Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

En Masse Entertainment to Publish The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEn Masse Entertainment to Publish The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - MMORPG.com News

En Masse Entertainment has announced that it will be in charge of publication duties for The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, a multiplatform strategy RPG that is based on the upcoming Netflix series. The game will be released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC/Mac.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)
    NeonSaruTenohiraWhiteLanternThupliAyininfomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Interesting this IP is making a come back with a new show, now a game. I still remember seeing this movie as a little kid in the theater and thought it was so weird and dark, yet so fascinating.

Everyone was talking about it at the time for being so revolutionary. Then as suddenly as it came, It literally went into the vaults of time to be forgotten, few people I ever mentioned Dark Crystal to even remembered what it was. Honestly I think it was way ahead of it's time. Now is probably a good time to make a come back.
    Sovrath
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The Jim Henson crew say the new series is staying true to Jim's vision. 90% practical effects and puppets and 10% CGI which was mostly used to remove any trace of the puppeteers so they can show more of the puppets. The trailer looks very cool.
    Scotgervaise1infomatz
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    edited June 2019
    I absolutely hate RTS games, but I have loved most things Jim Henson and specifically The Dark Crystal since the mid 80s (though let's be honest Bowie's Labyrinth was better).

I'm torn...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    SBFord said:
    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?
    alkarionlogSBFordNepheth[Deleted User]
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    serious looks like a smallish maps with some npcs in the play, I saw some browser games with bigger maps then this game

ogre battle where are you?.... we still have fire emblem...
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    serious looks like a smallish maps with some npcs in the play, I saw some browser games with bigger maps then this game

ogre battle where are you?.... we still have fire emblem...
    I also wish that we still had Shining Force tactics games. Yeah, Shining Force still exists, but as mediocre JRPGs. Like shoddy Tales knockoffs.
    edited June 2019
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?
    By the way, I'm not mad. Just confused. This an actual inconsistency in the standards mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread.

I know FE3H is a particularly complex, intimidating game, but I am willing to contribute information or an article.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    edited June 2019
    Everything old is new again. Seems to be the current Hollywood and Gaming industry trend. More reboots and remakes than a little bit. Excited none the less as I have good memories of watching Dark Crystal as a kid.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    By the way, I'm not mad. Just confused. This an actual inconsistency in the standards mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread.

I know FE3H is a particularly complex, intimidating game, but I am willing to contribute information or an article.
    I may ned some of that wisdom when I play fire emblem next month
    If there is anything specific you want to know, pm me. This one is looking to be particularly intricate with the addition of Persona-esque RPG mechanics.
    [Deleted User]
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    F the game. Seeing the Dark Crystal series look incredible and authentic in 2019 gave me goosebumps. It's like Jim Henson never passed on.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    While I love turn based strategy games I can't play this, just the mention of The Dark Crystal still freaks me out.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Man, I thought it was going to be an mmorpg like Doofus, Wakfu, or SR: Boston Lockdown when I saw En Masse. Oh well.

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

I posted about a similar type game called Fell Seal in the general games forum and no one seemed to be into the FFT-type game genre on this site, and that was at least for the PC too. .
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Love the genre. I'm in!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    I could use a Tactics RPG since FF Tactics.....Hopefully this will be better
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

I think this is down to IP, I had never heard of FE3H.
    Scot said:

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

I think this is down to IP, I had never heard of FE3H.
    Maybe. But for fans of turn based strategy, Fire Emblem is arguably the biggest and most enduring name for good reason. 
    Scot[Deleted User]
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I only know Dark Crystal the movie released in 1982. Is Netflix really going to make a remake of this? I wish them luck, cause they will surely need it.
    Aeander
    Galadourn said:
    I only know Dark Crystal the movie released in 1982. Is Netflix really going to make a remake of this? I wish them luck, cause they will surely need it.
    Some of what you see on TV uses IP's nearer 1882, from Peter Pan and Narnia to Dracula. It is the strength of the IP that matters more not its age, DC does not have that strong an IP but today that does not matter. Anything and everything that has some sort of IP or brand is going to get rehashed and used in TV and Film. Marvel are churning through their supers, how long before the Squirrel Girl film? Have you heard of Warhammer Adventures where that grim world IP is used for a typical brightly coloured cartoony kids offering?

No IP is too weak, no usage of that IP is beyond the pale. Always have a name that some of the public can identify with rather than something new.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    I remember watching this with my sister and dad in the early 80s. My sister and I were obsessed with making the "mmmm" sound they kept making throughout the movie.
    Scotinfomatz
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited June 2019
    Galadourn said:
    Yes they have funded a series; the journey begins August 30th.

As for the game to me it looks like it is aimed at a younger audience; and maybe a a D&D type feel. So it may appeal. If nothing else it seems to offer something different to what most PC/console games offer these days. As board games did back in the day - some of which have been converted to PC e.g. Talisman. Will that be enough or has The Darkness corrupted it?

If nothing else the game trailer has some more TV series footage!

Edit: mmmmmm
    Scot
    jpnole said:
    I remember watching this with my sister and dad in the early 80s. My sister and I were obsessed with making the "mmmm" sound they kept making throughout the movie.
    You were lucky, if you are a kid obsessed with the new version both hero and heroine have been updated for a modern audience, you will need to be doing martial arts moves, jumping kicks the lot. ;)