Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Sequel Reveal Trailer - E3 2019

2»

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,540

Arterius said:

DMKano said:

My favorite is this streamer that learned about the basic tutorial skills after 95 hours of play.... 

I will swear till the day I day that this video is fake every time. Just playing the game for so long she should have accidentally side hopped and flurry rush pops up if you dodge at the right moment regardless every time.

She probably didn't notice.

The reason why I think it's real - her reactions were real - because I doubt that her acting ability is that good.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,017
    DMKano said:

Arterius said:

DMKano said:

My favorite is this streamer that learned about the basic tutorial skills after 95 hours of play.... 

I will swear till the day I day that this video is fake every time. Just playing the game for so long she should have accidentally side hopped and flurry rush pops up if you dodge at the right moment regardless every time.

She probably didn't notice.

The reason why I think it's real - her reactions were real - because I doubt that her acting ability is that good.
    I just use twitch to watch the Easy Allies so I know that people like to comment how they should play or what they are missing because they get angry. It seems like she is reading chat. I don't know... Just weird is all
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,099
    Cant wait for it and also:

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,298
    edited June 12
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:

Not at all.

I've been playing the game with my girlfriend and we missed a WHOLE lot of stuff as we just didn't come across it in a timely fashion.

We discovered fighting tutorials way after.
    We discovered the first fairy who upgrades your clothes quite a bit after. Guess what? There are more of the. Damned if I know where but at some point we'll find them.
    We are so behind on upgrading our inventory as we "just" got to the northern forest where the maraca guy basically said "so long and find me there if you want more inventory ..."

And completely missed the whole memory thing which I now want to find them all so we can get the additional ending.

Open world games can have a way of allowing players to miss many things.

one of the reasons I was screwed in Black Desert as I just did my thing and never really followed through on the quest line that allowed one to get a compass in the desert. 

Even if I go up to the NPC he won't give me the quest.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,764
    Sovrath said:
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:

Not at all.

I've been playing the game with my girlfriend and we missed a WHOLE lot of stuff as we just didn't come across it in a timely fashion.

We discovered fighting tutorials way after.
    We discovered the first fairy who upgrades your clothes quite a bit after.

Those are some pretty big flaws that are overlooked in reviews. The game should take some hits for that. It's just bad design. Those interactions should be presented organically wherever you adventure. Hopefully this game presents that information in a more seamless natural fashion.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,298
    edited June 12
    ookibaka said:
    I must be one of the few people who think BoTW is largely over-rated. Those crappy, short puzzles are not dungeons and that is a huge part of the game for me. Even the infamous water dungeon is better than anything here.
    Well, my girlfriend loves it and thinks the game is brilliant. But she's not a gamer (and thank god for that) so she's not jaded and doesn't have high expectations.  She's never played a game with visuals at this level so it's kind of a breath of fresh air.

Our head of IT at work loves the game and thinks it's a masterpiece.
    Another guy at work doesn't like the game because you can't break down weapons nor is there a real economy etc, etc.

Me? I think it's very pretty and I enjoy playing it with my girlfriend because I don't expect it to be anything other than what it is. 

So "no" the shrines aren't dungeons nor are they trying to be.

When players go in expecting things "just because" they are just going to be disappointed. You have to take it for what it is trying to be. And it's not trying to be Witcher 3 or Skyrim.

• temphunter27temphunter27 Newbie CommonPosts: 13
    Honestly the best part of the E3 Nintendo Direct. 
    Thinking of installing kc lights to replace my current one.