Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: Legion Launches Today for PC Players - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePath of Exile: Legion Launches Today for PC Players - MMORPG.com

Path of Exile players are priming their gear and getting ready to take off for the next league that arrives later today. The Legion content expansion launches today for PC players and on June 10th for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players. As always, there is new gear to chase and new gameplay systems to explore. In addition, and perhaps most notably, melee combat has been reworked and two new character archetypes have been added.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    No time to play too  busy with my zillion alts in City of Heroes. I love Path of Exile.It is a very good game.
    OGDeathRowAmathe

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Well this is an exciting thread. We have Path of Exile updates and hookers.  :D 
    doomexFolmen
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    What a time to be alive. How about Pizza and energy drinks spam..pff. Any way nice news.But what happened with the steam population. For a while now i see it at the bottom of the first page. Isn't it suppose to be higher than that?
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    doomex said:
    What a time to be alive. How about Pizza and energy drinks spam..pff. Any way nice news.But what happened with the steam population. For a while now i see it at the bottom of the first page. Isn't it suppose to be higher than that?
    it's the normal lifecycle of every league in poe. it is like that by design.
    extreme peak of players the first few weeks of a new league and steady decline until the end. last league wasn't well received so it declined a lot faster.

if you have one hour to burn, this video explains how they designed the game to be 'played forever'. it's extremely interesting even if you have no interest in game dev or poe : 
    FolmenElvoconelesslightdoomex
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'll be checking this out to see how tight the melee changes are.

I've watched all the video before. It's a really interesting watch.
    ananit
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    edited June 2019
    Poe is a great game but also very fast bored game. New league Woooo hype hype hype and then after few days zzzzzz cuz all you do is grind maps and gear that you allready have upgradet and got bored of ur build
    retiredmj

• CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102

doomex said:

Many of us don't play through Steam. My region needs to download & play PoE outside of Steam.

Actually many online games have separate publishers in Asia so they're not on Steam.
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I tend toward casters more than melee in all my RPGs so Legion with its focus on making melee stronger will be telling if it finally tempts me more to the melee side than usual.

I've been playing a lot of witch lately on PoE and for Legion's launch today I'll probably start with a Divine Ire Templar which should theoretically perform similar to how it was performing before this update.

Another notable thing is that the Legion update is supposed to make trash mobs and bosses tougher in the first three acts. When I first played this game in 2013,I died a TON and it was very hard. I am curious to see how much I die with this update :)
    Hyperpsycrow
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

doomex said:

It's not higher on the charts because the last league finished a couple days ago, and the new league comes today in a few hours. When there's no active league going on there's a huge decline in players (as well as near the end of a league). Also like another user said quite a bit of players don't use steam. I've considered not using steam as it has some weird issues updating for me that the client itself doesn't have.
    Hyperpsycrow
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    here we go again. time for slayer cyclone.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    problem with this type of game is it's fun for 3-4 weeks max. per league/season ....was problem in D3 too ofc, it's like this in any game with these season cycles i guess...I hope some day devs will be able to come up with something revolutionary to keep players in joy for longer time
    Hyperpsycrow
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Aeander said:
    Well this is an exciting thread. We have Path of Exile updates and hookers.  :D 

Before long they will end up in some game's cash shop. 
    Hyperpsycrow

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Poe is a great game but also very fast bored game. New league Woooo hype hype hype and then after few days zzzzzz cuz all you do is grind maps and gear that you allready have upgradet and got bored of ur build

Well to be fair literally every genre is the same...
    FPS - you just shoot at people over and over.
    RTS - you just do the same thing over and over.
    MOBAs - same thing over and over
    BR - same thing over and over

That's pretty much all games essentially and ARPG are the peak of just doing the same, so generally if you can't stay interested for more then few days it's more that you just aren't that into in the genre than the game not being good(not saying you said PoE is bad since you obviously didn't :)).

I won't lie I myself have been like that lately with PoE as well. It's one of my favorite games, but unlike before where I would have the drive to make quite a few characters each league nowadays I tend to do 1 tops 2 chars per league. That said I'm like that with most games nowadays since nothing can actually grab me for some reason, though I did start FF14 finally few days ago and I'm loving it, but again like with other games for some reason it can't force me to binge play like WoW for example used to do.
    Probably just getting old :)
    Hyperpsycrow
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    How big is this update supposed to be because the file size of it is about a third of the size of the game....
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I love PoE, I love the leagues... but... going through the story acts all over again for the 10th time becomes very boring! I wish they had like an infinite dungeon like Diablo 3 does in Adventure Mode with rifts, that you could run it or get boosted to end game.
    Hyperpsycroworiya9
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

You could play on hardcore mode, I suspect that might up the level of excitement for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I love PoE, I love the leagues... but... going through the story acts all over again for the 10th time becomes very boring! I wish they had like an infinite dungeon like Diablo 3 does in Adventure Mode with rifts, that you could run it or get boosted to end game.
    If there one thing I hate about Blizzard games, it's boosting you in games like WoW, D3...and that's just one "little" thing, there is more ofc...that's why I'll always prefer PoE or earlier WoW times like vanilla, TBC :)
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited June 2019

Not sure about getting boosted but Adventure Mode has always been a thing I wished PoE had.
    When I play an ARPG I really don't like going through all (10!!) acts every league/season just to reach endgame activities (in this case mapping).
    I just want to get out there and slay hordes of enemies without going back to an NPC and giving them an item or saying "Yeah I killed that dude".
    With that being said, I'm still playing this league because PoE is just awesome :P
    Post edited by oriya9 on
  • nirshnirsh Member UncommonPosts: 1
    IN Poe Legion Melee is the Most Popular Class. 90+ Players 36% choose Slayer. I also choose Slayer Cyclone. For My Builds - https://poe.u4n.com/poe-3-7-builds