Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

13»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    SlyLoK said:
    I really like larian .... Really really wish they would remaster or do a follow-up to the original Divine Divinity.
    They did, they called it Beyond Divinity and changed pretty much everything about it, and not for the good. That first one though? Man, I’ve been following Larian ever since.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SlyLoK[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    lahnmir said:
    SlyLoK said:
    I really like larian .... Really really wish they would remaster or do a follow-up to the original Divine Divinity.
    They did, they called it Beyond Divinity and changed pretty much everything about it, and not for the good. That first one though? Man, I’ve been following Larian ever since.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah that one sucked. The first one was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This is awesome. I loved the shit out of the first BGs and Larian doing it is just icing on the cake. I'm a big fan of how they've revitalized the turn-based RPGs.

A question though... I haven't really kept up with the D&D editions but have read grumblings from fans over the years. How are the recent versions compared to those they used in the original BG games?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I threw up in my mouth a little.

Joined - July 2004

• KorthagKorthag Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited January 2020
    I hate larian and all their games. They dont know how to make a proper RPG, i played all the old school RPG's, but now year is 2020 and RPG games must evolve not like shity Disco Elysium.Larian didnt make Disco but their games missing tons of stuff especialy voice acting and story.I know BG3 is not gonna have soul like 1 and 2.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I love Larian, they make good RPGs.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I played BG back in the day,i enjoyed it but i wouldn't say it was a knock your socks off good game.
    If a developer wants to bring it back for part 3 with a solid effort ,great but i very highly doubt it.

What i expect to see is a very cheap game engine,locked overhead camera,basically a dated game with little to no improvement,simply a new title same old not worth a look in 2020.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.