Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Build me a computer contest, win $50 steam code

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
edited June 2019 in Hardware
Hey guys, 

I was looking to buy a new computer and I have money to burn (not really, i just lost 60k on a business deal) but 2k won't break the bank for me. I'm such a noob in building computers, so I'll ask for help here. Basically, configure it on some website, send me link, and i'll buy it from there. 

I want to game and stream. I also have a gaming laptop, so I guess i can stream from one computer and game on the other one. So keep that in mind. 

I want you guys to build me a computer for $1,800 to $2,400 total with USA taxes. I already have monitor, keyboard, camera, microphone, and mouse. 

I'm not sure if i want it to have upgrade capability because i'm such a noob and don't trust myself in this stuff.

My specifications:
$500ish graphics card (prefer Nvidia brand)
Intel chip
16 gb ram
500 to 1000 gigabyte SSD (prefer samsung brand)
Don't need a non-SSD drive for storage, just an SSD drive to play games. 
Must have wireless capability (i'm such a noob, i assume it is standard but not sure when i went to configure)
Good power supply - i don't want restarts cuz it overheats
cooling stuff
Windows 10
stock speakers (use headphones)
Don't care about any other games or anti-virus
Case must have connections to run dual or triple monitors. Thanks. 

Bonuses:
See through case
bluish lightning to go along with my Cryomatrix Twitch theme
bluish braided cables 

Scoring Criteria:
1) Price (2 points inversely proportional to price/100 . . . hence $1800 is 8 pts, $1900 is 6 pts, $2000 is 4 pts, $2100 is 2 pts, $2200 is 0 pts, $2300 is -2 pts. 
2) Reliability (tough to know) but if it has crappy reviews, the -10, or decent reviews then zero, or great reviews then +4
3) Performance (You'd have to tell me about this with MHZ or something, but 0 to 12 pts based on performance
4) Bonus features (+1 pt per bonus feature)

Maximum scoring:
8  + 4 + 12 + 3 = 27 pts

Minimum scoring
- 2 - 10 = -12 

Just link me the configuration on the website, i'll buy it, and give you a steam code for $50 bucks. If I return the computer, you keep the money. I apologize if what I say is not feasible, I tried to do it myself, which is fun, but i'd rather pay someone $50 and ensure i don't screw it up. 

Cryomatrix

Edited to change price to $1800 to $2400 (From 1500 to 2100) and increase contest to $50 steam card
Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
Post edited by Cryomatrix on

Comments