Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Team Details Western-Specific Changes - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAstellia Team Details Western-Specific Changes - MMORPG.com

The Astellia team has posted a lengthy article on the official site to lay out the details of changes being made to the game to better suit western audiences. "Making changes to something as complex as an MMORPG can be difficult. Even a minor adjustment can affect many aspects of a player's experience." the blog reads.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Removal of LoLi related content ?
    ... no ?
    Good luck with this game on long run.
    FolmenNarmorceh430
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Why do those 'changes' seem like they should've been baseline for ANY version of the game, not just the western....?
    Folmenk61977wingoodGdemamiAlpiusBlacklabelcali
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Albatroes said:

Why do those 'changes' seem like they should've been baseline for ANY version of the game, not just the western....?

Different culture. The Eastern markets don't seem to mind "the grind", Loli chars, P2W or gender locking. At least the devs recognise this and are prepared to make the changes for a Western audience.
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Because pay2win is really popular in China and Russia for example.
    But i agree with you, they say what community wants to hear.
    It is called marketing, they probably tried with pay2win but it didnt work out.
    If this wont work, they will probably make Battle Royale, or add cars, or maybe even aliens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Funny how tailoring a game for each market over just releasing it as is, ends up being a bad thing? IMO, I love the effort being put out here.
    CynehildCatibrie
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    81 days till WoW Classic comes out and 87 days till this game comes out. Good luck to this company.
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Nice to see these guys are trying. We shall see what happens on release day.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    It is not true that gamers in the East like P2W. Many games and services are censored and/or restricted and there are not as many options to play that are not in some degree P2W. I wish people could try and understand this and not blame the gaming culture that is different than theirs but instead lay the blame at the feet of the governments that restrict what is allowed and what you can and can not do.   
    Isn't it true that most Eastern gamer's play in Cafe's? So p2w just cuts back on the time they have to play. Is this true?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

81 days till WoW Classic comes out and 87 days till this game comes out. Good luck to this company.

I think WoW classic is not going to be as big as people think. Playing a MMO thats locked in content they have to pay to play?
    CynehildCatibrie
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Albatroes said:
    ...because of your limited, myopatic world perception and self-entitlement?
    Dr_BinksCynehildBlacklabelcali
  • dinogndinogn Member UncommonPosts: 46
    "Removal of p2w" lol we all know what that mean.... Archeage, Black Desert....

It'S NoT P²w iT'S PAy tO FaSt, It'S CoNveNieNcE STorE !
    (writing this sentence gave me seizure)
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Want I wish this was releasing now. I really need a game to play. Releasing in the same timeframe as classic is seems like a really bad strategy to me.
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited June 2019
    Why would I add this to my already full library of games is what Im saying to myself.. It answers all the general MMO's questions to fit the narrative as an MMO. But other than the great cinematic, what makes it stand out? Running on UE3 already gives me pause.. Bless anyone?
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

DMKano said:

blamo2000 said:

Want I wish this was releasing now. I really need a game to play. Releasing in the same timeframe as classic is seems like a really bad strategy to me.

After you play this - you will see that it wouldn't make any difference when this gets released. 

You can only do so much with a subpar game

Subpar or not - its a new mmorpg that could scratch my itch. I don't share the same taste in games as most. I enjoyed EOS for some months and think its a far better game than Black Dessert, which only lasted two play sessions for me.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Nanfoodle said:

I think WoW classic is not going to be as big as people think. Playing a MMO thats locked in content they have to pay to play?
    I think the initial interest will be high but also I think it’ll see a huge decline rather quick once people hit the content wall.  I don’t see how it will last long. People complain about the lack of content as is yet they want to play on the classic server that has a content cap? Makes no sense. 

DMKano said:

blamo2000 said:

After you play this - you will see that it wouldn't make any difference when this gets released. 

You can only do so much with a subpar game

Wizzardly's wants his material back :D
    Catibrie
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I will never get why people freak out so much over gender lock characters. It's a fantasy world it shouldn't matter. I honestly don't care myself what gender I play as it's not a real character.
    blamo2000Cynehild
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

nomadie said:

I will never get why people freak out so much over gender lock characters. It's a fantasy world it shouldn't matter. I honestly don't care myself what gender I play as it's not a real character.

They are fixing it anyways. At launch 2 classes will not be gender locked. Remaining to soon follow.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Albatroes said:

Because other country's are not full of whiny entitled brats that get "triggered" by every little thing.
    blamo2000Cynehild
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102

Hariken said:

It is not true that gamers in the East like P2W. Many games and services are censored and/or restricted and there are not as many options to play that are not in some degree P2W. I wish people could try and understand this and not blame the gaming culture that is different than theirs but instead lay the blame at the feet of the governments that restrict what is allowed and what you can and can not do.   

Isn't it true that most Eastern gamer's play in Cafe's? So p2w just cuts back on the time they have to play. Is this true?

True but a common misperception is that internet cafes are inconvenient. Many of them are actually very comfortable, have good interior design, and serve decent food & coffee. I think of them as the gaming equivalent of good nightclubs or bars.
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102

Dr_Binks said:

Albatroes said:

Because other country's are not full of whiny entitled brats that get "triggered" by every little thing.

Wonderfully said