Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oof.. k cancelled my subscription. Enjoy this broken game.

skiidzmanskiidzman Member UncommonPosts: 28
I'll be sure to let the door hit me on the way out as a reminder of how broken and poorly supported this game is.

Good grief.

ReizlaIselin[Deleted User]mbrodieKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]NephethMaurgrimsumdumguy1

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    can i have your stuff plz
    [Deleted User]gervaise1Scot[Deleted User]
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Don't forget to turn off the light before you slam that door!
    [Deleted User]gervaise1[Deleted User]
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Arterius said:
    Your the guy who complained about playing ESO for a thousand hours in the span of a few months right?
    Yup. Obsessively played the game, claimed they didn't like it, played it more apparently, now claims they are quitting.

Might see a post in another month about how they are "quitting for reals this time". 
    [Deleted User]KyleranOctagon7711SBFordgervaise1SlyLoKtweedledumb99
  • FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited June 2019
    I like the guys on steam where you see them complaning how bad the game realy is.

then they have 2000+ hours played.

Why the heck are you playing a game that long for if its so bad? I will always say ESO is a good game whether i quit or not.

Octagon7711SBFordKylerangervaise1Sovrath[Deleted User]SlyLoKtweedledumb99
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Couldn't complete Maelstrom Arena and rage quit.
    RexKushmanSBFordgervaise1[Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    To be fair, he is only saying he is cancelling his subscription, not quiting playing.
    Kyleranpsychosiz1[Deleted User]sumdumguy1
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'm worried about that door. 
    [Deleted User]SBFordgervaise1[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    Cancelled a subscription to a game that doesn't require a subscription to play......ok then. This deserves to be a contender for troll post of the year Suzie.
    Kylerangervaise1[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    skiidzman said:
    I'll be sure to let the door hit me on the way out as a reminder of how broken and poorly supported this game is.

Good grief.

Yet another thread you have made. Yes we get it. You bought the game in - April was it. Played for a some hundreds of hours. The devs didn't follow you around to instantly fix the bugs you reported (kudos for reporting them btw). Got bored / fed up. Left. Doesn't surprise me - I have said many times people will probably get bored with ESO long before they finish the content. Its a big game. 

Fine.

If a game is that bad I doubt I would play for an hour. The fact that you did suggests it is "worth a look". The fact that you now post and post and post - seriously I suggest you get over it, move on, play another game. Life is to short.
    Nephethpsychosiz1
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    "A real gamer" would delete all of their characters, asking Zeni to close the account permanently and remove their name from any further mailings.

Pretty much what I did 3 weeks after launch when they declined to refund my purchase saying I had played too much already. (I had a single level 35 DK)

I might have harbored no long term ill will if not for the fact others,  especially in the EU were being granted refunds because, you know, legal reasons.

Told them at the time never again would I buy or play a Zenimax game. (Bethesda FO titles don't count)

;)

ConstantineMerusSovrathgervaise1SlyLoK

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited June 2019
    I've always been to lazy to ask for refunds, instead I just collect them and stick them into my bad game hall of fame.

I even have a box copy of Fury in there.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    Well he rasied a smile, we can thank him for that. :)
    SBFordgunklacker
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited June 2019
    FishForce said:
    I like the guys on steam where you see them complaning how bad the game realy is.

Why the heck are you playing a game that long for if its so bad? I will always say ESO is a good game whether i quit or not.

Because the genre is lacking for decent choices, especially if you are a PvPer and want active servers to play on.

This is not out of the ordinary, or suspect in the least.  Them playing so long means they are better informed than many here in regards to the issues the game has.

Games often feel good, until you get to end game and sit there for a while... then the cracks start to show.  But, by then, many people are too invested to quit (time investment, monetary investment in DLC/Expansions/Store Content, etc.) - so they stick around for a while hoping it will improve.

Look at all the people who play WoW, FFXIV, GW2, etc. who do the same thing.  Complain about the game's problems, yet they still play it.

Same reasons.

Not sure why you see anything odd about that.  It has ALWAYS been this way, and that behavioral pattern is 100% normal.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    That's it for me, tattoos are so dumb. I regret getting any. Enjoy your body art, I'm getting these covered up!

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Kyleran said:
    "A real gamer" would delete all of their characters, asking Zeni to close the account permanently and remove their name from any further mailings.

Pretty much what I did 3 weeks after launch when they declined to refund my purchase saying I had played too much already. (I had a single level 35 DK)

I might have harbored no long term ill will if not for the fact others,  especially in the EU were being granted refunds because, you know, legal reasons.

Told them at the time never again would I buy or play a Zenimax game. (Bethesda FO titles don't count)

;)

That's typically what I do.

Did that with Lineage II.  Deleted everything.  Billions of Adena.  +15 R99 weapons and armor sets.  Main characters and level 101+ Boxed Buffers/Healers.  Then I deleted the NCSoft accounts and have never looked back.

Same with FFXIV.  Deleted the Accounts.  Game was boring as sin, to me...  Worse than WoW, but without the fun BGs.

I'll probably do the same with my ESO account, since I never play the game anymore, and don't really feel like wasting money on Expansions/DLC for it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is a totally different type of gamer from the old school mmorpg gamers of the UO,EQ1 and FFXI era.

Now a days people seem to want simple,hand holding,rewards all the time.Play Destiny or some shooter game,drops loot,.The ONLY change i see in gamer's from one to the other is some only care about pvp.

What seems to be extremely rare is people looking to immerse themselves within a world.Everything is about Boss/Raid/Pvp/rewards,nobody is playing for fun,if you even mention the term fun,they call you a noob.

Another sad aspect is that gamer's don't really want to work with others,they are still selfish,they only use the others to achieve their selfish goals.hence why so many single players designs are so popular.

I have never changed my ideals for rpg gaming and if nobody wants to make another FFXI,a better updated version,then i simply won't play this new crap.It took me about 5 minutes to realize that TESO was not going to be a game i could like.I have given some games way more time than they deserve,like Wow,Gw2,they did not deserve the time i allotted them.I did not mind FFXIV too much because it was a nice looking game,offered some new ideas but not something i would spend years playing like i did with FFXI.

There is absolutely NOTHING on the horizon,mmorpg's are truly dead,devs are trying to change them into mixed genres and single player games.With a whole new age,a new mindset for game design,i think the old school mmorpg's might be gone forever and no i do not expect Pantheon to reignite the flame.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    FishForce said:

It's an inherent issue that you run into when you put that much time into any game. In the beginning the small issues don't matter, and you are more willing to forgive devs for whatever you don't really like about the game because it's new enough and you are probably having fun. Once you get to the 2k+ hour played time range in a game, every single little issue makes you hate the game more and more because of how long you have been playing it and you are still noticing them.

I'm convinced most people who have that much time in a game, will tell you about all the things they don't like before they tell you about what made it good enough for them to play it that long.
    gervaise1
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    FishForce said:

It's an inherent issue that you run into when you put that much time into any game. In the beginning the small issues don't matter, and you are more willing to forgive devs for whatever you don't really like about the game because it's new enough and you are probably having fun. Once you get to the 2k+ hour played time range in a game, every single little issue makes you hate the game more and more because of how long you have been playing it and you are still noticing them.

I'm convinced most people who have that much time in a game, will tell you about all the things they don't like before they tell you about what made it good enough for them to play it that long.
    So you're saying it's kind of like a marriage?
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED