Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: Eden Rising Review - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNot So MMO: Eden Rising Review - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

It’s not our fault that there is a peculiar alien AI waiting to coerce you into servitude and set you against the nearly insurmountable obstacle of an entire alien planet’s natural denizens. Don’t despair! Your friends can come, too! And, of course, the views are lovely this time of year. Don’t let the “anti-establishment” rhetoric worry you, this game has a lot to offer. This is our review of Nvizzio Creations and Meridian4’s open world, multiplayer, tower defense hybrid, Eden Rising.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheAsianVillainTheAsianVillain Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Early on, the game isn't very action based. Once you are routed into cave and pathway settings, movement becomes restricted, and at this point it becomes very heavily reliant on skills. Mobs have their own set of moves to learn and counter. Weapons at first aren't very great, but once you upgrade to your playing techniques, the game gets pretty fun. If you have friends, be sure to set up a primary person to host, otherwise your mats won't be useful.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Good to see "Not so MMO" is back. :)
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited June 2019
    I should give it a try again. I had a fair bit of fun with it early on.

I think their is a lot of missed potential there. For such a unique setting the upgrade process was very generic. From the start it looked interesting, you integrate this alien technology into your body.

If they had kept going along that route and actually let you keep mutating based on what you absorbed and also gave you some relevant abilities it would have been much more interesting. Absorb metals to tank, get some power moves. Absorb corruption to control and create devices. Absorb creature bio-matter to take on some of their abilities.

What you got was crafting Armour and weapons. Cool looking armour and weapons, but gameplay concept wise nothing new. The fact you had to choose between environment protection and defense was annoying.
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I like that you put "Can play solo or multiplayer" as a plus.
  • No.442No.442 Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Cool concept, poor execution?