Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've been wondering

pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
Why hasn't there been a playable MMO that wasn't garbage come out in the past 5 years?  Is there any hope for a decent one any time some?
GdemamiKyleranHyperpsycrow

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Because the target audience doesn't include you. Doesn't include me either for that matter, but that's the reason.
    GdemamiHyperpsycrow
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited June 2019
    Why hasn't there been a playable MMO that wasn't garbage come out in the past 5 years?  Is there any hope for a decent one any time some?

Can you please list ALL MMOs that came out past 5 years both Western and Eastern and let us know why they are bad in your opinion?
    Hyperpsycrow
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Maurgrim said:

Can you please list ALL MMOs that came out past 5 years both Western and Eastern and let us know why they are bad in your opinion?
    How about you tell me which ones you think are good and i'll tell you why i don't like them.

GdemamiKyleranTiller
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    How many have you given a good try at? Or have none grabbed your interest?

Are you a graphics snob?

Are you hardcore FFA PvP beast mode?

We wont to help.

We want to care.

Let us know.

Gut Out!
    Kyleran

What, me worry?

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    November 2019  at least something to look forward to..i will go and freeze my self down until now 2019..c ya

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Black Desert Online
    Elder Scrolls Online

I don't play either one, but they have their adherents. You can't really say nothing has come out. 
    KyleranMaurgrim

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited June 2019
    Amathe said:
    Black Desert Online
    Elder Scrolls Online

I don't play either one, but they have their adherents. You can't really say nothing has come out. 
    1 more to 5K for you.... ;)

Maybe he was thinking about Bless, that one left a bad taste. I'm sure Albion Online, LiF, and SotA did nothing to improve his outlook. 

Amathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Kritika was fun.  Then it got shut down because it didn't have enough players because you wouldn't play it.  It's all your fault.
    Read OP post again and understand he/she/it means ALL of the games in terms of MMO that has been released is garbage.

I understand Op clearly..Everything is like that southpark episode where stan gets depressed and only hears "fart noises" when people speak about something that is " good"

This is me haha

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Maurgrim said:

How about you tell me which ones you think are good and i'll tell you why i don't like them.

See there you go, Maurgrim's crap MMO search quest is about the amount of fun to be found in any of the garbage they call quests in MMOs these days. 
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The gaming market is now aiming at cash shops and ways to get games to market very quickly.
    A HQ mmorpg would take a lot of work, a lot of manpower and a lot of money.

Look how much money Star Citizen has and they are STRUGGLING to put out a product.
    How many developers...EVER have put up 300 million to build a game...none.Now obviously there are a LOT more competent producers than Chris Roberts but it would still take a lot of money and a lot of time and investors/publishers are very impatient,they won't wait.

We can't get low budget operations to get any investors to bite,Vanguard had to turn to Smedley,AOC and COE are both struggling badly and recently that board game Chick had her dream mmorpg fail by the wayside and shut down.

Look at other studios,SOE sold,Trion,sold all are failing,sub par products and not willing to risk the time and cost to build a HQ game,a formula for failure.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    The focus is making games for gamers that don't play games.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    1. Because you've become older, stopped enjoying them, and your perception has altered accordingly

2. It's possible for you to change so that you'd enjoy them again, but unlikely
    obii

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Put BDO art style and combat in ESO with Archeage crafting, housing, trade packs, and naval fights so I can stop being a miserable old coot.

Until then...

Hyperpsycrowp4ttythep3rf3ct
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah if we mixed all the games that has 1 part that is great about the game, then we will get what we want :)
    [Deleted User]

Amathe said:
    Black Desert Online
    Elder Scrolls Online

I currently play ESO and enjoy it greatly.  I wasn't asking this question for help. I'm asking this question for discussion purposes and to relate the current stagnant state of the genre.  Black Desert is trash also.

Wizardry said:
    The gaming market is now aiming at cash shops and ways to get games to market very quickly.
    A HQ mmorpg would take a lot of work, a lot of manpower and a lot of money.

Look how much money Star Citizen has and they are STRUGGLING to put out a product.
    How many developers...EVER have put up 300 million to build a game...none.Now obviously there are a LOT more competent producers than Chris Roberts but it would still take a lot of money and a lot of time and investors/publishers are very impatient,they won't wait.

We can't get low budget operations to get any investors to bite,Vanguard had to turn to Smedley,AOC and COE are both struggling badly and recently that board game Chick had her dream mmorpg fail by the wayside and shut down.

Look at other studios,SOE sold,Trion,sold all are failing,sub par products and not willing to risk the time and cost to build a HQ game,a formula for failure.

This is exactly my point.  From about 06 through 14 we had a lot of games that came out that were fun.  Then the releases of decent games just stopped.  I currently play ESO and it's fun but AoC is about the only thing to look forward to.
    Read OP post again and understand he/she/it means ALL of the games in terms of MMO that has been released is garbage.

I understand Op clearly..Everything is like that southpark episode where stan gets depressed and only hears "fart noises" when people speak about something that is " good"

This is me haha

Yep pretty much, i've played pretty much every decent sized MMO that came out from WoW on.  My first experiance was with Diable though not sure it is classified as such.  There just really hasn't been a long term playable game since around 2014.