Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, E3 is over. What games are you most anticipating?

13»

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,680
    Aeander said:
    Wizardry said:
    Octopath traveler,sadly it's a console/Switch port,so the graphics are still low end and the game play is linear.I also did not see too much interesting in way of combat.

It's a throwback to classic jRPGs with a decent budget behind it, Wiz. The graphics and gameplay being old school is 100% intentional. That's the whole reason it exists and is the reason it's so popular.
    I like Octopath (currently at over 60 hours played), but I wish the battle artwork was more consistent. They put so much effort into gorgeously creating every single monster and villain in the game (even the lowliest grunt) while the player characters all fight with their tiny field sprites. It may be retro, but it is also immersion breaking. I would have preferred to see field sprites for exploring, and full battle artwork for battles. As is, Octopath is the incredible tale of how the only 8 midgets in Orsterra happened to save the world.
    I don't mind it. What you're talking about is the same style as FFVI.. and that's one of my favourite games ever so I'm pretty used to it. I even welcome it.
    Agree to disagree. It's a small issue I have with an otherwise solid game. 

Cyrus is my spirit animal.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,045
    I might try the Final Fantasy remake. I've been playing Dragon Quest XI and though a game like that isn't normally "my thing" I'm actually enjoying it. I think trying another JRPG should be in my future.
    blueturtle13

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,413
    Mikeha said:
    Halo Infinite is what I am most excited for. Also Xbox Game Pass on PC. :)

I missed out on the whole "Halo thing", back in the day...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

(And now Burger King has MEATLESS burgers!)

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,680
    Sovrath said:
    I might try the Final Fantasy remake. I've been playing Dragon Quest XI and though a game like that isn't normally "my thing" I'm actually enjoying it. I think trying another JRPG should be in my future.
    I would recommend it. I'm currently on a JRPG fix myself. Everything shit about the game industry right now seems to have mostly skipped over JRPGs.
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited June 13
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint and R6 Quarantine sure interest me.
    Bloodlines 2
    FF VII remake
    I'm also curious about Watch Dog (though I have never played the previous 2)
    Oh.. and Destiny 2's new angle now that Bungee is "free" ! ;)

Oh.. and Vermintide Vs Mode, which I had lost all hope for...
    (it certainly looks like the best contender to bring back that L4D feel)

Note : Subscription services like XBox and Ubi's could also be interesting to help go through a bunch of single player AAA for a smaller fee than usual.
  • temphunter27temphunter27 Newbie CommonPosts: 13
    Still Pokemon Sword and Shield though. 
    Thinking of installing kc lights to replace my current one.