Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make Legendary Great Again

2»

Comments

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,788
    edited June 11
    Happens in MUDs all the time.   And they work nicely to be honest.

I don't see much of a reason for it to exist in an MMO that expects to reach a "large enough" community/active player count.   Essentially there will be a point where any system you make no matter what it is, will be ripped apart and turned into a walk through.   Once a system is 'solved' it mostly just becomes a grind, which is one of the reasons why getting into an MMO early is such an expensive hook. 

Essentially there becomes a point where even absurd systems end up getting turned into guides.   For instanced Pokemon has reached such a critical mass point that there are literally guides for how to manipulate the random number generator to whatever effect you want (by doing some utterly absurd things).
    Post edited by anemo on

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,884
    edited June 10
    There are no Legendary items any longer

Is it Legendary if everyone has one ...  Ironically these Legendary items have become ... Common
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Kyleran said:
    Entropia has legendary type items in a sense. Most items in entropia are limited items that will break with use. They usually have a markup to purchase.

Mid level and higher unlimited can just be repaired but cost a ton up front, usually, at least $100 to $8,000.

But they will save you money in the long run.

One item a friend uses rents for $300 a month. 
    Every time you bring this game up it makes my head hurt.  Some sort of weird,  rich person's playground / bizarro world which there aren't enough words to properly mock.

:D
    It isnt hard to understand, just attach real cash economy to in game currency. It is like EVE, you invest in a mining ship with leader skills, it increases overall isk return of all your accounts and overtime will pay itself back. 

In this game, you invest in unlimited items, it will essentially reduce your overall expenses. Same principle.

But you have to play a lot for that to happen. 
    Gdemami
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.