Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert is Coming to PlayStation 4 & Black Desert Mobile to Launch in 2019 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBlack Desert is Coming to PlayStation 4 & Black Desert Mobile to Launch in 2019 - MMORPG.com

Pearl Abyss has announced that Black Desert is heading to PlayStation 4 and that pre-orders will open on July 2, 2019. Those who pre-order will receive a number of in-game rewards and will be able to participate in an early access period ahead of the game's launch on PS4. The PS4 version will be available in NA, EU, Japan and South Korea on launch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Finally coming to PS4.
    ConstantineMerusReizla

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Please no freaking region lock. 
    rojoArcueid
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I want crossplay and or cross saves.
    onelesslightDisantia

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Good news. Ever since I changed to Ubuntu I've not been able to play BD anymore. Also good to know that there'll be a lot less trainers/cheaters/hackers for the PS4 (console versions in general) than the PC version of the game has.

...now only to hope that all stuff bought on PC can be transferred to PS4 ;-)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    Reizla said:
    Good news. Ever since I changed to Ubuntu I've not been able to play BD anymore. Also good to know that there'll be a lot less trainers/cheaters/hackers for the PS4 (console versions in general) than the PC version of the game has.

...now only to hope that all stuff bought on PC can be transferred to PS4 ;-)

The thing is console versions still have cheaters - because BDO client is easy to hack and the server side checks are few and far between.

Sure they've gotten better - but BDO (console and PC) still remains one of the most hacker friendly MMOs on the market.
    No platform is hacker free these days, sadly for Reizla afaik there is no crossover between platforms for BDO, which is a shame because its much like FFXIV:ARR in that it would benefit from players from consoles and PC's being able to play together, although most Guilds require use of discord etc. something that both the PS4 and Xbox lack but are in serious need of. :/
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    When is it coming out on my pager?
    PhryConstantineMerusonelesslight
    Scot said:
    When is it coming out on my pager?
    Those things are so old i suspect many will have to google it  :p
    ConstantineMerusScot

Region locks in BDO are more due to licencing, Kakoa has the licence for NA/EU from Pearl Abyss, if you are not in those areas and you want to play on those servers then there is nothing that can really be done about it, its likely that any region locking on Console will be automatic and probably hidden in that you don't really get a say in which region servers you play on, to give an example, i am in the UK but on PC i play on the NA servers, not the EU ones, with Console i am thinking that servers will be assigned to players based on region/latency.
    ConstantineMerusSovrath
  • DisantiaDisantia Member UncommonPosts: 50

Phry said:

Region locks in BDO are more due to licencing, Kakoa has the licence for NA/EU from Pearl Abyss, if you are not in those areas and you want to play on those servers then there is nothing that can really be done about it, its likely that any region locking on Console will be automatic and probably hidden in that you don't really get a say in which region servers you play on, to give an example, i am in the UK but on PC i play on the NA servers, not the EU ones, with Console i am thinking that servers will be assigned to players based on region/latency.

Region will probably be chosen based on what your PS account region is. So if you're NA and want to play EU, going to have to make an EU PS account. It's like that with most mmos on ps4. Region is based off your PSN account region.