Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Razer RESPAWN Performance Drink Mix - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRazer RESPAWN Performance Drink Mix - MMORPG.com

With Project Venom, Razer posited the idea of a branded energy drink. Sure, it was over-the-top silly but there was also a grain of truth to it. A mystery box arrived at my door earlier this month and inside was a plentiful selection of Razer RESPAWN Performance Drink Mix, a drink designed to raise mental acuity and focus over long gaming sessions without the drawbacks of normal energy drinks. Does it work? Let’s find out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Ugh.
    dragonlee66JeffSpicoli
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Just looks like Razer saw how much Gfuel people were buying and wanted that market too.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

Just looks like Razer saw how much Gfuel people were buying and wanted that market too.

maybe they shoulda added chroma RGB to the box/coasters/the shaker so they can justify the price they will sell this at !
    dragonlee66wingoodNyghthowlerRoin
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    DMKano said:
    Anyone who buys this should be ashamed of themselves.

The best thing for hydration when sitting in front of the computer screen for hours is water period, imagine that.

You are not exercising and swearing like crazy so no need for electrolyte and mineral replacement.

Also caffeine is a big no IMO, you dont need it, your body can function perfectly fine without caffeine- many people are addicted to it sadly and think they need it to function- which is not true.

You don't need energy drinks, and you certainly don't need this razor drink either.
    you are so wrong my friend every gamer knows this Powdered mix of caffeine , Phentermine, trace amounts of cocaine (not actually true in case you are a moron)  Ritalin & Joe Rogan infused DMT  WILL GIVE YOU THAT GAMER FUELED EDGE every competitive Twitch streamer needs to put them over the top !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next you are going to tell me Doritos isn't a healthy dinner option either.... This guy ....Pfftttt

[Deleted User]Homura235VerenathNyghthowlerPalebaneRoinsschrupp
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Seriously though, Hey Suzie & Bill, I think your target audience on this website is too old for this stuff. I take blood pressure medication for Christ sake, what are you guys trying to kill me
    TillerwingoodVerenathSandmanjwNyghthowlerPalebanetimtrack
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Let's be honest.. most of us gamers need something to suck the energy out of us, not put more in.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2019
    So it was designed by gamers, not someone with an actual food science, bio-science or medical degree? The ability to mix hot Cheetos and ruby-red Mountain Dew into a viscous slurry while you pound 1,1,1,1 over and over again makes you an expert on food development? Not really a selling point. Yeah no thx. :D
    Post edited by Tiller on
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User][Deleted User]wingood
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ChocoboboobooChocobobooboo Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    At least it doesnt look like urine, like beer does.
    edited June 2019

Thats so funny last time i heard that i fell off my dinosaur 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2019

Corrected.
    At least it doesnt look like urine, like Mountain Dew with a urinary tract infection does.

JeffSpicoliwingood
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Maybe brand some Gamer Prune Juice and a Gamer Bran Muffin for us older gamers.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]wingoodPalebane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Grunty said:

Corrected.
    At least it doesnt look like urine, like Mountain Dew with a urinary tract infection does.

AZO is over the counter and great for Prostatitis , and ladies, Its also for UTI's, very effective. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2019
    Maybe someone needs to make a Gamer treadmill.

edit- I guess someone already has

I doubt it will ever catch on since as soon as you get on it and walk it automatically unequips your gamer ass.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

economics 101.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    The reviewer certainly has an appropriate name to review this product.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    The target audience is the demographic that calls everything "ess-jay-dubya" but has rainbow RGB lights all over their desks and PCs.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have been drinking energy drinks a very long time,often scoffed at by others.I have done a ton of research on them because well without getting into all of my health issues,i had to do the research for my own safety.
    A test recently with half the test subjects being avid energy drinkers and the other half never using them.
    Not surprising the avid users test results showed very little to no change,the assumption was their bodies had become immune to the drinks or partially immune.The other half had quite noticeable differences in the results.

Personally i can attest to the immunity part is real.I still remember like it was yesterday the very first drink i had was a grape Nos.I really noticed the effect it had,well years later and often drinking as many as 4 or even 5/6 in a day,i barely notice anything at all.

Point being,this guy says he is an avid energy drink user but is quick to say this stuff works seems very sketchy.The main ingredient is NOT Taurine,it is the caffeine and unless drinking sugar free like i do then the sugar is also there as well the main culprit for feeling like crap afterwards.

As has been said for years,moderation is key.I feel personally having been through all the Nos/Redbull/Monster right now drinks,both sugar and sugar free,this 95 caffeine drink would not do much at all,specially for an avid energy drink user.

FYI,i take blood pressure Medicine...Atenolol and recently had an UPGRADE in my health after everyone scoffed at me for drinking so many Energy drinks.

Want to know the real killer and worst enemy>>>>SUGAR,stay away from it as much as possible.I drink sugar free,low salt Monster,it does work to bring back my energy level,but the effects now a days are much less.
    To me this drink looks like a CHEAP drink,not in the same class as the popular brands.If you feel you need to cut down on caffeine,it is likely because of other stuff you are doing that is in combination causing problems,like some medicines or smoking.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    What the actual fuck!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Maybe getting rid of the caffeine addiction first would give more energy and then any drink will do the same as this..
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Energy drinks branded and targeted at people who spend the least amount of energy on the planet. GG EZ.
    JeffSpicoli
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    Anyone who buys this should be ashamed of themselves.

The best thing for hydration when sitting in front of the computer screen for hours is water period, imagine that.

You are not exercising and sweating like crazy so no need for electrolyte and mineral replacement.

Also caffeine is a big no IMO, you dont need it, your body can function perfectly fine without caffeine- many people are addicted to it sadly and think they need it to function- which is not true.

You don't need energy drinks, and you certainly don't need this gimmicky razor drink bullshit either. Get more rest and more exercise and you will naturally get more energy during the day.
    I play CS:GO, not so much these days but i can attest that my in game performance was better in the hour or so after i had been to the gym, reaction times etc. definitely seem to improve after exercising. Energy drinks are imo more likely to slow you down, particularly ones that are heavily laced with glucose/sugars etc. :)
  • ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    ok
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    If you want an energy drink without the useless additives that are used for mental queues (taurine), absurd sugar amounts, or the caffeine...  Just take Airborne (or any don't get sick/anti-flu supplement), you can even compare the backs of the two at a grocery store if you don't believe me.

Then if you need the caffeine brew it yourself from tea/coffee.  And if you're a barbarian that needs sugar you can add it to your tea.
    ___ 
    Also worth mentioning that those extra additives like taurine are unique to them because no one else is stupid enough to use the gross places the come from.   For instance taurine comes from cow stomach bile (stomach and digestive juice extracts).  Energy drinks just need something unique with a strong smell, to form a strong mental trigger to your soon to be had surgar rush.  

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• tomahawk1930tomahawk1930 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    But will it let me game with the power of a crow?
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793
    Wizardry said:
    I have been drinking energy drinks a very long time,often scoffed at by others.I have done a ton of research on them because well without getting into all of my health issues,i had to do the research for my own safety.
    A test recently with half the test subjects being avid energy drinkers and the other half never using them.
    Not surprising the avid users test results showed very little to no change,the assumption was their bodies had become immune to the drinks or partially immune.The other half had quite noticeable differences in the results.

Personally i can attest to the immunity part is real.I still remember like it was yesterday the very first drink i had was a grape Nos.I really noticed the effect it had,well years later and often drinking as many as 4 or even 5/6 in a day,i barely notice anything at all.

Point being,this guy says he is an avid energy drink user but is quick to say this stuff works seems very sketchy.The main ingredient is NOT Taurine,it is the caffeine and unless drinking sugar free like i do then the sugar is also there as well the main culprit for feeling like crap afterwards.

As has been said for years,moderation is key.I feel personally having been through all the Nos/Redbull/Monster right now drinks,both sugar and sugar free,this 95 caffeine drink would not do much at all,specially for an avid energy drink user.

FYI,i take blood pressure Medicine...Atenolol and recently had an UPGRADE in my health after everyone scoffed at me for drinking so many Energy drinks.

Want to know the real killer and worst enemy>>>>SUGAR,stay away from it as much as possible.I drink sugar free,low salt Monster,it does work to bring back my energy level,but the effects now a days are much less.
    To me this drink looks like a CHEAP drink,not in the same class as the popular brands.If you feel you need to cut down on caffeine,it is likely because of other stuff you are doing that is in combination causing problems,like some medicines or smoking.
    I agree that you become immune to energy drinks. That's why I can drink one right before bed. I drink this on the morning and it perks me up. What can I say?