Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate 3 - Community Update #1 - The Secret Sauce - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageBaldur's Gate 3 - Community Update #1 - The Secret Sauce - MMORPG.com

Sometimes their descriptions are better than anything I can come up with... "Watch how Swen and the team managed to convince Wizards of the Coast to allow us to unleash our own brand of madness on Baldur's Gate! Its a harrowing tale of knights, vampire swords, abductions and the horrifying effects of ceremorphosis..."

Read the full story here

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    please tell me they will be working on the game and not making videos trying to build hype
    MendelGaladournScot
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Vampire swords. I want one.
    SovrathSBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    This is REALLY cringe worthy. Having said that, it's nice to see people so excited about a project.

Still, really quite cringe worthy ...
    SBFordvelimiriusMendelgastovski1Galadourn
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited June 2019

Gorwe said:

Sovrath said:

This is REALLY cringe worthy. Having said that, it's nice to see people so excited about a project.

Yeah, this is my fear too, that they will damage Baldur's Gate franchise with their usually childish writing. Well, not necessarily childish, but cringy for sure.

And that they won't live up the BG legacy. I just don't see Illithids being as interesting as Jonleth or Baltz. But they did mention kidnapping and tests that lead to cere...sounds promising.

Really?

I've always thought Mind Flayers were one of the best parts of Dungeons and Dragons. Also come to think of it, it's called "Baldur's Gate" for a reason. It's about what happens in and around Baldur's Gate. Could be puppies and it would still apply as long as the puppies were causing cute havoc in "Baldur's Gate!!!!"
    [Deleted User]Phixion13TacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Maybe you guys don't remember this but this developer is the same one that released one of their Divine Divinity games, received horrible feedback about the main character's voice acting, and then re-did the voice acting for free. Only other developer that I know of that is so open and cares about their stuff is CD Projekt Red.
    SBFordvelimiriusgastovski1Phixion13kitarad
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Sovrath said:

Its Larian, its what they do and is absolutely ment to be as cringeworthy as possible. I love these guys.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord[Deleted User]velimiriusgastovski1Phixion13[Deleted User]kitaradLeiHngWei[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

please tell me they will be working on the game and not making videos trying to build hype

It's the new path. Roberts raised how many millions of dollars this way?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I feel like i should have my MMORPG posting privileges & Nerd card revoked for never having played a Balders Gate game before.
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    These guys poured a lot of love into DOS 2. Sven loved BG so much he approached them before about making this game. He loves gaming and he loves BG - he will do his best to lead the studio into making a passion project. Don't assume what must be, enjoy what could be. For any naysayers, show me another studio that will do BG justice like these nerds will...
    etlar

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Phixion13 said:
    These guys poured a lot of love into DOS 2. Sven loved BG so much he approached them before about making this game. He loves gaming and he loves BG - he will do his best to lead the studio into making a passion project. Don't assume what must be, enjoy what could be. For any naysayers, show me another studio that will do BG justice like these nerds will...
    For me it is not naysaying it is keeping things realistic and keeping perspective. Many classics have come back recently and not all in a good way. Even some handed to or handled by very talented developers. I know of 7 studios who approached Wizards with their pitch for this game. Larian is a fine studio (for what they do)
     Let's hope they create a fresh experience worthy of the lineage of the series. 
    Harebrained would have been my choice to develop since I know Obsidian was not interested at this time. 
    I liked your Spiderweb suggestion better to be honest.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited June 2019
    well, as @Sovrath said this IS cringe worthy... but I guess that's the type of people who just MIGHT be able to deliver a good RPG first and foremost... I watched the video to the end, so they kept my interest at least there (even though it IS cringe worthy) :wink:

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다