Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Elden Ring Trailer E3 2019 | George R.R. Martin & From Software Game

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Elden Ring Trailer E3 2019 | George R.R. Martin & From Software Game

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Worst trailer ever? Possibly. I don't know if I'll like this game or not, but I will probably check it out if I don't find out anything egregious to me it does (or doesn't do), but so far GRRM is batting 100% when it comes to games I dislike, electronic or otherwise. I hope he breaks this streak with this.

I was an early GRRM fan too. I have an email I wrote (and he replied back) him at the end of 2000 where I told him college wouldn't suck so bad if they assigned us ASOIAF instead of crap like Thoreau, Shakespeare and Dostoyevsky. He thanked me and disagreed with me, and now that I'm older (if not wiser) I can see I was wrong and am thankful I was forced to read the greats, and now enjoy reading them myself.

A Wildcards, or whatever the series he edited is called (Wild something) would make an interesting game.
    Viper482GdemamimazutJeffSpicoliMendelsnarre123
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    George isn't the driving force behind this. This is a From Software game through and through with some kind of lore/loose script provided by ol' George and that's his only involvement. It'll be souls-like.. because that's all From Software do these days. They do it well.
    ScotJeffSpicoliinfomatz
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    And? How many thrilling, enticing cinematics have we seen over the years? Only to have the gameplay be pedestrian and boring. When it gets to the point that there's actual gameplay footage, wake me up.
    bartoni33Mendel
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    George isn't the driving force behind this. This is a From Software game through and through with some kind of lore/loose script provided by ol' George and that's his only involvement. It'll be souls-like.. because that's all From Software do these days. They do it well.
    They probably paid him in part to have his name attached to the project xD
    Reel in some of that massive GoT fanbase
    Tokkenmazut

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• magelingmageling Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Trailer reveals nothing useful.... will see what later info reveals...
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I prob would not play this game.

Just like I tried Seriko, I cant get past the mobs, too hard for me =( getting too old or something. And there is no noob mode =(
    kertininfomatz

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    The name George RR Martin is getting about a bit, you would think he was the only fantasy author that has existed since Tolkien. This sums up the entertainment industry today from TV to gaming, overreliance on brands be they series, authors, directors.

As to the game itself lets wait until launch and see.
    [Deleted User]Mendelsaker
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Dragnelus said:

Just like I tried Seriko, I cant get past the mobs, too hard for me =( getting too old or something. And there is no noob mode =(

I agree, I really struggle with their games too, this is why I didn't even buy Seriko. But I do also think they should keep the difficulty, I love their art style and I think the fact that it is really hard is what appeals to a large part of their player-base, forcing the players to play on this difficulty is also an important part of the game design, hence the souls like game-play.
    bobbymcswanson
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    George is a amazing story teller but was Westeros and his "world building" really all that interesting ? Im a huge game of thrones fans but i read the books and watched the show every week for the story more than the world . Is From Software really known for their "story based" games ? Just seems like a weird partnership . Maybe this is just Hidetaka Miyazaki way to sneak Tits into his game.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Dragnelus said:

I should try sekiro, really I find all souls game difficulty over rated, only the iron king from DS2 was hard, the other are most just learn when to dodge and make use on they openings
    Gorwe
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Dragnelus said:

I should try sekiro, really I find all souls game difficulty over rated, only the iron king from DS2 was hard, the other are most just learn when to dodge and make use on they openings
    That's the difficulty, actually being able to dodge and make use of openings. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Wake me in three years when there's actually something game related to look at.  Anyone can hire an artist to make a video these days.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I wish I had noticed that this was a Kotaku video before clicking on it. Blech!!! I still don't know what the game is about after watching it so double fail.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yeah sadly i don't have any idea what the game is doing from that trailer.

If this is another one of those Souls type games as mentioned by other poster,count me out,those games are total rubbish.I want a FULL game ,those Souls games are like 5% of a game.
    Cyber_wasteland

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    R R Martin is attaching himself to a lot of crap...literal crap.  He better save his Fire and Ice series from the TV conclusion and stop all this side stuff.
  • AbhorerAbhorer Member UncommonPosts: 34
    It looks like something a bit different from what we, MMO'ers, are used to play. I don't mind if the name of GRRM is attached to it, the only I wish is a good game in a dark fashion, like this seems to be like.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    If this trailer is so vague (which it is... AF) how are some of you so sure it's trash???

I don't even know what to make of the trailer. It served no purpose. Was there some game play or story I missed in there? I'm pretty sure I was in "whut?" mode from start to finish. :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    So many of these comments make me laugh, Room is starting to small cynical some one open a window please.

George R. R. Martin and From Sofware, This is a fantasy overload. Soulsborne games will never leave my top 5 list, shit half of the clones can nestle in there to. So cant wait to see what this is all about.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The director has confirmed that it's a souls-like game.

“Elden Ring is a third-person action RPG with a fantasy setting. Gameplay-wise, it’s heavily based on Dark Souls. However, that doesn’t mean that it plays out in the same way. With a more open and vast environment, the way combat plays out becomes fundamentally different.”
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.