Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

13»

Comments

  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I thought maybe he just ate supermarket sushi
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,076
    I was about to say "10 years too late" because the original Bioware team is no longer around to make a 2nd sequel to the great series. Then I saw that Larian Studios will be making it and I'm really kinda hyped! Those Belgian peeps know how to make their RPGs and add tons of humor to it.

    AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD FX-8350 ~4.0Ghz
    32Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (GEiL/Corsair)
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 4Gb + 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

  • maytegarciamaytegarcia Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Nice
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,102
    azarhal said:
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    Gorwe said:
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.
    It will be based on 5e rules.
    Well...I suspected it'd use the 5e. Am not completely sold on that tbh. What do you people think about it?
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,495
    Boo!

    Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Gorwe said:
    azarhal said:
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    Gorwe said:
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.
    It will be based on 5e rules.
    Well...I suspected it'd use the 5e. Am not completely sold on that tbh. What do you people think about it?
    Generally speaking as a AD&D long time player, its horrible, 3.5 would have been better though my own favourite is 2nd edition, the 5e version is just not worth it. :/
    TorvalGorwe
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,670
    azarhal said:
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    The wiki entries for the Illithid are very interesting. I hadn't read those before. Lots of great stuff in there.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

    It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • WBadgerWBadger Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 
    I'm happier with Larian getting BG3 then Beamdog.  At least Larian has interesting ideas of how to do RPGs.  If they can at least make a fun game without bastardizing any of our iconic characters, I'm content with BG3 since realistically I don't think there's  a whole lot of other RPG studios that would get the green light to go through with it.
  • whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 22
    The first 10 seconds in the video, I thought I saw Sandor Clegane.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,916
    WBadger said:
    Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 
    I'm happier with Larian getting BG3 then Beamdog.  At least Larian has interesting ideas of how to do RPGs.  If they can at least make a fun game without bastardizing any of our iconic characters, I'm content with BG3 since realistically I don't think there's  a whole lot of other RPG studios that would get the green light to go through with it.
    I personally thought the story in Divinity original sin 2 was fantastic. Divinity Original sins story was terrible however
    GorweXarktard
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,629
    Not often I can say this, but damn I am HYPED. If anyone today can honor the legacy of BG series, it would be Larian; who in my opinion (with Divinity: original sin 2) made the first rpg to beat BG2.
    Some say they are not as strong on story, but compared to whom? Old Bioware doesn't exist anymore. But in any case there are lots of other important factors to a good rpg, so as long as it is better story than Diablo3 :D

    On a side note, this quote is what I want to hear from mmorpg developers (and obviously deliver on as well):
    "We're all about creating reactive, systemic worlds that respect player agency" .. Though it is also nice to hear for a rpg.
    SovrathArterius
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,302
    Maybe this will lead on to a Baldur's Gate MMO one day.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 339

    Corthala said:

    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?




    Not shapeshifting. You witnessed ceremorphosis. Essentially a 10 year old Illithid baby parasite transforming its host into an adult illithid.
    Torval
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,900
    nyxium said:
    Maybe this will lead on to a Baldur's Gate MMO one day.
    Well if it has 3 player co-op like Destiny don't be surprised when they call it one.
    Scorchien

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,351
    edited June 7
    Gorwe said:
    azarhal said:
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    Gorwe said:
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.
    It will be based on 5e rules.
    Well...I suspected it'd use the 5e. Am not completely sold on that tbh. What do you people think about it?
    It's my favorite version personally. Saying that, there are issues with it being turned into a video game as it focus more on role-playing a character than playing a stats-sheet which might not translate that well into a video game as many things are left to the DM/Players to decide during a session.

     But my take is that people who don't actually know the pnp versions (aka only play the video games) are going to believe that they took stuff from both BG2 and NWN to make BG3.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,285
    Arterius said:
    WBadger said:
    Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 
    I'm happier with Larian getting BG3 then Beamdog.  At least Larian has interesting ideas of how to do RPGs.  If they can at least make a fun game without bastardizing any of our iconic characters, I'm content with BG3 since realistically I don't think there's  a whole lot of other RPG studios that would get the green light to go through with it.
    I personally thought the story in Divinity original sin 2 was fantastic. Divinity Original sins story was terrible however
    Agree, but all the big reveals in OS2 were so much better if you'd played OS1.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,102
    Phry said:
    Gorwe said:
    azarhal said:
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    Gorwe said:
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.
    It will be based on 5e rules.
    Well...I suspected it'd use the 5e. Am not completely sold on that tbh. What do you people think about it?
    Generally speaking as a AD&D long time player, its horrible, 3.5 would have been better though my own favourite is 2nd edition, the 5e version is just not worth it. :/
    Care to elaborate more?

    Arterius said:
    WBadger said:
    Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 
    I'm happier with Larian getting BG3 then Beamdog.  At least Larian has interesting ideas of how to do RPGs.  If they can at least make a fun game without bastardizing any of our iconic characters, I'm content with BG3 since realistically I don't think there's  a whole lot of other RPG studios that would get the green light to go through with it.
    I personally thought the story in Divinity original sin 2 was fantastic. Divinity Original sins story was terrible however
    Well, yes. D:OS 1 is simply super cringe when it comes to story. It's practically one awkward, cringy plot point after another. But then they hired Chris Avellone for D:OS 2 and it became really better, more interesting.

    I'm just afraid Chris won't write the BG3. That'd be a huge blow. But if they create a passable, non annoying story with a good gameplay and one that doesn't ruin BG characters...I'll be satisfied. Basically, D:OS 1 without all the cringe.
    Arterius
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,619
    I really like larian .... Really really wish they would remaster or do a follow-up to the original Divine Divinity.
    lahnmir
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,835
    SlyLoK said:
    I really like larian .... Really really wish they would remaster or do a follow-up to the original Divine Divinity.
    They did, they called it Beyond Divinity and changed pretty much everything about it, and not for the good. That first one though? Man, I’ve been following Larian ever since.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SlyLoKTorval
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,619
    lahnmir said:
    SlyLoK said:
    I really like larian .... Really really wish they would remaster or do a follow-up to the original Divine Divinity.
    They did, they called it Beyond Divinity and changed pretty much everything about it, and not for the good. That first one though? Man, I’ve been following Larian ever since.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah that one sucked. The first one was amazing.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
    edited June 7
    I'm more interested in the new Tales game thats going to be shown at E3 'Tales of Arise' or
    George RR Martin's new game 'Elden Ring' 
    These will see the light of day before BG3 will but I tell ya this is a good time to be a gamer. So many titles being developed for all kinds of gamers! 
    TorvalSlyLoK

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,931
    This is awesome. I loved the shit out of the first BGs and Larian doing it is just icing on the cake. I'm a big fan of how they've revitalized the turn-based RPGs.

    A question though... I haven't really kept up with the D&D editions but have read grumblings from fans over the years. How are the recent versions compared to those they used in the original BG games?
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,822
    I threw up in my mouth a little.

    Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, BDO, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, Fallen Earth, FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MxO, Neverwinter, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, Shadowbane, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...and a bunch of others not worth mentioning.


    Joined - July 2004

Sign In or Register to comment.