Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Never played any of the games, might try this one though.

LOL

Thank you

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    BIG FAN !!

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    edited June 2019
    Best news I've read about an upcoming CRPG in a very long time. Very hyped for this. Now if Larian could only grab the Fallout license, somehow...
    Post edited by Pyuk on
    Phixion13ThupliShodanas

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 

sigh. what is IWD?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited June 2019
    @Sovrath
    Probably Icewind Dale

Icewind is one word, but seems there's a habit of capitalizing or separating wind out.
    Sovrath
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited June 2019
    Gorwe said:
    HOLY LATHANDER, that was SHOCKING(in all good and disturbing ways)! Instant buy!

<3 <3 <3

(though I'm concerned that the main enemies seem to be Illithid...how are they supposed to stack vs Jonleth + Bodhi or Amelyssan?)
    In press previews, it is confirmed that the game is set in current FR and that it will follow Murder in Baldur's Gate and Descent into Avernus* 5e modules plot.

Murder in Baldur's Gate brought back Bhaal and killed all the Bhaalspawns (BG1/2 player character is official dead). Descent into Avernus is a trip into the Nine Hells going by the description.

The trailer shows a Nautiloid by the way (it's an Illithid crossing the astral plane).

*release in September.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I watched the video. does anyone have an idea when it will come out? I enjoyed the first divinity from this studio the second one not so much I felt railroaded down a certain path.   
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:

Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 

sigh. what is IWD?
    Ice Wind Dale
    Good, I much, much prefer the IWD style.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Autobuy for me.
    [Deleted User]zigalucard

• LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 67
    That would explain all the Baldur's Gate games on GOG's summer sale.
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    Until I see how the finished product looks, my approach will be to be to use the better part of valor and stay away. I'm sure Boo would agree... if he could talk.
    Hariken
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    My hotel's as clean as an elven arse.
    TheDarkrayne
  • Maxstone1Maxstone1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Well for turn based strategic RPGs, Larian is a good choice as they do the combat well.. the stories have been so-so and except for a few quests didn't really grab me enough to long-haul through them (short attention span gamer with 3-4 on rotation at a time unless it grabs me or I'm sick)..will get it once it's live and the several people review it
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If this game is remotely close to how well Divinity Original Sin 2 turned out...

They can haz awlllllll my monies.
    Phixion13kjempff
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    One thing I absolutely love about Larian is they are much like the bright minds of CDProject Red.  They problem solve at a high level to refine gameplay for the player not just to complete the feature and get it out the door.  Divinity is and will be one of my top 10 ARPGs of all time.  That said Original Sin 2 is about as perfect as you get for a CRPG.

I have no doubt that BG3 will have much of the same but refined combat system and if it does then watch out cause this thing is going to be a huge hit.

They know they have a prized IP on their hands, they know they can't fuck it up, they have all the pressure and it will be their biggest project yet.  I'm excited for it, I just hope their story tellers put it into high gear to really fully immerse the player into Forgotten Realms.  The mind flayer invasion is a great start.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I guess I should get on BG 2. . I never got past the first city.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    Gorwe said:
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.
    It will be based on 5e rules.
    [Deleted User]Gorwe

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    They had me at Larian.
    FlyByKnight
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I wonder how much it will take of the baldur's gate story and how much will be sword coast hijinks using the bg name for sales. I mostly played 2nd AD&D and 3.0/3.5 ed so not up to date when it comes to 5th edition rules. At least its not 4th edition.

At worst it will be alright so will be worth grabbing it for 50-75 hours of rpg gameplay. 
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited June 2019
    At this point, this BG3 *could* be almost anything, from a proper BG3 sequel to a continuation of the story with action game-play.  The demo did look impressive, but it could equally be another Assassin's Creed clone.  I need a lot more details before I can get properly interested.

(Did anyone else think Walktapi instead of Mindflayer?)

Edit to add:  There is a Steam page already up and ready.  Not much info there yet, but something to watch.  (and wishlist).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    OMG. Larian doing BG3. It's like a dream. I'm rarely prone to hype these days, but I am officially hyped.