Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online to End Service on September 9th - MMORPG.com

Comments

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    So I guess that means no Mystic?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    *takes deep breath*

THANK YOU NEOWIIIIIIIIIIIIZ!!!!!!  :D :D :D

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    goboygo said:
    Stizzled said:
    Another Asian MMO bites the dust, what a surprise. Sucks for the few that enjoyed the game and stuck with it.

Which will be the next Asian MMO to get hyped up for no reason and then fail horribly?
    Why just Asian? With the number of actual mmorpgs left on the market being pretty low are we not past the East or West thing? ;)
    Because they build their games to fail in the West and keep releasing them here.
    You mean like Lineage 2? or FFXI? or FFXIV? or BDO? or Maplestory? Or many others? 
     The West have just as many failures and perpetrators of bad business practice as the East.  
    If not more, and at least with games from the East you get a level attention to little things that their Western counterparts don't have.
    [Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    I'm going to miss my Mage who i couldn't level past 10-15 because the rest of the game was not very enjoyable. But mages were pretty fun.

I hope Bless Unleashed is a better game. Looking forward to casting spells there too.

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    AKA they milked the Western players as much as they could [as everyone thought they'd be doing] and will now focus entirely on milking the console market.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    DMKano said:
    I still remember the streamer who started crying once he realized what hot garbage the western version of Bless turned out to be after all the broken promises about end game content.

Classic moment.
    What? Is there a video of that? Cause damn, i gotta see it.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Asch126 said:
    AKA they milked the Western players as much as they could [as everyone thought they'd be doing] and will now focus entirely on milking the console market
    More like they dupe western player. They didn't fix the lag and it is choppy in a 1070ti. The only way this game was playable is when you are alone in the entire server then you have no lag, that is seriously mess up for an mmorpg.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    DMKano said:

I hope Bless Unleashed is a better game.

When the bar is set as low as Bless Online - it would be hard not to make a better game.
    i think Bless was a better game than Revelations (i don't mean technically, but gameplay wise), so there are plenty of lower bars out there IMO.
    [Deleted User]

edited June 2019

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    It was supposed to be the BDO killer according to many. That was well before launch. Didn't quite work out that way did it?
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    DMKano said:
    It isn't that the game was completely terrible, but this is another closure of a game that was just too generic. 

Umm dude - the game was terrible. Majority of the map was unfinished barren wasteland that lacked any purpose whatsoever 
    It really wasn't... I played through to max on 2 characters, it had some okay features, but it had no lasting appeal.  Just because a game isn't to your liking doesn't mean it was a bad game, very well made games have a tough time breaking through.  

I'm not saying this was one of those times that the game was very well made, but it was never as bad as some people try and make it out to be.  Like I said, it was far too generic, the combat was confusing, but the pet class system was pretty cool, and many of the abilities were pretty well done, they just limited the impact of it in the west by sticking them into that weird combo system.

There are games still running right now that are far worse than bless... so no.. this game isn't terrible.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    See, told you not to buy it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Rennd said:

xion12121 said:

Gee what a shocker, not really. They had the opportunity to succeed but they didn't listen to player feedback. If they had actually banned hackers, fixed combat, listened to audience, fixed performance issues they stood a chance. Well, let this be a lesson to other MMO companies you can't ignore your audience. 

Easy to say, hard to do.

The major problem they had was the performance issues. Something you cant really fix once its out the gates. Not with major work that could last years of work. (Not something they had)

It was bound to fail and after the first few days I'm surprised anyone would think they could "recover". 

You are 100% correct!!

The performance was the big issue which I fix on my system by going into the driver settings and setting up a profile for the .exe and set the power setting to max performance when in game and that fixed it. Which leads me to believe that it may be a driver issue and not a game issue.

Regardless the hate train killed the game, yes the game had problems but they all do! The sad thing is the game was dead the day it launched killed by the youtube gods of game reviews!!
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Even in Asia the game is deemed a failure. Being someone that lives in Asia, I thought it's just a matter of different preferences between West & East. But rarely have I seen a game universally disliked by all cultures.

I installed it just yesterday after hearing about the upgraded combat system. Thought I'd at least get 20-30hrs of questing satisfaction.

Approached the game with an open mind, but just couldn't get myself to like it. The quests are very generic, massive FPS drops in towns. Combat animation was OK but doesn't feel impactful enough - felt like I was in an MMO from 15 years ago.

Too bad, Neowiz.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Nice to see Neoswiz (yes swiz) get their just-deserts.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    edited June 2019
    One of those games that could have been great but failed because of so many bad decisions.

Bought it in early access (discounted for 10 euro - would not have purchased it for full price), had my fun for ~15 hours and left, waiting for the potential it could have.

Oh well, after I switched to Ubuntu as my main OS I knew that I'd not be able to play this one anymore (as well as a lot of other games I own). No real loss there after all ;-)
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I thought the game looked promising years ago.  I never played it, but it seemed like they could have made some worthwhile.  
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Although it did have its fair share of issues I liked it. Cheering for another MMO going down is something I just don’t get, the same goes for actually thinking that a company wants to make a struggling game and then release it because they want to shut it down soon in some sort of weird conspiracy.

Neowiz didn’t succeed, I am pretty sure they didn’t do that on purpose and I wouldn’t be surprised if this last effort actually cost them money in the end.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

mmolou
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    lahnmir said:
    Although it did have its fair share of issues I liked it. Cheering for another MMO going down is something I just don’t get, the same goes for actually thinking that a company wants to make a struggling game and then release it because they want to shut it down soon in some sort of weird conspiracy.

Neowiz didn’t succeed, I am pretty sure they didn’t do that on purpose and I wouldn’t be surprised if this last effort actually cost them money in the end.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I would normally agree, but in the case of NeoWiz they continued to launch, and fail with several versions/localizations of this game. There comes a point where you have to believe they are either, wildly, blindly, willfully incompetent. Or bent as a fish hook and only trying to get as much of their investment back for a known failed game by foisting it on people who have yet to see how shallow, empty, and fucked up the game is. They tripped over their own feet out of the starting gate and then kept getting back up and slamming their face back into the ground on every furlong. If anyone is guilty of killing Bless Online its no one but NeoWiz themselves.

Ohh they definitely did it themselves, I do however not believe it was on purpose. Nobody wants to create a failure and lose money.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ExocrismExocrism Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Basically, it is not good to have some of the characters in the game's conceptual motion (including animals). They're too busy and just nod at least one word like yes or no. UE3 is the graphics engine on today's machines without any hassle to run on it? It is stuck and laggol because it is not good for optimization. Anyway, it is outdated. If you do not want to break the UE4 switch, then you could also switch to a UE3 closest CryEngine3 to be less stuck because it basically optimizes. CE3 is not developed further reaching its limits by approx. that is why CE4 is made.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Exocrism said:
    Basically, it is not good to have some of the characters in the game's conceptual motion (including animals). They're too busy and just nod at least one word like yes or no. UE3 is the graphics engine on today's machines without any hassle to run on it? It is stuck and laggol because it is not good for optimization. Anyway, it is outdated. If you do not want to break the UE4 switch, then you could also switch to a UE3 closest CryEngine3 to be less stuck because it basically optimizes. CE3 is not developed further reaching its limits by approx. that is why CE4 is made.

Unreal 3 can work fantastic if the devs know what they are doing, after playing AiR i'm actually satisfied that well performing games with good graphics can exist on UE3, it's completely up to the developers to know what they are doing to maximize optimization and performance.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Sovrath said:

Nyctelios said:

Maybe now some people will finally stop saying things like: "All MMOs launch like that. They'll fix it, you'll see".

The thing is many MMO's do have issues at launch.

Lineage 2 did.
    World of Warcraft did.
    Funny enough, Lord of the Rings Online DID NOT! Not that I remember.
    Elder Scrolls Online did.
    Tera did as far as large battles.
    Don't remember Star Wars the Old Republic having issues but I'm sure there are people who found them.
    I think Star Trek did
    Conan and Secret World certainly did.

So it's not off the mark to say that mmorpg's launch with issues. It's whether they can be fixed that is the real question.

swtor was a funny one, it was like the further in the game you progressed after the initial zone the worst the bugs and stuff got, kind of like age of conan...

until you got into raids and groups would randomly wipe just entering a boss room for no real reason, just walk in and dead. but yeah swtor definitely had issues.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I thought it was fairly entertaining 1-45 , then they changed the combat and endgame was a hot mess so I quit and never went back to it afterwards.  the game had good potential just bad developers.