Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online to End Service on September 9th - MMORPG.com

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,546
    I have to agree with BlueTurtle,this is no longer just an Asian thing ,this is a problem in the ENTIRE gaming industry,they just want to sell us dumpster games with cash shops.

Hey if all you people keep forking over tons of fast money as soon as you see a new game,that is all they care about,they turn n instant profit so everything afterwards is icing on the cake or just shut down.

Pretty simple,do NOT support ANY cash shop game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wizardry said:
    I have to agree with BlueTurtle,this is no longer just an Asian thing ,this is a problem in the ENTIRE gaming industry,they just want to sell us dumpster games with cash shops.

Hey if all you people keep forking over tons of fast money as soon as you see a new game,that is all they care about,they turn n instant profit so everything afterwards is icing on the cake or just shut down.

Pretty simple,do NOT support ANY cash shop game.
    You're aware Atlas plans to add a cash shop before leaving early access, aren't you?
    TacticalZombeh
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 611
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,757
    Wasn't this game "released" several times over, and failed each time... or am I thinking of a different game?
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Just got banned from Bless official discord for bringing this up and stating they deserved it lol
  • XatshXatsh Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Game released as a train wreck, they were unable/unwilling to fix the massive problems that everyone was screaming about. As horrible as it sounds game got what it deserved.

People need to stop releasing half finished games or "Beta" game which have fully functional cashshops/profit generators.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Stizzled said:
    Another Asian MMO bites the dust, what a surprise. Sucks for the few that enjoyed the game and stuck with it.

Which will be the next Asian MMO to get hyped up for no reason and then fail horribly?
    Why just Asian? With the number of actual mmorpgs left on the market being pretty low are we not past the East or West thing? ;)
    Because they build their games to fail in the West and keep releasing them here.
    Rhoklaw
  • sakersaker Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Wow!, this 1 didn't last long! Just goes to show endless generic MMO's, nope... time for better, time for -real- change.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,324

learis1 said:

This game cannot die. It always reincarnates itself into another form of poop.

Hmm interesting, like fertiliser?

Back to the soil, into the cabbage, to our plates, to our mouths, to our digestive system and then back in the poop gene pool!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,368
    So I guess that means no Mystic?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,827
    goboygo said:
    Stizzled said:
    Another Asian MMO bites the dust, what a surprise. Sucks for the few that enjoyed the game and stuck with it.

Which will be the next Asian MMO to get hyped up for no reason and then fail horribly?
    Why just Asian? With the number of actual mmorpgs left on the market being pretty low are we not past the East or West thing? ;)
    Because they build their games to fail in the West and keep releasing them here.
    You mean like Lineage 2? or FFXI? or FFXIV? or BDO? or Maplestory? Or many others? 
     The West have just as many failures and perpetrators of bad business practice as the East.  
    TorvalrojoArcueidRoin

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 8
    *takes deep breath*

THANK YOU NEOWIIIIIIIIIIIIZ!!!!!!  :D :D :D

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,770
    It super sucks that they didn't release Bless Unleashed on Steam as well and let us transfer something of our accounts over. It frustrates me how willing MMO studios and publishers are to throw their users aside. Despite all its flaws I like the game and would have liked to try Bless Unleashed.
    blueturtle13NycteliosRoin
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    goboygo said:
    Stizzled said:

You mean like Lineage 2? or FFXI? or FFXIV? or BDO? or Maplestory? Or many others? 
     The West have just as many failures and perpetrators of bad business practice as the East.  
    If not more, and at least with games from the East you get a level attention to little things that their Western counterparts don't have.
    blueturtle13Torval
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,057
    edited June 8
    I'm going to miss my Mage who i couldn't level past 10-15 because the rest of the game was not very enjoyable. But mages were pretty fun.

I hope Bless Unleashed is a better game. Looking forward to casting spells there too.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,552

I hope Bless Unleashed is a better game.

When the bar is set as low as Bless Online - it would be hard not to make a better game.
    Roin
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 528
    AKA they milked the Western players as much as they could [as everyone thought they'd be doing] and will now focus entirely on milking the console market.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 528
    DMKano said:
    I still remember the streamer who started crying once he realized what hot garbage the western version of Bless turned out to be after all the broken promises about end game content.

Classic moment.
    What? Is there a video of that? Cause damn, i gotta see it.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Asch126 said:
    AKA they milked the Western players as much as they could [as everyone thought they'd be doing] and will now focus entirely on milking the console market
    More like they dupe western player. They didn't fix the lag and it is choppy in a 1070ti. The only way this game was playable is when you are alone in the entire server then you have no lag, that is seriously mess up for an mmorpg.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,057
    edited June 8
    DMKano said:

I hope Bless Unleashed is a better game.

When the bar is set as low as Bless Online - it would be hard not to make a better game.
    i think Bless was a better game than Revelations (i don't mean technically, but gameplay wise), so there are plenty of lower bars out there IMO.
    blueturtle13Torval

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,561
    Stizzled said:

Mostly because Asian developers are the ones who keep pushing the PvP + cash shop crap, that's why. From ArcheAge, to Black Desert Online, to Blade and Soul, to Bless Online, to Revelation Online. We've already been over this before, countless times in fact. It's a trend that seems to baffle all logic. Just wait till Ascent: Infinite Realm launches and tell me you're surprised their cash shop has P2W elements in it.
    blueturtle13

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,827
    edited June 8
    Rhoklaw said:
    Stizzled said:

Mostly because Asian developers are the ones who keep pushing the PvP + cash shop crap, that's why. From ArcheAge, to Black Desert Online, to Blade and Soul, to Bless Online, to Revelation Online. We've already been over this before, countless times in fact. It's a trend that seems to baffle all logic. Just wait till Ascent: Infinite Realm launches and tell me you're surprised their cash shop has P2W elements in it.
    There are Western developers that do the same thing and worse. Played an EA sports game lately? What about Lord British?  APB? Neverwinter? Clash of Clans? Hmmm? 
    To single out one culture for doing something that another also does seems a bit.....borderline. Don't you think?   Careful now. 
    TorvalRoin

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 36
    It was supposed to be the BDO killer according to many. That was well before launch. Didn't quite work out that way did it?
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,237
    DMKano said:
    It isn't that the game was completely terrible, but this is another closure of a game that was just too generic. 

Umm dude - the game was terrible. Majority of the map was unfinished barren wasteland that lacked any purpose whatsoever 
    It really wasn't... I played through to max on 2 characters, it had some okay features, but it had no lasting appeal.  Just because a game isn't to your liking doesn't mean it was a bad game, very well made games have a tough time breaking through.  

I'm not saying this was one of those times that the game was very well made, but it was never as bad as some people try and make it out to be.  Like I said, it was far too generic, the combat was confusing, but the pet class system was pretty cool, and many of the abilities were pretty well done, they just limited the impact of it in the west by sticking them into that weird combo system.

There are games still running right now that are far worse than bless... so no.. this game isn't terrible.

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,509
    Sovrath said:

Nyctelios said:

Maybe now some people will finally stop saying things like: "All MMOs launch like that. They'll fix it, you'll see".

The thing is many MMO's do have issues at launch.

Lineage 2 did.
    World of Warcraft did.
    Funny enough, Lord of the Rings Online DID NOT! Not that I remember.
    Elder Scrolls Online did.
    Tera did as far as large battles.
    Don't remember Star Wars the Old Republic having issues but I'm sure there are people who found them.
    I think Star Trek did
    Conan and Secret World certainly did.

So it's not off the mark to say that mmorpg's launch with issues. It's whether they can be fixed that is the real question.

Did it got fix?

Is the game healthy?

You know what I meant - The game had issues that required to fix the core of the game, something that can't be done after launch without a major rework/re launch.

MMOs do launch with issues... A broken one, full of red flags, is another topic entirely.

And don't take me wrong, I was actually cheering for this one.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.