Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Culture clash

2»

Comments

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Think there's still a learning curve going on that one.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited June 2019
    How much more simple would our world be if we could just be happy with our preferences and not try to exaggerate its importance?

If you can't find a game you like now, you're not trying hard enough.
    So to summarize your two posts, as Rodney King said, "Why can't we all just get along?"

First, most people if they are being honest hold their own opinion in the highest regard. So they relate best to those who share similar, and argue with others who deny the simple universal "truths" they hold so dear.

What happens here is forum "PVP" where we endlessly battle against others with definitions, logic fallacies, hyperbole, sarcasm, irony, and on occasion,  contempt laced with vitrol.

It's not personal, few of us know each other in real life, we are just internet persona's projected here for entertainment, much as an actor does in a film role.

I mean, I'm sure @Ungood isn't such an impassioned, opinionated arse who is usually wrong in real life. Just kidding buddy, you know I don't mean it, right? ;)

I've enjoyed posting and debating about games here for many years, and while some agree with my views, I've come to understand by an large I'm the one really out of step with the mainstream market.

It's OK, not everyone can be as enlightened as me, after all, as Syndrome once said, "when everyone's super, no one will be."

I enjoy the view from up here on my high horse, but it sort of hurts when people keep pushing me off.

B)

UngoodVermillion_RaventhalAlBQuirkySteelhelm

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon