Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online to End Service on September 9th - MMORPG.com

Comments

• GodeauGodeau Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Obligatory 'i told you so!'.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Meanwhile I'm enjoying City of Heroes Homecoming.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    RIP.  There was little doubt about this one.  Always sad to see an MMO go when you know there were people who enjoyed it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Today in "... and no one was surprised"...
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited June 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    Maybe now some people will finally stop saying things like: "All MMOs launch like that. They'll fix it, you'll see".
    Nah. That'll never stop. There have been people who've made that claim for pretty much every failed MMORPG ever. If a game has even 5 fans, at least 1 of them is going to be "that person" on the forums.

They follow the whole "Well, it's still in Alpha. It'll be better in Beta", which then becomes "It's only in Beta. It'll be better with launch", which then becomes "Well it just launched, it'll be better after a couple patches", which then becomes "it's only had a couple patches, they need more time to improve it..." and so on...
    bartoni33
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Not surprising as they shut down the Japanese servers yesterday.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Its a shame seeing someones idea come to life then crash and burn. Best of luck to those involved who sunk many hours into this  and to the fans who supported them.
    Yeah, no, I'm dancing on the grave of this one, had no business ever being released in the west, scam from the beginning. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    What a nice little cash grab they had.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Nyctelios said:

Maybe now some people will finally stop saying things like: "All MMOs launch like that. They'll fix it, you'll see".

The thing is many MMO's do have issues at launch.

Lineage 2 did.
    World of Warcraft did.
    Funny enough, Lord of the Rings Online DID NOT! Not that I remember.
    Elder Scrolls Online did.
    Tera did as far as large battles.
    Don't remember Star Wars the Old Republic having issues but I'm sure there are people who found them.
    I think Star Trek did
    Conan and Secret World certainly did.

So it's not off the mark to say that mmorpg's launch with issues. It's whether they can be fixed that is the real question.

SBFord
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    wow I never saw that comming
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218
    good good !

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Shocking
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Robbers. Never ever will play a game from them. No balls like paragon they gave all payback they should do the same as they was lie to the players. Definetly will trolling and do negative campaing all of their future games to make them fail asap as well. Absoludly hate them
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Is this another slap in the face of MMORPGs? THe genre is struggling as is...Things like this may just continue to steer companies away from developing MMORPGs.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Nyctelios said:
    They did fix it, they gave the IP to a new studio and named it Unleashed. ;) 

That was probably a bad thing....Everyone knew the first was garbage, so adding "unleashed" to it didn't appeal to anyone....Probably should have given it a completely new name.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Come on, we all know this is never the end of it.
    It'll be back next year with a new title and new early access promo!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have to agree with BlueTurtle,this is no longer just an Asian thing ,this is a problem in the ENTIRE gaming industry,they just want to sell us dumpster games with cash shops.

Hey if all you people keep forking over tons of fast money as soon as you see a new game,that is all they care about,they turn n instant profit so everything afterwards is icing on the cake or just shut down.

Pretty simple,do NOT support ANY cash shop game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wizardry said:
    I have to agree with BlueTurtle,this is no longer just an Asian thing ,this is a problem in the ENTIRE gaming industry,they just want to sell us dumpster games with cash shops.

Hey if all you people keep forking over tons of fast money as soon as you see a new game,that is all they care about,they turn n instant profit so everything afterwards is icing on the cake or just shut down.

Pretty simple,do NOT support ANY cash shop game.
    You're aware Atlas plans to add a cash shop before leaving early access, aren't you?
    TacticalZombeh
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Wasn't this game "released" several times over, and failed each time... or am I thinking of a different game?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Just got banned from Bless official discord for bringing this up and stating they deserved it lol
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Game released as a train wreck, they were unable/unwilling to fix the massive problems that everyone was screaming about. As horrible as it sounds game got what it deserved.

People need to stop releasing half finished games or "Beta" game which have fully functional cashshops/profit generators.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Stizzled said:
    Another Asian MMO bites the dust, what a surprise. Sucks for the few that enjoyed the game and stuck with it.

Which will be the next Asian MMO to get hyped up for no reason and then fail horribly?
    Why just Asian? With the number of actual mmorpgs left on the market being pretty low are we not past the East or West thing? ;)
    Because they build their games to fail in the West and keep releasing them here.
    [Deleted User]
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Wow!, this 1 didn't last long! Just goes to show endless generic MMO's, nope... time for better, time for -real- change.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

learis1 said:

This game cannot die. It always reincarnates itself into another form of poop.

Hmm interesting, like fertiliser?

Back to the soil, into the cabbage, to our plates, to our mouths, to our digestive system and then back in the poop gene pool!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation