Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maneater is an Open Water ShaRkPG from Tripwire Interactive - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageManeater is an Open Water ShaRkPG from Tripwire Interactive - MMORPG.com News

In one of the more unusual E3 2019 announcements, Tripwire Interactive revealed more about its upcoming open water shaRkPG called Maneater. Essentially, this is GTA V but instead of a two-legged protagonist, players become razor-toothed sharks. The new trailer takes a DEEP DIVE into gameplay that sees players begin as a baby shark (now that tune's stuck in your head!) and progress through adulthood to become a legendary bull shark.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    GTA Great White ... This looks fun , Im a fan of the game DEPTH but i couldn't see myself playing this game in large chunks. This looks like the kind of game i might hop into and mess around for 20 or 30 minutes. If the price is under 40 I'll pick it up otherwise wait for a sale.
    SBFordinfomatz
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    So it's like a good ol' Miami Shark, Sydney Shark, New York Shark etc. exceedingly fun Flash game series?

Thank you for your time!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2019
    I think it sounds really fun. :D

And, of course, there's this. :)

Scotinfomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

SBFord said:

I think it sounds really fun. :D

And, of course, there's this. :)

The way gaming is going Man Eater will no doubt have a Pink Fong cross over. ;)
    SBFord
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I think this has potential. Looking forward to more info down the road.
    JeffSpicoli
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Pretty much every comment in the YouTube comments section is an angry post about this game being an Epic Store exclusive.
    JeffSpicolibcbully

Pretty much every comment in the YouTube comments section is an angry post about this game being an Epic Store exclusive.

Well those disgruntled folks will be so much the poorer for not having the experience. FFS people need to move on. There are bigger things to care about in the world than whether a game will be on Epic or any other game store. LOL!
    Sovrathbcbullyalkarionlog

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2019
    SBFord said:

Well those disgruntled folks will be so much the poorer for not having the experience. FFS people need to move on. There are bigger things to care about in the world than whether a game will be on Epic or any other game store. LOL!
    I would guess the Venn diagram of "Gamers who weren't going to buy Man Eater regardless of the storefront" and "YouTube commenters bitching about Epic Store exclusive" has a pretty large overlap.
    SBFordJeffSpicoli

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Epic store exclusive you say ?  Hard Pass

bcbully[Deleted User]alkarionlog
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited June 2019
    A shark rpg. Shark. Rpg.
    To each their own I guess. To me this sounds ridiculous. 
    Like there aren't simulators for everything under the sun? Pigeon Simulator? Goat Simulator? Rock Simulator? Let's not forget extra-human creatures like orcs, elves, talking cows (*waves at the Tauren*), shape-shifting things and more.

Why is a shark sim / RPG so crazy? LOL!

It's more a survival game, I'd say, without the stupid mechanics of having to craft armor and weapons since you have shark skin and millions of razor sharp teeth. Oh and no forced construction of a fortress either. You live and poop in the same place without need for the confines of structure or society. :D
    WalkinGlenn[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

If only I could get lasers, a dinosaur and a WoW Forsaken playing death metal too. Then I'd REALLY be happy. :3

bcbullyMadFrenchie[Deleted User]infomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Epic store exclusive you say ?  Hard Pass

You will be rewarded for you unwavering support comrade.

psych! Lmao
    SBFordMadFrenchie
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    edited June 2019

SBFord said:

Nah, even as a ridiculously finicky gamer I've managed to build up a back log of games I just don't have time to play. There are so many games being released these days even I'm spoiled for choice. So a company putting a road block in front of me buying their game actually just helps me save the money I would have spent on a game I might never had time for anyway. I'm not missing out on shit. They however just guaranteed they missed out on my purchase. It's a buyer's market.
    The phrase sour grapes comes to mind. :D 

Also, the new Metro was fun.  Let me know how you like it...  In a year. ;)
    SBFordJeffSpicoli

edited June 2019
    Torval said:
    Hahaha, yeah dammit I'm gonna miss out on a high quality EGS exclusive. lulz

Here's another for Epic fans. Have fun with your well curated high quality store. :lol: 

Lol at you trying to compare the two stores.  You know if we got down to it and started a comparison, you'd walk away looking like you didn't know which store was which based on your sarcastic post here.

Showering with Dad?  Titov titles (all like 5 scam titles he has on there now)?  The trading card bullshit?  Give me a break, man.
    SBFordJeffSpicolilahnmir

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    ROFL, have to love the silly things gamers will spend their money on.

SBFord said:

Nah, even as a ridiculously finicky gamer I've managed to build up a back log of games I just don't have time to play. There are so many games being released these days even I'm spoiled for choice. So a company putting a road block in front of me buying their game actually just helps me save the money I would have spent on a game I might never had time for anyway. I'm not missing out on shit. They however just guaranteed they missed out on my purchase. It's a buyer's market.

Moot point, both because I've never played any of the Metro games, and by next year my list of wanted games will have grown that much longer leaving these old hat by then games even further by the way side. If I can go a whole year without exploding because I didn't buy a certain game, then there's an excellent chance I never will. As I said before, it's a buyer's market. 
    Sure.  Don't forget to slide on your "I'm too cool for this" shades before you walk out without looking back! ;)
    [Deleted User]

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2019
    OG_Zorvan said:

I could definitely make my "I'm too cool for this" shades  Work with this song playing

[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

So even a shark rpg could not hold the attention of the thread for more than a few comments.....back to digital store bashing between both sides I see. 
    Well, playing a shark plays strictly to a niche audience...  Unlike the Epic store. :D 
    SBFord

edited June 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2019
    Not sure I’ve played an rpg with a character that hand no hands or feet. Just can’t wrap my head around it. For some reason. 
    Not RPG's but Ecco the Dolphin & Pac Man come to mind
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2019

SBFord said:

Moot point, both because I've never played any of the Metro games, and by next year my list of wanted games will have grown that much longer leaving these old hat by then games even further by the way side. If I can go a whole year without exploding because I didn't buy a certain game, then there's an excellent chance I never will. As I said before, it's a buyer's market. 
    Sure.  Don't forget to slide on your "I'm too cool for this" shades before you walk out without looking back! ;)
    LOL! Not too cool, just too fucking busy. Man there are literally so many games, movies, television shows, and books, yes BOOKS, that I need to catch up on that I'm having a meltdown trying to schedule it all. I never thought that trying to enjoy my leisure time would come with so much fucking anxiety. I'm sure I'm far from alone in this conundrum in this digital age.

Jabs about the stores aside,  I've given up on trying to catch the classics unless in just there and buy in when they're current.  I launched Baldur's Gate 2 this past weekend only to realize, as far as the gameplay is concerned, it's just a primitive version of Pillars, and so launched Pillars instead.  Same with games like Neverwinter Nights.

No point in trying to ensure you don't miss the "classic" or those "era-defining" titles if you don't play them within the era.  They're just gonna seem like relics compared with current titles.
    [Deleted User]

edited June 2019
    Not sure I’ve played an rpg with a character that hand no hands or feet. Just can’t wrap my head around it. For some reason. 
    Ecco the Dolphin & Pac Man come to mind
    Yeah but neither are open world rpgs. 
    Hmmm give me a few minutes...... EDIT : I got nothing
    • Aloha Mr Hand !