Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    New design of wip space station 

Seems to be hangars on the edge if so quite the scale they're going for
    KyleranPhry
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Any closer to a full fledge beta?

Jamar870 said:
    Any closer to a full fledge beta?

Considering the roadmaps: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen the alpha updates will continue throughout and beyond 2020, SQ42 set to come first as SC is much more work is attempting 2020 BETA but might very well drag to next year pushbacks considered.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    ARE WE THERE YET ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Elsabolts said:
    ARE WE THERE YET ?
    Maybe another 2-3 years for SQ42 beta and SC will be perpetual pre alpha to try and avoid criticism while pushing thousand dollar ship sales
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    MaxBacon said:
    With Microtech being the next major planet being added to the game, the cyberpunk fashion concepts to fit its lore, animated clothing at that what is cool,  some peaks shown:

If i was an alien species planning an invasion, this would be the world I blow up first.  Bunch of millenial posers.
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Meanwhile more ship sales and empty promises.
    Odeezee
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Meanwhile more ship sales and empty promises.
    Whatever the market is willing to bear....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Dvora said:
    If i was an alien species planning an invasion, this would be the world I blow up first.  Bunch of millenial posers.
    iTs tHe fUtUrE mAn
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    New ATV

And new patch deployed:

Star Citizen Patch 3.6.1

Alpha Patch 3.6.1 has been released to LIVE and is now available!  Patch should now show: LIVE-2437696

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.

Database Persistence Wipe: YES

New Launcher

We are using a new, unified launcher (version 1.2.0). You can download the new launcher here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download

Known Issues

• Recently claimed ships may show as “locked” on the VMA. W/A: App switch or reopen to refresh.
    • 600i interior elevator doors do not open unless the ship is unlocked.
    • Reclaimer interior doors do not open unless the ship is unlocked.
    • The forward lift on the Reclaimer sometimes has collision issues causing damage to the player or the player to fall out.
    • Wheel and suspension animations are not working on wheeled vehicles.
    • VOIP may not be functioning at release, but we are looking into a server side hotfix.

Feature Updates

General

• Updated audio for size 3 ballistic cannons and Ballista missiles.
    • Updated FOIP camera selection with “camera mode” which includes the choice of camera, resolution, framerate, and color space. Recommended modes are marked with a “*” and modes below 320 or above 1920 are excluded.

Universe

• Added Ballista class missiles to Centermass store.
    • Brought down the number of AI security reinforcements to avoid accumulation of AI ships.
    • Increased the ship detection commodity buying radius for some stash houses.

Missions

• Updated probability volume to lower the frequency of AI service beacons.

UI

• Disabled pitch ladder for ground vehicles.
    • Added HUD warning message for security encounter.
    • VOIP UI “speaking” notification now ignores players who are out of range.

FPS

• Raised the P8SC sight attachment point.

Ships and Vehicles

• Updated dimensions for Freelancer Max and Vanguard to better select landing pads/hangars.
    • Temporarily removed the VTOL animation from the Cutlass to restore forward/reverse strafing when in hover mode.

Major Bug Fixes

• Players should no longer experience a dramatic framerate drop when in 1st person.
    • Fixed missing orbital markers at multiple locations.
    • Updated armor tagging for Star Marine so the outlaws now have a complete set.
    • Fixed an issue causing tire trail VFX for the Ballista to not appear.
    • All crew members of the Ballista should now have ship computer audio.
    • Holding LMB should now work to quick place carried items.
    • Security attacking the player should now be flagged as hostile.
    • The UI should now show correct numbers for weapons when not wearing a helmet.
    • The camera should no longer appear to be inside the player’s head when respawning in Star Marine.
    • Players should no longer experience an infinite loading screen when logging into the PU.
    • Fixed an issue causing bounty type missions to appear in the same areas around GrimHex.
    • Fixed an issue where the REC total wasn’t displaying at the top of the screen on the Arena Commander menu.
    • Destroying an enemy ship when in the presence of security should no longer cause a crimestat.
    • Fixed an issue where mineable asteroids could be detected at much longer ranges than intended.
    • Modified shield proxy for Reclaimer to fix shield holes.
    • Ruto’s appointment mission should no longer be offered before the player completes the prerequisite mission.
    • Fixed an issue where missiles were not inheriting velocity.
    • Players should no longer get stuck on a black screen after death.
    • Ships should no longer be missing components upon insurance claim return.
    • There should no longer be excess AI ships around GrimHex, lowering local FPS.
    • Switching genders in the character customizer should no longer cause a skin tone mismatch.
    • Vehicles should now be able to be repaired and restocked at Lorville and Levski.
    • Secondary quantum travel route jump points should no longer be obstructed when traveling to a planetary body.
    • Mission givers should be in their correct positions and functioning.
    • Emissions should now display properly on MFD and support screens.
    • There should no longer be a floating boxing ring just outside of Lorville.
    • Players should no long stare at a black screen when attempting to respawn.
    • Fixed an issue that caused ship repairs to not work when degradation was present.
    • Fixed an issue where Pro Tem bounties would spawn inside asteroids.
    • Players should no longer get stuck on an infinite loading screen when entering the PU.
    • Repair costs should no longer be exceedingly high when degradation is present.
    • Players should no longer see pink or purple graphical issues around ArcCorp if they updated to the latest drivers.
    • Players should now be able to purchase commodities at Hurston moon outposts.
    • Players should now have their ships detected once landed at CRU-L5.
    • The player’s ship should no longer explode when quantum traveling to a party member in atmosphere.
    • Mission description and contractor are now placed in the correct fields on the mobiGlas.
    • Fixed an issue causing some optics to be not sighted in correctly.
    • Restock should work consistently for all ground vehicles.
    • Lawful missions should no longer appear on GrimHex if the player has a crimestat.
    • Fixed an issue where VOIP did not automatically connect the client back to proximity chat after disconnecting from a direct call or party chat.
    • Removed emotes from falling to fix using them to avoid falling damage.

Technical

• Fixed 10 client crashes.
    • Fixed 4 server crashes.
    • Fixed a memory leak.
    edited August 2019
    UI team is doing some great work for the interfacing of many things. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2aIff9Gg1Q

I like UI bits it's such a core piece of any game people tend to ignore, a bad UI is always a wonky experience.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    The August 2019 Reports:

Star Citizen:

(and to give some points for discussion for our "greatest SC fans" ;-D  - what do you think about the Banu cuisine that the Narrative team is (also) working on  ;-) ? )

Squadron 42:

(with my new favorite SC quote : "An’ I’m only doing good when I’m havin’ fun."  ;-) )

Have fun  (which i have ;-) )

edited September 2019

That's the peak at the upcoming modular station's interiors, top being food court area, aka space malls. on monthly report currently set for 3.8
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    MaxBacon said:

That's the peak at the upcoming modular station's interiors, top being food court area, aka space malls. on monthly report currently set for 3.8
    No holografic trees like in the space malls in SWTOR ;-)

Have fun
    MaxBacon
    edited September 2019
    Summary of the ships & ship features long vid that was posted

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d4mjqu/a_summary_of_star_citizen_live_all_things_flyable/

Q01) How do they plan to balance fuel usage and range for capital ships, like the 890 Jump, that are designed for long-distance touring? [01:32]

Q02) Will the upcoming Ship-to-Ship Docking feature include the Constellation snub docking, or the Caterpillar's command section detachment? [03:44]

Q03) Are there any plans to allow pilots to get up from their seats without deactivating engines or propulsion? [05:15]

Q04) Will the 890 Jump receive the two additional dedicated Point Defence Turrets? [06:12]

Q05) With the new Proximity Assist feature coming online, how does it differ/improve upon Hover Mode? Does it replace Hover Mode or is it meant to compliment it? [08:00]

Q06) Will the 890 Jump's existing weapons be sized-up one level to be on-par with smaller ships like the Constellation, the 600i, and the Corsair? [12:35]

Q07) Ships like the Buccaneer and the 325 are supposed to be "Interdictors" but don't have any EMP stock, distortion weapons, or speed advantages over light fighters. What attributes separate an Interdictor from a light fighter or any other role? [14:30]

Q08) What will be the advantage of rotating thrusters on smaller ships like the Reliant, the Cutlass, and the Terrapin, if all ships seem to be capable of hovering in-place? [16:06]

Q09) Why do you hate Drake ships? [16:29]

Q10) Are there any updates on the Banu Defender/Banu Merchantman "interplay"? [18:59]

Q11) How do you envision the AR cockpit on the Vanguard Sentinel working and affecting the Sentinel in-combat? How will it work compared to the Battle Bridge on the 890 Jump? [19:32]

Q12) When can we have physical ship components? [23:46]

Q13) Why do boxes fall through the floors inside ships? What is being done to prevent/fix this? [25:54]

Q14) When will cargo pods on certain ships be usable for missions? For example, the Hornet cargo pod being usable for retrieving the black box after completing an NPC mission, or the "saddlebags" on the Prospector. [28:20]

Q15) Is the ability to change the Vanguard's nose mount coming in 3.7? [30:22]

Q16) With the release of the 890 Jump, and the existing 600i and Constellation Phoenix, are there any plans to add VIP passenger transport missions or mechanics to make use of the upscale adornments and amenities of these ships? [31:15]

Q17) Auto-gimbals are intended to help new Players, but many starter ships can't use them effectively due to the weapon gimbal sizing mechanic. Are there any changes planned for auto-gimbals or for this mechanic? [32:31]

Q18) Why would two Players choose to fly in a Hurricane, instead of taking two ships which would give them more firepower, unpredictability, greater manoeuvrability, and the ability to surround a target? [34:34]

Q19) What are their current plans and/or ideas about being able to further customise ships with loadouts, colours, decals, and so on? [36:42]

Q20) Will the way we Quantum Travel in-and-out of atmosphere change in any way? Are they happy with how it is now? [38:20]

Q21) Are you happy with the current Flight Model? [40:41]

Q22) Will there be retractable turrets for the Vanguards in 3.7? [46:55]

Q23) Are they happy with the Retaliator? [49:11

Q24) Are they happy with ESP? (Enhanced Stick Precision - thanks Star Citizen Tools) Are there any plans to change it in the future? [52:38]

Q25) As the Vanduul ships are needed for Squadron 42, are we likely to see any bug fixes and/or updates to the Scythe, the Glaive, or the Blade in the near future? [55:21]

Q26) Are there going to be any changes to the 600i after the release of the 890 Jump? [57:10]

Q27) Are there any plans to fix the flying behaviour of ships like the Razor series, the P52, and the P72, which cannot currently turn at speeds above 100m/s? [58:10]

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Much good, very WOW.

>:) 
    Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited September 2019
    Last dev update showcases the new 3.7 gameplay features of FPS Mining.

Besides that Multi tool attachments. glow sticks. new torchlight. loot inside caves besides mining. FPS asteroid mining & Harvestable plants.

One small yet a big feature of 3.7 is mission sharing, this will give a proper gameplay loop to partying up together and undertaking missions.
    Kyleran
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Haven't verified it myself but I saw it claimed that you would need to mine and sell 500 individual pieces of rock to earn the same as a single combat mission and 200,000 of them to buy a spaceship.

I guess the question is; why even bother?
    Babuinix
    Haven't verified it myself but I saw it claimed that you would need to mine and sell 500 individual pieces of rock to earn the same as a single combat mission and 200,000 of them to buy a spaceship.

I guess the question is ... does rpmcmurphy understand what mission balancing is during an Alpha test phase? That no rewards are final at this time?

At the moment all prices and rewards can still be adjusted so earnings per hour can be comparable between mining and combat. From experience i expect mining to yield a bit less than combat.

And if you ask the question of "Why even bother?" e.g. in EVE Online, you will find out that there are people that enjoy mining, even if it gives significantly lower rewards than combat. Kinda like a Zen like experience. 

Have fun

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Erillion said:

I guess the question is ... does rpmcmurphy understand what mission balancing is during an Alpha test phase? That no rewards are final at this time?

At the moment all prices and rewards can still be adjusted so earnings per hour can be comparable between mining and combat. From experience i expect mining to yield a bit less than combat.

And if you ask the question of "Why even bother?" e.g. in EVE Online, you will find out that there are people that enjoy mining, even if it gives significantly lower rewards than combat. Kinda like a Zen like experience. 

Have fun

I have to agree with you here. At this point, asking "why bother" is asinine. It's in Alpha...people on this site keep commenting as if an Alpha is the end of the development cycle, it's not, not even close. Things are going to change...they have not even begun hard balance passes, and there is so much left to do. Anyway.

Mining was my favorite activity in Eve...by a long shot. As a matter of fact, I would like to play SC for the mining and salvage gameplay. That is it. Galactic Janitor if you will.

ErillionBabuinixKyleran

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Gotta go with the flyboys here.  People like all sorts of different things in their games; good idea to support as many as you can.  And space mining is a bit iconic.

Just cross your fingers that it's not an eleventh hour retrofit mechanic.
    gervaise1

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

edited October 2019
    Warm up those Tachyon Cannons !

"[3.7 PTU Feedback] Banu Defender

Greetings,

The Banu Defender is ready to test! The Defender is a fighter first and foremost, so be sure to test it in combat scenarios and let us know how it performs in terms of handling, durability, and firepower. We have also limited the Tachyon cannons to be a Defender specialty weapon that only it can use, though it can also use other human weapons as well. Some slight balance adjustments were made to the Tachyon cannons to reflect this.

Let us know below how the entire package is working!

-Baior
    Lead Player Experience Analyst"

*** cue Top Gun "Danger Zone" music ***

Have fun

Kyleran