Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight II is Headed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch This Fall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageTorchlight II is Headed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch This Fall - MMORPG.com

Beginning September 3rd, console players will get to take a crack at one of the most-beloved ARPGs of all time, Torchlight II. The game is being released by Perfect World Entertainment and has been ported to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch by Panic Button. Torchlight II will cost $19.99 and will ship with all updates and some brand new content just for consoles.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I think Torchlight II is the perfect ARPG for consoles. I'll be checking it out on Switch!
    WhiteLanternmklinicJeroKaneGinazinfomatzMrMelGibsonSabrac

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:
    I think it's a great fit for the Switch, but not so much for the other two. There are better options on the PS4, but maybe they'll add it to PS+.
    Well I've freaking exhausted all other options. So this would be a welcome addition. It's rather soothing to drop on the couch and zone out playing an ARPG on the big screen, specially after a very long day of drinking and partying. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    I would agree that on the switch its okay for that price (way better than D3 imo) but for the others 20$ seems pushing it a little. I mean, its regularly on sale like 5$ on steam with mod support so as a bundle with something else, it would be a better deal. As it stands, consoles have PoE for free, so I dont think this will do well outside of the switch.
    [Deleted User]retiredmjinfomatz
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    The reasons to own a Switch multuply almost exponentially.
    JeffSpicoliretiredmjMrMelGibson

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I hope the PC version also gets controller support and the QOL changes they made to the consoles.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    The only practical use iv had for the Switch as a Adult off its dock over the past 2 or so years was when i had my colonoscopy and i had to spend the entire day before cleaning out my stomach. I took my Phone & my switch into the can, set up shop and played through half of Breath of the Wild. True Story

WhiteLanternretiredmjinfomatzMrMelGibson
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    it seems a little late for this.... i mean with TL3 right around the corner this shoulda released 2 years ago with the switch.... and then theres the preformance issues on pc its really bad when u try to set up multiplayer games 1 person always lags behind and takes forever to enter the instance (this occurs everytime u change the map) and this is not internet or hardware (crap hardware) related either its because the game sucks only utilising 1 core on the cpu.
    I dunno how they have gotten rid of this problem.
    Then theres mod support TL2 was only good because of mods.
    retiredmj
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    No idea why some think it's better on Switch than the other consoles. That doesn't make any sense to me.

It's a fine aRPG and better than most of the others in some feature areas, like random events. I think PoE is the only better one in that sense but PoE takes much more effort to play and is far more hardcore in terms of the systems which might not be a good thing for more casual gamers.

It'll be good on them all (but still best on PC for the mods).
    momintim
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Beloved? That is a stretch. It was ok but the online was garbage.
    retiredmj

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Curious if they are going to support modding on those platforms as it was the modding community that made the game one of the best ARPG's. Hell there are mods that basically give you an entirely new game to play.
    edited June 2019

No idea why some think it's better on Switch than the other consoles. That doesn't make any sense to me.

It's a fine aRPG and better than most of the others in some feature areas, like random events. I think PoE is the only better one in that sense but PoE takes much more effort to play and is far more hardcore in terms of the systems which might not be a good thing for more casual gamers.

Because the other consoles have many other options. The Switch is a little light in the arpg area. Plus on Switch you can take it with you. The versatility of the device makes its rules completely different
    Still doesn't make sense to me. It's the same game on them all. The logic here is that the Switch is a worse console so paying more for a worse game is acceptable there.

I don't have any idea why it would be better than any other aRPG on the move either. There's just as much loot, just as many skills, just as much content and the way you control it is exactly the same. Only thing I could agree with is that the art style fits Nintendo's particular style.

I don't think it's a worse game, for the record. I think TL2 is great and I would rather play it over PoE, personally, and it's definitely a good option for anyone new to aRPGs because it doesn't throw too much at you straight away.
    iamspamicus

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Because the other consoles have many other options. The Switch is a little light in the arpg area. Plus on Switch you can take it with you. The versatility of the device makes its rules completely different
    Still doesn't make sense to me. It's the same game on them all. The logic here is that the Switch is a worse console so paying more for a worse game is acceptable there.

I don't have any idea why it would be better than any other aRPG on the move either. There's just as much loot, just as many skills, just as much content and the way you control it is exactly the same.

I don't think it's a worse game, for the record. I think TL2 is great and I would rather play it over PoE, personally, and it's definitely a good option for anyone new to aRPGs because it doesn't throw too much at you straight away.
    It makes sense to me because a nonp2w arpg on a mobile device is more appealing than what is currently available on my other mobile devices. I don't treat my Switch like I do my Xbox X or PS4 or PC because I don't play it the same way.  
    I'm not saying it's not a good fit for Switch, I'm saying I don't understand why it's not a good fit for the others.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

SBFord said:

I think Torchlight II is the perfect ARPG for consoles. I'll be checking it out on Switch!

Yup! Perfect fit for the Switch! So looking forward to this. :)
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Won't have any of the great mods though.
    Torval said:

I don't have any idea why it would be better than any other aRPG on the move either. There's just as much loot, just as many skills, just as much content and the way you control it is exactly the same.

It makes sense to me because a nonp2w arpg on a mobile device is more appealing than what is currently available on my other mobile devices. I don't treat my Switch like I do my Xbox X or PS4 or PC because I don't play it the same way.  
    I'm not saying it's not a good fit for Switch, I'm saying I don't understand why it's not a good fit for the others.

PS4 just has so many diverse options. For one a huge portion of JRPGs are action-rpgs and PlayStation has a massive library of these. Ys for starters, but tons of other action genre types too like Dragon's Dogma, Victor Vran, etc.

I loved TL2 especially modded, but I stopped playing on PC because there are so many better options. Same with PlayStation.

It's not that TL2 is a bad fit for those consoles. It's that I think it's a perfect fit for Switch because of the form factor and portability. I don't think it will gain much traction on the other two. It's a great game that will probably get drowned out. I'm not saying they shouldn't publish it on those either. I am surprised they spent the dev effort for it.
    OK, so what you meant is that it'll be more popular on Switch. It probably will, yeh.
    [Deleted User]
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Whats going on with that Torchlight mmorpg? Wasn't that supposed to release this fall too (by end of year)?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019

Hariken said:

Won't have any of the great mods though.

that's true, but in my case i'll choose twinstick gameplay over mouse clicks any day in an ARPG. So it's still a good port. Not having mods isn't that big of a deal if i can play natively with a controller.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Take it with me where?

Only if its to the toilet, because true gamers do not leave the basement!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Still play it on pc every now and then even though I done everything in it multiple times

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    For the 1st second i thought it's Torchlight Frontires... ughhhh :((((

So What Now?