Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Check Out 15 Minutes of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Gameplay Demo

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Check Out 15 Minutes of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Gameplay Demo

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2019
    What's with the sort of bent-knee walking, running? Combat looks pretty sweet though and sound effects are spot on. It definitely has a Star Wars feel to it.
    SaltyDog79Roinbartoni33jgDuffaykgsavatarAmathe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2019
    People in chat are saying it looks boring. Honestly I wish they hadn't canceled 1313. We need more bounty hunter stories. But as always they think Jedi sells more games.
    LeiHngWeiHatefull[Deleted User]BakgrindRich84
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    I would say that the bent-knee thing is an alpha type issue and will be polished out by release. But, one can never say never. Game play does have the look and feel of SW universe, but not to crazy about the droid on the back side kick. Maybe it's just for that mission? Guess we shall see. It is good to finally see a single player game from the SW library finally get released instead of the EA's vision of multiplayer only.
    SBFord
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looks like The Force Unleashed and Battlefront 2 DLC. Still, it's on my radar. Nice smooth demo.
    retiredmj

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It looks like Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War
    Remember my wish regarding that on these very forums? 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Bakgrind said:
    I would say that the bent-knee thing is an alpha type issue and will be polished out by release. But, one can never say never. Game play does have the look and feel of SW universe, but not to crazy about the droid on the back side kick. Maybe it's just for that mission? Guess we shall see. It is good to finally see a single player game from the SW library finally get released instead of the EA's vision of multiplayer only.
    When I saw the droid on his back all I could think about was that it was probably there for toy sales.  Didn't bother me to much though even when he used the droid for healing.
    SBFord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It looks like Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War
    Remember my wish regarding that on these very forums? 
    Your influence is being felt my friend =)
    The Force was strong with that one!  :#
    Octagon7711infomatz
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    The only interesting part is the story of Rogue One characters - because it's actually great movie. Gameplay doesn't look terribly exciting, just like costumes and animations.
    retiredmjAlomar

Thank you for your time!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Looks good. Will definitely keep an eye on it
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    At least this one has made it to having an official demo clip.
    It's made it further than it's canceled cousins.
    Octagon7711Hatefull
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Will it have more to do then Anthem that was such a buggy flop :(.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    so Cameron Monaghan gets to be a Jedi, looks like a decent game (alpha footage)
    k61977
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I never thought i would preorder EA game.
    But THIS ! THIS could be the one.
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I would say is too early to judge the whole game for what it was shown and that "Alpha Game Footage" tag kinda worries me, since it gives them a free pass to downgrade it (and in rare occasions upgrade it) in the final built but since is coming from Respawn, i'll keep my hopes up.

Definitely something to look forward to and remains to be seen if EA will keep their word in not adding any lootboxes and microtransactions to the game.
    Octagon7711
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks ok but this is 1990's game design.

I am so tired of single player linear lane games.The enemy AI looks like a 5 year old designed it,way too easy and looks dumb with them just running in the open straight at you ,not even firing.
    So it ends up like all those cheap one dimensional games,fighting some boss in a small room/hallway then back to moving around and killing easy AI fodder.
    There is no reason for anything,you hit a certain spot so the enemy comes charging.

"you sure you want to plug in to this thing"....well if you don't your game is done,a big wall blocking your way.

I guess if you never played one of these linear games before you might like it,i been there done that a hundred times,i need open world gaming,not run through rooms boss,run through rooms boss ....zzzzzzzzzzz
    Octagon7711DavodtheTutt

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    It looks pretty boring to me. This isn't my style of game really so I probably would not like it in any event. The combat looked clunky to me however, that may be due to the demonstrator using a controller. Hard pass, another IP disappointment.
    Rich84

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    I really hope it isn't one path only every level. But other than that looks pretty decent SO FAR.
  • sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    is it me or it looks like boring shit game?
    HatefullRich84TillerAlomarbcbully
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks like a (New)God of War/Tomb Raider/Last of Us/Uncharted type of game. Fairly linear story focus, high production values.. good gameplay is a bonus but not the whole point. Cinematic experience above all else.
    Hatefull
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Looks like toned down Force Unleashed. AI is dumb as a brick, which is a shame. Atmosphere and sound effects are great though. Meh, might get it in sale sometime, nothing to renew my SW hype sadly.
    He had some nice moves.  He used slow on the blaster bolts and even even force pulled a trooper into the bolt he had fired.  In Unleashed the lightsaber interacted with the environment more  leaving saber burns all over the place which this didn't do.  Plus it was to short to experience the lead characters personality.  Still to early to tell on this early version.
    Hatefull

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Force Unleashed 3.0
    Octagon7711Xarko
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    when it first started and I saw the cutscene with them before he went to save the wookies I thought it looked terrible. Gameplay looks ok though. I will need to see a lot more before I buy into this especially after anthem.