Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, E3 is over. What games are you most anticipating?

AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
edited June 2019 in General Gaming
What are your most anticipated games of 2019 and 2020 now that E3 is over?

Mine are:

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
A very nostalgic experience for me. I love ARPGs and I love Marvel.

6. Cyperpunk 2077
Need I say more?

5. Tales of Arise
Tales used to be one of my favorite franchises, and the only reason this one isn't higher is that Vesperia was the last truly great Tales. The modern ones have all ranged from decent (Berseria & Xillia) to actual dogshit (Zestiria). This game looks to potentially be a step up.

4. Borderlands 3
I enjoy Borderlands a lot, and this one looks to fix damn near every issue I have with them.

3. Marvel's Avengers
The Division meets Marvel? Count me in.

2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Wow. Just wow.

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Fire Emblem is my all time favorite franchise, and this one looks to be a full blown evolution, integrating mechanics from one of my other favorite franchises - Persona. I cannot fucking wait.
Waan

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2019
    It's not over. It's actually just starting. The press events are over. ;) But point taken!

I'm looking forward to Watchdogs: Legion. :) Gonna make a squad of little old ladies. :D The new Ghost Recon and the updates to The Division 2 alongside Wolfenstein: Youngblood have me piqued too.
    Post edited by SBFord on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    SBFord said:
    It's not over. It's actually just starting. The press events are over. ;) But point taken!

I'm looking forward to Watchdogs: Legion. :) Gonna make a squad of little old ladies. :D
    I meant the reveals. The part that the general public cares about.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Watchdogs and FFVII Remake are the ones that really stood out for me.

BL3 and Cyberpunk are great but we already know all we need to about those already so seeing more was just fluff really. The Keanu reveal was a fun watch. Free new Borderlands 2 DLC is awesome but I already knew that was coming.

I need to know more about Avengers before getting excited about it.

Fallout 76 adding human NPCs was a complete surprise and welcome... even though I didn't really care about the lack of human NPCs anyway.

I'll be trying Division 2 again this weekend for free since I had some major connection issues during the open beta that put me off buying it. Announcing the free weekend and Episode 3 was a reveal, right? I dunno...
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I would say Borderlands 3 but being a EPIC exclusive i won't being buying it so I'll have to go with Madden 20. Even though its more regurgitated EA corporate vomit  i do like they added signature QB animations and the game does look alot more crisp. It also appears they have updated the playbooks an...... Ahhhh Fuck it, Im sure to the MMO crowd its like im speaking Greek right now.
    KyleranCryomatrixsamooryesord
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Everything Nintendo, until then it was kinda meh to me. But then, holy crap, they are killing it.

Honourable mention goes to Shenmue 3. Not because of the actual game (day one purchase for me anyway) but because of the surprise its an Epic Store exclusive.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I would say Borderlands 3 but being a EPIC exclusive i won't being buying it so I'll have to go with Madden 20. Even though its more regurgitated EA corporate vomit  i do like they added signature QB animations and the game does look alot more crisp. It also appears they have updated the playbooks an...... Ahhhh Fuck it, Im sure to the MMO crowd its like im speaking Greek right now.
    Thanks for stopping, my eyes were already beginning to glaze over, you sure that's even a real game? 

Weird.

;)
    JeffSpicoliMadFrenchie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

I'm looking forward to Watchdogs: Legion. :) Gonna make a squad of little old ladies. :D
    Looks as if the reveals once again shed no new light on any new MMORPGs.

What is that, like 5 or 6 years in a row now, I've lost track.
    samooryesordOctagon7711

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

Looks as if the reveals once again shed no new light on any new MMORPGs.

What is that, like 5 or 6 years in a row now, I've lost track.
    Yeah. But whatever. I can't even begin to care about MMORPGs at this point.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

I still disagree. While the "big boys" are through, all of the smaller devs and publishers are still making decent announcements and will over the next couple days. 

Either way, the big press events were rather lackluster with shining moments. I thought Nintendo's was best since they don't waste a lot of time on self-congratulations, followed by Ubi, Microsoft and Square bringing up the rear. I want to see more innovation from Square. I'm sick to death of the Final Fantasy everything they keep pushing (and re-pushing) -- all of their games bleed into one another for me. :D It's time for truly new and innovative. I've got my eye on Outriders.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

I still disagree. While the "big boys" are through, all of the smaller devs and publishers are still making decent announcements and will over the next couple days. 

Either way, the big press events were rather lackluster with shining moments. I thought Nintendo's was best since they don't waste a lot of time on self-congratulations, followed by Ubi, Microsoft and Square bringing up the rear. I want to see more innovation from Square. I'm sick to death of the Final Fantasy everything they keep pushing (and re-pushing) -- all of their games bleed into one another for me. :D It's time for truly new and innovative. I've got my eye on Outriders.
    FF7R is new and innovative though. Yeah, I know, you're laughing at that because it's a remake, but the way they've gone about reinterpreting FF combat and combining real time and turn based combat is... well it's exciting and mindblowing in its simplicity. They might have actually nailed action combat this time around.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    E3 was pretty anti-climatic for me all the stuff I was awesome was already awesome before E3.

It seemed like the whole event was just a bunch of unprecedented amounts of awkward pauses, corny build-ups, vague trailers, and not so great games. The best thing that happened for me for this time period was the Borderlands 2 new DLC.
    Shaigh
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This isn't, by the way, just a list of your most anticipated E3 announcements. It could be games that weren't even at E3 or we knew about well before E3. Half of my list was revealed prior to E3 and expanded on at E3.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited June 2019
    Was a rather disappointing E3.  More CGI cinematic trailers than actual gameplay.

For me -

All the Tom Clancy series games(minus the mobile game) I am excited as all hell for.  Especially Ghost Recon.  Watchdogs looks awesome.

Cyberpunk like most people.

Not that excited for Borderlands seeing as how all of them are basically the same thing. 
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Some great games I'm looking forward to, but way too many were then happily announced "for mobiles." I'm glad mobile gaming is a thing, for those who like it, but there are games I will miss because I don't play mobile games.

Also, "cloud gaming" worries me. American Internet service is spotty, at best. All this "always online" is NOT going to get me jumping back into gaming. But players today eat this shit up and throw millions at the companies.

Then again, my gaming time is nearing its end. I'll be left playing my old OWNED games until I die ;)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

edited June 2019
    AlBQuirky said:
    Some great games I'm looking forward to, but way too many were then happily announced "for mobiles." I'm glad mobile gaming is a thing, for those who like it, but there are games I will miss because I don't play mobile games.

Also, "cloud gaming" worries me. American Internet service is spotty, at best. All this "always online" is NOT going to get me jumping back into gaming. But players today eat this shit up and throw millions at the companies.

Then again, my gaming time is nearing its end. I'll be left playing my old OWNED games until I die ;)
    Actually, I own well over 2500 games and it would take me until I die to finish them all. That is depressing...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranAlBQuirky

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

edited June 2019
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Actually, I own well over 2500 games and it would take me until I die to finish them all. That is depressing...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Apparently "finishing" games isn't why you play, unlike me who can't move on to or play another game until I've finished with the current one.

So in my case, I have about 20 titles in my Steam / GOG libraries which will likely take me until I die to finish them all.

B)
    AlBQuirky

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Then it's a blessing in disguise! Awesome!
    lahnmir

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Apparently "finishing" games isn't why you play, unlike me who can't move on to or play another game until I've finished with the current one.

So in my case, I have about 20 titles in my Steam / GOG libraries which will likely take me until I die to finish them all.

B)
    I definitely don't play games to finish them, you are absolutely right about that one. It would make an interesting new thread with poll though, motivations on why you play/buy games.

On the other hand, you "needing" only 20 titles until your time is up says more about your age then your playing style I reckon  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirkyblastermaster

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Star Citizen, cry
    maskedweaselCryomatrixOctagon7711
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Halo Infinite is what I am most excited for. Also Xbox Game Pass on PC. :)

maskedweasel
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    My countdown of the most awesome things I'm excited for:

9. Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to the US!

8. Banjo Kazooey joining Super Smash Brothers. (now all they need is Conker and I'll be happy            forever)

7. Stadia release info. I may give it a go for several upcoming titles, I like their pricing model.

6. Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. Already signed up.

5. Cyberpunk 2077.. for obvious reasons.

4. The Outer Worlds... just because I've been waiting a long time for it.

3. Psychonauts 2! Who isn't excited for that?

2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3  - so close until it's time to play, awesome character reveals

1. Marvel's Avengers - The jury is still out on gameplay, but if it's even close to what Spiderman was, it's going to take all my time. 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Cyperpunk 2077
    MadFrenchierojoArcueidAlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The only event I fully watched was Devolver Digital because the only fun thing about e3 is making fun of it. First year we get a teaser with little to no information, next year we might get a clip and the third time we get a release date.

I look forward to doom eternal because I liked the doom game before that one, cyberpunk 2077 because cd project red did a great job with witcher 3, borderlands 3 because of borderlands 2, backed wasteland 3 because i played wasteland 2, Ori and will of the wisp because I loved ori and the blind forest, bloodlines 2 because of bloodlines 1, the from software game because its from software.

Gamescom is more fun when it comes to gaming.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    edited June 2019
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

B)
    I definitely don't play games to finish them, you are absolutely right about that one. It would make an interesting new thread with poll though, motivations on why you play/buy games.

On the other hand, you "needing" only 20 titles until your time is up says more about your age then your playing style I reckon  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I dunno, one or two are MMOs, were I to latch on like I did with EVE we could be talking 10 to 20 years of gameplay all by themselves. 
    ;)

On the plus side, SC should have launched by then.  :D

AlBQuirky

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited June 2019
    Buggered my post, sorry.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests