Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76: A Shot at Redemption?

Comments

• ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    How dare they try to make their game better by introducing new content at no cost ….

Bring it on.
    TokkenSovrathAeander
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    No
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2019
    I don't think they deserve commendation for building on their failure. Neither does Ubisoft or Hello Games.

It's more that EA deserves extra condemnation for abandoning their failures, because turning your live service into something worth playing (or fixing the thing you launched in a broken state) is a bare minimum expectation.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Aeander said:
    I don't think they deserve commendation for building on their failure. Neither does Ubisoft or Hello Games.

It's more that EA deserves extra condemnation for abandoning their failures, because turning your live service into something worth playing (or fixing the thing you launched in a broken state) is a bare minimum expectation.
    I reckon it comes down to when you bought into it. I knew it was going to be a disaster at launch, the signs were everywhere, so I completely avoided it. Months later, I got it cheap and what I got is well worth it. To me, it was never a failure... I just didn't buy into the launchbeta hype.
    Cryomatrix
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So is this the trend? Let's release a mess and if people complain we fix it and try again? That strategy has not been very effective in the past.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    As someone alluded to before, why buy on launch, if it is amazing when it launches you will know in a couple of days and can jump in without losing out, if it crap, then you will also know in a couple of days and figure out what you want to do.
    TacticalZombehTokken
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited June 2019
    This content should have been part of the game at release........ having said that, I may buy it now that it has evolved in a positive direction.
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    1. Added BR mode is something I'll just ignore like I did with Fortnite.
    2. A fun game I enjoy is getting a big update later this fall that will add a bunch to it. Excellent!
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    How dare they try to make their game better by introducing new content at no cost ….

Bring it on.
    I dunno when they are adding NPCs and people are cheering... (gaming in 2019)

Should I be impressed they got W to move you forward too?

No.

It's sad, pathetic and incompetent.

How dare they lie to everyone and launch a broken, buggy, mess with no NPCs in the first place. They knew this game was not ready and launched it anyway.

It's also embarrassing and insulting.

So embarrassing that one guy made a 3 hour video with over a 1000 glitches and bugs...

Watching the Bethesda E3 was insulting when they say they care and without the gamers, oh the gamers mean everything blah blah it's all corporate BS when you launch a game in the state Fallout 76 was in, YOU DON'T CARE. Stop insulting us by lying.

RexKushman

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited June 2019
    Fallout 76: Chance of redemption?

...Nope.

8 out of 10. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    As someone alluded to before, why buy on launch, if it is amazing when it launches you will know in a couple of days and can jump in without losing out, if it crap, then you will also know in a couple of days and figure out what you want to do.
    Its all about that dopamine bro

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    So is this the trend? Let's release a mess and if people complain we fix it and try again? That strategy has not been very effective in the past.
    I would argue that it is actually very successful. No Mans Sky and ESO completely turned themselves around and are widely successful. That's the reason dev's keep doing it. They don't have to spend as much, people buy it, and then with a steady source of income they rebuild the game into what it should have been

No - not even close when physical retail boxes are involved which is the case with Fallout76.

Making physical boxes is expensive especially when they dont sell. Retail outlets have contracts where the unsold copies need to be bought back by the publisher at full retail price if they remain unsold for a specified number of days noted in the contract.

Make no mistake Bethesda lost their ASS on unsold Fallout 76 retail boxes alone.

It's been s complete financial disaster for them so far - all this work now is just so they can recoup as much as they can so they can minimize the loss.

Meanwhile they have to keep paying  for staff and development while unsold boxes keep sitting on the shelves waiting to be bought back at full retail price by Bethesda......

Please don't say that this is successful..... unless losing tens of millions of dollars is now considered a success somehow?
    Maybe that's why they had cardboard CDs...

Image result for fallout 76 retail box

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

How dare they lie to everyone and launch a broken, buggy, mess with no NPCs in the first place. They knew this game was not ready and launched it anyway.

So embarrassing that one guy made a 3 hour video with over a 1000 glitches and bugs...

Watching the Bethesda E3 was insulting when they say they care and without the gamers, oh the gamers mean everything blah blah it's all corporate BS when you launch a game in the state Fallout 76 was in, YOU DON'T CARE. Stop insulting us by lying.

I'm sure there are a lot of games out there where one could make a video about "1000 glitches and bugs."

If one is the type to fret and wring their hands over glitches and bugs and not getting the game in their mind or at the very least concerned with how a game will launch then one should hold off on buying until the game is released.

I'm going to say that most people should do that. They will save themselves a lot of whinging time.

As far as Bethesda, they f***ed up. Now they are going to spend money making it right if they can.

If they didn't then they'd be crucified. Now that they are they are crucified. It's not that they have't done boneheaded things. But they made a product, it wasn't up to snuff and so they will now see if they can right it.

Good on them and if they can't right it then huge lesson right there.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    So , they will polish the pile of shit. Not buying it until I see the results. 

They won't be able to do it because they have always relied on modders to fix stuff for them so they are pretty much screwed.
    Tokken[Deleted User]

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    FO76, at this point there is likely nothing that can be done that will redeem the game, it remains a disgraceful reminder of Bethesda's perfidy. :/
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

I'm sure there are a lot of games out there where one could make a video about "1000 glitches and bugs."

If one is the type to fret and wring their hands over glitches and bugs and not getting the game in their mind or at the very least concerned with how a game will launch then one should hold off on buying until the game is released.

I'm going to say that most people should do that. They will save themselves a lot of whinging time.

As far as Bethesda, they f***ed up. Now they are going to spend money making it right if they can.

If they didn't then they'd be crucified. Now that they are they are crucified. It's not that they have't done boneheaded things. But they made a product, it wasn't up to snuff and so they will now see if they can right it.

I think most do hold off buying until release.

Unless pre-orders were literally the majority of copies sold.  Is that the case?

Let's be honest, there were outlets that went fairly easy on this game.  Misleadingly easy.  Gaslighting-ly easy (let's be honest, all games have glitches, but 1000+ bugs and glitches in no way qualifies as above average or even average).  So you can't place blame for this completely at the player's feet.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/481811/fallout-76-a-shot-at-redemption/p3#uvptYLG28SHojvV4.99

Name one.

Can you link a video of anything that comes even close?

Is it AAA full price with a $200 dollar collectors edition?

[Deleted User]

Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

Unless pre-orders were literally the majority of copies sold.  Is that the case?

Let's be honest, there were outlets that went fairly easy on this game.  Misleadingly easy.  Gaslighting-ly easy (let's be honest, all games have glitches, but 1000+ bugs and glitches in no way qualifies as above average or even average).  So you can't place blame for this completely at the player's feet.
    I do.

I saw the reviews and was pretty clear on what was released. Had people actually waited it would have been clear as well.

Now, the whole kerfuffle with the canvas bag is on them and was complete BS. Someone should have owned that and made it right from the start.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

edited June 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

I do.

I saw the reviews and was pretty clear on what was released. Had people actually waited it would have been clear as well.

Now, the whole kerfuffle with the canvas bag is on them and was complete BS. Someone should have owned that and made it right from the start.

Again, acting as if players are completely to blame is just not reality.

You can emphasize their share if you want, but I don't think there's a realistic argument to be made that the backlash Bethesda has received is bullshit because it's all gamers' faults.  Consumer backlash and negative publicity are two powerful consumer tools, so blaming players for using such tools seems....  Bizarre.
    Aeander[Deleted User][Deleted User]

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

I do.

You can emphasize their share if you want, but I don't think there's a realistic argument to be made that the backlash Bethesda has received is bullshit because it's all gamers' faults.  Consumer backlash and negative publicity are two powerful consumer tools, so blaming players for using such tools seems....  Bizarre.
    not completely but if people just didn't tossed money on garbage, chances for then launch garbage would be a lot lower, most of time and we can see it, devs launch unfinished games, with several bugs and game breaking problems, because they know tey will sell anyway, hell if people are spending money on skins in a promise they will have a game to use then why you belive devs would work on something worth of our time?

and lets get real here, don't matter how pretty or clean, or a nice bow you try to make, its s still a garbage with a nice bow and maybe stink less
    Sovrath[Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

I do.

I don't see why it's hard.

Game gets announced, people know about it. Game gets launched and people read the reviews/first impressions. They see that it's NOT what they wanted in a Fallout online game and they don't buy it OR they buy it just to see but go in prepared.

They don't spend money on the game, or very few do, and the company reassesses their product line.

edited June 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:

Bring it on.

No.

I do.

I don't see why it's hard.

Game gets announced, people know about it. Game gets launched and people read the reviews/first impressions. They see that it's NOT what they wanted in a Fallout online game and they don't buy it OR they buy it just to see but go in prepared.

They don't spend money on the game, or very few do, and the company reassesses their product line.
    And if we were living in a perfect world, and I drove home to cut my grass with a reel-type mower along a pristine white picket fence while my wife sets an apple pie on the window sill to cool, your scenario might be plausible.

But it's not reality.  Here in reality, if you've gained the trust of IP fans then you fuck them, they're gonna get angry with you.  And if your IP is popular enough, social proof, FOMO, and bandwagoning mixed with a marketing blitz WILL get a segment of gamers every time.  That's just reality.
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]Iselin[Deleted User]

• Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Eeeee.. by the way , where is balance? ... And WHEN?
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    In order for this game to be redeemed (or worth playing) in my eyes they would have to scrap all current systems and make the core systems actual FO style meaty rpg systems and not just tack on mainly superficial rpg elements only mainstream console gamers would consider to be good.  
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I will reinstall again. No promises it'll stay around though.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.