Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check Out What's On Tap for Black Desert Online for the Balance of 2019 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCheck Out What's On Tap for Black Desert Online for the Balance of 2019 - MMORPG.com

The development roadmap for the second half of 2019 has been published on the Black Desert Online site. In it, readers are provided with basic information about what the dev team will be working on for the balance of the year. Some of the areas in development include improvements to a variety of buffs, NPC interactions, and class balance. New content will include the Odylita region and more work on PvP Territory War & Raid Party.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    That's cool but what the game really needs is fixing pvp and class balance
    OzmodanPhryWhiskeydust
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Remali said:
    Depends who you ask, but apparently Witches/Wizards and Archers seem to be doing really well in PVP at the moment, class balance is just a vague concept at best, which ones do you think need balancing? I think one of the mistakes people make when it comes to the concept of class balance is that classes should be stronger or weaker to other specific classes, shocking i know. :p
    wingoodGdemami
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    edited June 2019
    Rangers and Wizards doing well??? Ranged always have an advantage, imo.
    Whiskeydust
  • AlvonuAlvonu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited June 2019
    It is very difficult to have any sense of class balance in a PVP oriented MMO. It would be pretty nice if they could have a few servers PVE only but it was designed to be the way it is.

I enjoy BDO but the enchantment system is a huge turn off. But that's my look at it - I'm sure others like it. I'll give the support class a try it looks interesting enough but it's kinda creepy that it's a Loli.
    Theocritus
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited June 2019
    This game feels so cluttered and confusing. I cant even play the game. I have never seen a game with so much stuff going on on the screen and the options. Not in a good way but in a interfering and cluttered way. I keep installing the game thinking that ill just get past it and maybe like the game. And i jsut cant. I just uninstall the game right away out of sheer frustration and annoyance. Its a complete mess but the graphics are nice
    Gdemami
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    edited June 2019
    Remali said:
    This is probably one of the most common statements i hear people blurt out.. and its one that annoys me most.
    The biggest problems for MMO games is that above.
    Class DO NOT need balancing, there is always prey and hunter... its what its about... if you cant counter what your weakest at, then you should even learn the class better to counter or you shouldn't' be playing said class in pvp or just suck it up buttercup and get over what your weak at.
    Thats not a dig at you, but all other whingers who moan that Class X is weakest, then it gets devs changeling stuff and that more than not breaks other things and it becomes a vicious circle until you end up with a shitfest like WoW has become/

I must add that for time imortal i have played classes that i see "need balancing" from Shammies / Resto Shammies in Wow right upto Caldari and Minmatar ships in eve, and guess what they all needed balancing and ended up going all 'Pete Tong' so please (as much as i know it wont happen) can people stop saying shit like "Class Balance" .....

Gdemami

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Well fixing pvp and class balance are not the same thing in bdo as the game offers both pve and pvp of various types 1v1 1vx small scale gvg etc
    here is what I believe would give a better pvp experience
    Reduce pvp damage of all classes by a good margin so no more one shots occur
    Reduce the cc of some classes
    Add a cc breaker to all classes at a reasonable cd
    Remove resistances to cc so that it is no more rng and can be strategically used
    Maybe remove evasion it just doesn't look right at a action game
    After those have happened then they can look back at classes and fine tune them
    Anyway those are my thoughts feel free to add yours
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Wedlen said:
    This game feels so cluttered and confusing. I cant even play the game. I have never seen a game with so much stuff going on on the screen and the options. Not in a good way but in a interfering and cluttered way. I keep installing the game thinking that ill just get past it and maybe like the game. And i jsut cant. I just uninstall the game right away out of sheer frustration and annoyance. Its a complete mess but the graphics are nice
    I thought that was just me. I restarted it the other day and was just bombarded with a UI. There was so much happening on my screen with little buttons, circles, icons and whatnot that I simply could not focus on the actual world. I uninstalled.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    GdemamiAlvonu
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited June 2019
    lahnmir said:
    Wedlen said:
    I thought that was just me. I restarted it the other day and was just bombarded with a UI. There was so much happening on my screen with little buttons, circles, icons and whatnot that I simply could not focus on the actual world. I uninstalled.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I think you can turn off some of that stuff. Just sayin.

Walking up to an npc and having that line leading to him/her with a ring? Can get turned off.

There's some info in the lower left that I know can be turned off. I "think" you can now turn off the selling banner at the top as well.

lahnmir
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Leshie-LeshieLeshie-Leshie Newbie CommonPosts: 5

Alvonu said:

I'll give the support class a try it looks interesting enough but it's kinda creepy that it's a Loli.

I really like cute characters and I may like Loli however, imposing a Loli in a game that's supposed to have realistic characters really really turns me off.
    Alvonu
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Alvonu said:
    It is very difficult to have any sense of class balance in a PVP oriented MMO. It would be pretty nice if they could have a few servers PVE only but it was designed to be the way it is.

I enjoy BDO but the enchantment system is a huge turn off. But that's my look at it - I'm sure others like it. I'll give the support class a try it looks interesting enough but it's kinda creepy that it's a Loli.
    I don't really understand why they have so many servers but none are PVE only?....After I got done with the new player servers I went to a regular server and it just wasn't any fun anymore....The players were arrogant and threatening to kill anyone over 50 and to me that ruins the game.
    GdemamiAlvonu
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Remali said:
    Well fixing pvp and class balance are not the same thing in bdo as the game offers both pve and pvp of various types 1v1 1vx small scale gvg etc
    here is what I believe would give a better pvp experience
    Reduce pvp damage of all classes by a good margin so no more one shots occur
    Reduce the cc of some classes
    Add a cc breaker to all classes at a reasonable cd
    Remove resistances to cc so that it is no more rng and can be strategically used
    Maybe remove evasion it just doesn't look right at a action game
    After those have happened then they can look back at classes and fine tune them
    Anyway those are my thoughts feel free to add yours
    Its not that straightforward, the same class can vary a great deal based on level and SP's which greatly affect combat, as does item type and level, if not moreso, resistances to CC are already in the game, its in the item modification through crystals, also accessories that focus on specific resistances, i think its capped at about 85% max resistance to a specific type of CC (Grab, Knockdown etc.) evasion, the armour you wear can be focused on giving bonuses to accuracy or evasion etc. its part of the build you put together to fit your particular play style.
    To give an example, you can have 2 witches of the same level, but one of them will always win 1 v 1 simply due to gear loadout. The combat might not be that complicated of itself, but the effects of gear type, upgrade level, crystal mods, is significant, as is the amount of SP's invested in different skills that can differ quite a bit as players of the same level can have wildly different amounts of SP, these are things that cannot and should not be 'balanced' :/
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Coming back to the game after a 1yr hiatus. Graphics remastered, city music reworked, stories rewritten. Felt like I'm playing a sequel. Really enjoying my 2nd playthrough right now.
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Nice they are adding new content after content.
    Only reason why i dont play it, and heck all of my friends, is because of the damn enchating/loot system. I get it should be hard and im okay with that. But all this with fail stacks and so on, its just bad and not fun at all.
    Alvonuspawn12345
    You don't need to enchant at all if you don't like it.The auction has everything you need
    Just gather enough silver and buy whatever you like
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    PvP is a broken unbalanced mess and PvE is about as deep as an inch of bath water.  There's nothing here except life skills that's worth a damn.  

Which is a shame because the combat is wasted on the type of content they provide.  Could be amazing in actual PvE encounters other than zergfest world bosses or braindead AI where you spam AoEs and just collect loot.