing, as you say.
    Amathe said:
    Kyleran said:

And even if there were one, there is no guarantee it will be spared the ravages of time. For me, classic EQ is pretty darn close to checking all the boxes. But not as it is today.
    How close does it come as it is today compared to anything else? Nothing stays the same forever. Change is another situation where one may have to compromise a bit when other current offerings also don't provide what you seek.
  • MoariNKMoariNK Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited June 2019
    burne109 said:
    Not archeage.

ther mmorpg's with housing and farming?

Anyone reccomend another mmorpg with farming and housing?

prefer something that is...
    1. Non instanced housing / farming
    2. not forced or open free range pvp
    3. first/third person viewpoints, like archeage, not ultima online overhead type.
    4. somewhat modern graphics, unlike shrouds of avatar..
    5. large worlds / non instanced prefered
    6. adult, non childrens game.

Been looking for awhile, dont mind early access if it meets my requests.

Ashes looks interesting but meh since they seem to be concentrating on apoc.
    Since you're looking for a first or third-person camera view when playing, Star Citizen or Peria Chronicles -- maybe? Now if you said MMO it would open you up to a little more like ARK, Life is Feudal, Dark and Light, Rust, and other large multiplayer support games. However, since you are wanting a world that is always on and has thousands of players as opposed to < 100 then there isn't any I can think of; however, perhaps you can look at games that has fansub translations where you can patch the game while playing it in another country? You know, like how people play Asian games but utilizes third-party fan patches in order to play it in partial English.

You really took a way a lot of mmorpg games that are isometric camera view such as those that are survival or similar to Albion Online.

For now, I think your best bet is co-op or multiplayer support based games as opposed to an mmorpg... Especially since you want pure pve that is not designed around children in mind, and is not isometric view.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Pure sandbox?  But a hybrid?  Yes.
    Hybrid, bybrid, whatever way you want to call it, ArcheAge is not in the same ball park compared to a true sandbox MMO like Wurm Online. 

Np though, least we agree on that. 

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Robokapp said:
    Conan Exiles? PvE server..
    not mmorpg

Conan Exiles official PvE server doesn't erases data anymore, so it almost technically is MMO
    Kyleran
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    TaishiFox said:

It's phased in BDO, not instanced... and they only said it was preferred anyway.
    [Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    If they hadn't greed-fucked Archeage, it really could have been something special.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • jpowell26mjpowell26m Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Istaria hits most of your marks
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Istaria, best as a dragon.  Laircrafting is the best housing thing I have seen in a game.  It might be a good match for you.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Ark is fun .......but it does not work on everyone's pc.  Nor does it work for expensive hardware (ie RTX).  And old GTX graphic card with setting on low and still you lag and kicked multiplayer and destroyed saves single player.  Kinda have to really love this game to stay invested; assuming you can get it to run at all.

That said, here I am in front of my log cabin I built (which will probably get eatn by a trex soon but hey I tried):

Sunset:

Night:

• burne109burne109 Member CommonPosts: 2
    I want to thank everyone for the suggestions, I've been looking around still. Will probably hold out awhile i guess.

I own Conan exiles, ark, alot of steam survival games, but i like community usually.. BDO was ok, but i disliked the huge grind to level, and if you didnt level you'd be outclassed soon, plus the housing was 'meh', and farming imo was very limited to tiny plots. Guess im spoiled by archeages ability to have multiple spots of land. 

I've looked up 'samutale' but its pretty innactive, imo. I used to play Ultima Online hardcore long ago.. But my family that plays mmos with me wants first/third person.. So yea.. here i sit lol.
    [Deleted User]
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited June 2019
    hmm age of wushu comes to mind it has non instance farming, they have no instance housing but when I played housing didn't exist. it's open pvp, but if you are in cities you are safe. I haven't seen much farming in newer mmo mostly just watching a count down bar for raw material.