Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Check Out 15 Minutes of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Gameplay Demo

13»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2019

Looks like a (New)God of War/Tomb Raider/Last of Us/Uncharted type of game. Fairly linear story focus, high production values.. good gameplay is a bonus but not the whole point. Cinematic experience above all else.

I'm pretty disappointed, but not surprised. It looks entirely on rails, just like Force Unleashed and the campaign story in Battlefront 2. Apparently they think that's the only way to make a Star Wars game, on rails. Once again we are following a predetermined path where shit stands around waiting for you likea diorama, then jumps out at you like a haunted house, oogla boogla!

To think they actually canceled the open world Star Wars game for this? God forbid you live your own Star Wars Story, or one that can take different paths from play to play. I might pick this up for $4 next holiday sale since it's cheaper than a trip to Galaxies Edge at Disneyland. I guarantee the replayability of this game is zero for me.
    Alomar
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Tiller said:

Looks like a (New)God of War/Tomb Raider/Last of Us/Uncharted type of game. Fairly linear story focus, high production values.. good gameplay is a bonus but not the whole point. Cinematic experience above all else.

I'm pretty disappointed, but not surprised. It looks entirely on rails, just like Force Unleashed and the campaign story in Battlefront 2. Apparently they think that's the only way to make a Star Wars game, on rails. Once again we are following a predetermined path where shit stands around waiting for you likea diorama, then jumps out at you like a haunted house, oogla boogla!

To think they actually canceled the open world Star Wars game for this? God forbid you live your own Star Wars Story, or one that can take different paths from play to play. I might pick this up for $4 next holiday sale since it's cheaper than a trip to Galaxies Edge at Disneyland. I guarantee the replayability of this game is zero for me.
    Its EA, Making a graphically beautiful game with as little substance as possible is what they do.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Tiller said:

Its EA, Making a graphically beautiful game with as little substance as possible is what they do.
    Watching the stage show I got the impression for the developers faces they truly are not proud of what they were forced to make by EA and Disney lol. In fact the comments on the live stream on Youtube were so negative they shut them down for about 2 or 3 minutes to clean some of them up.
    JeffSpicoli
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    My impression is that it is just another platform-stalk-assassinate game with Star Wars dressing. I LIKE the little droid companion, but I wonder if there are options, maybe even a small biological companion. I wonder about the mapping and how many times you actually have to play a stage before you don't get killed.

Anyway, I'm looking for a co-op creative RPG with some serious AI and role-playing.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks fun to me.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Another flaw : "emotion" / Jedi's don't show emotion, so I beleive this might turn into a sith game.

Guy must be a grey Jedi, he's using Dark side powers, unless Disney changed the definition.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I am calling the real name of this game no matter what EA calls it...Star Wars Ghost Dog: Way of the Jedi.
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Gorwe said:
    Another flaw : "emotion" / Jedi's don't show emotion, so I beleive this might turn into a sith game.
    Has someone been filling your head with garbage again? They need to keep them in balance, under control as it were, not completely obliterate them. The "there is no..." version of Jedi Code isn't the real one.

Edit: With that said, that is the modern outlook on Jedi, so...I understand from where you're coming from.
    Also, this game takes place after Order 66, between Ep3 and Ep4 and before the events of Rogue One. The main character is a padawan who managed to escape the purge, not yet a jedi. So while he's obviously had training, he may be more in line with Rey, i.e. an adolescent/young adult who is in the process of discovering their attunement with the force. 
    Gorwe
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    when does EA lose the star wars IP? thats the only star wars headline that matters anymore.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    HelloGreedo's first impressions of playing it at E3.