Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV Has Reached Over 16M Players Since Launch & Shadowbringers Launch Trailer - MMORPG

2»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Sommy_N7 said:
    FFXIV is a nice looking game but if you are a semi or hardcore player , there's nothing to do after you clear the raids. After my group downed the first tier raid in Stormblood , farmed the mount from it and we kinda left the game after. Not gone back to FFXIV since , bit tempted this expansion but it's like WoW , boring after a month.
    Imo there is too much to do :smile:

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    An MMO is still growing in subscriber numbers and people on an MMO forum come to complain. Why are you people angry about this?!
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    How many people, like me, bought into the lies of people with extremely poor taste saying this game was worth playing so bought, tried, and immediately regretted the purchase and taking advice from "people?"

I may be part of that total game tryer count, but only due to tricky, deceit, and the extremely poor taste of the average mmorpg player.
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    blamo2000 said:
    How many people, like me, bought into the lies of people with extremely poor taste saying this game was worth playing so bought, tried, and immediately regretted the purchase and taking advice from "people?"

I may be part of that total game tryer count, but only due to tricky, deceit, and the extremely poor taste of the average mmorpg player.
    I mean, if people are genuinely enjoying the game such that the active subscriber base is growing overall, you cant really say people are lying. You may not like the same kind of game, and thats fine, but to say you bought into the lies seems kind of disingenuous. 
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Derros said:

I mean, if people are genuinely enjoying the game such that the active subscriber base is growing overall, you cant really say people are lying. You may not like the same kind of game, and thats fine, but to say you bought into the lies seems kind of disingenuous. 
    Player count has never caused me to try a game.  I had no idea how many people played when I gave it a try.  I don't care, have never cared, and will never care how many people play a game, how many people are watching videos of other people playing games, etc.

I was told it had a choice heavy character development system (it didn't), that it didn't require grinding (it required massive grinding of classes just to pick the one or two actual choices the non-character development system allowed), and some other blatant lies.  If it isn't that way now, I don't know as I will never try the game again because I can't trust the information people give me and I'm not paying $15 and wasting a ton of hours to find out.  

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    .. but I don't care about the FFXIV vs WoW thing. Both are very healthy but WoW is on the slow decline at the moment and FFXIV is on the slow rise. Personally, I couldn't stick with FFXIV.. even after getting past the core game quest grind. It's just not for me.
    Slow decline my ass. The latest expansion gutted WoW. I'd be shocked if 2 mil are currently subbed
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Guess it's kinda impressive, considering the game is crap. People will try anything with enough boredom, and drought.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited June 2019
    Scot said:
    RunRabbit said:

stebo104 said:

Rip Wow and their 12mil max, FF14 has gotten that and passed it by 4mil

You qualify as either a parrot or a sheep.
    And you qualify as a Rabbit who has done his first post, Welcome to the forums! :)
    Since you are the one who has granted me my title, I'm going to return the favor and do the same.

Henceforth you shall be known as Scot, The Welcomer. May your hospitality last forever. 
    Scot
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311

Vexiusx said:

stebo104 said:

Rip Wow and their 12mil max, FF14 has gotten that and passed it by 4mil

You must be special, FF has a TOTAL (inactive/active) sub count of 16 million, WoW already reached that milestone in 2008. And now most likely has over 100-200M accounts. FF is afraid to call their active numbers cause no game will EVER match wow's active sub count no matter how good or bad wow does they will always be number one with active subs until it shuts down it's servers.

I'm expecting FF to have around 200-500K active subs while WoW in one of the shittiest expansions still holds over 5+ mil active subs and not to mention that will rise significantly when Classic comes out.

^Exactly this.

People can cry all they want. WoW still and will continue to hold the spot of #1 MMORPG, factually, until it shuts down.

People just love to hate on success. Pitiful really.

Witty & Wicked >:)