Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Darksiders Genesis - Cinematic Teaser Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Darksiders Genesis - Cinematic Teaser Trailer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Quite the departure from the Darksiders series... Wonder how the lore will play into it. It's not a numbered entry into the series, so I wonder if this is basically a spin off.

Looks interesting though!
    Folmen
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Coldren said:
    Quite the departure from the Darksiders series... Wonder how the lore will play into it. It's not a numbered entry into the series, so I wonder if this is basically a spin off.

It seems it is a spinoff since there's a "new horseman" named Strife being introduced. :) 
    FolmenLeiHngWeiazonic69

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Fawkin Sweet
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Heck. Yes.
    Want!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

Coldren said:

Every Darksiders game is a departure though.

Darksiders 1 was a Zelda clone.

Darksiders 2 (my favorite) was an open world adventure with gear.

Darksiders 3 was a Souls-like.

Unlike Darksiders 3, I'm actually excited for this one.
    Folmen
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Though a fan of 1 and 2, 3 got such average reviews that I did not bother. But as I wait for the reviews until I buy no skin of this horseman of the apocalypses nose. :)
  • Maxstone1Maxstone1 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Aeander said:

Coldren said:

Every Darksiders game is a departure though.

Darksiders 1 was a Zelda clone.

Darksiders 2 (my favorite) was an open world adventure with gear.

Darksiders 3 was a Souls-like.

Unlike Darksiders 3, I'm actually excited for this one.

As said above, each game highlights a different genre of game style as each Horseman is a different personification. Personally, understanding I what I was getting into with each one, I liked all of them. Strife being in an ARPG-ish setting suits me fine because the other option would have been a third-person shooter or TPS with cover. Being FPS just doesn't fit the overall vibe of the series. The characters are made to be seen not seen through.
    Folmen
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Looks like they kinda ruined what made the game so great.
    FolmenTuor7
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Looks like fun
    Folmen

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I'm in!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    SBFord said:
    Coldren said:

It seems it is a spinoff since there's a "new horseman" named Strife being introduced. :) 
    Someone didn’t finish Darksiders 3 tsssk tsssk. Strife is the last of the 4 Horsemen actually, he’s not new.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Wow. This looks way better than DS3, thank god. DS 1/2 were great for what they were, but they really screwed the pooch with 3 and I'm glad they aren't sticking with that same formula.
  • azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103

SBFord said:

Coldren said:

Strife has been mentioned in all previous Darksiders game and even shows up in the 3rd one in some form.
    He's not the main character of genesis, you can play as any of the 4 horse man.
    I am not alone FFS.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    This years E3 is looking pretty good already, I need a new ARPG, I must loot, loot and pillage. Looking forward to it.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hashbrick said:
    This years E3 is looking pretty good already, I need a new ARPG, I must loot, loot and pillage. Looking forward to it.
    This is a great time to be an ARPG fan in general. We're getting so many of them from so many IPs.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

lahnmir said:

SBFord said:

Coldren said:

Someone didn’t finish Darksiders 3 tsssk tsssk. Strife is the last of the 4 Horsemen actually, he’s not new.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

You also got Strife's gun for War in DS1. He was even mentioned in the first game.
    lahnmir
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm super excited that it's coming to switch. I find ARPGs a lot more fun with a controller.
  • KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Not to mention this is back with Joe Mad and Airship Syndicate! Keeping an eye on this one!
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

SBFord said:

Coldren said:

By this logic every game released after the first one is a "spin off" as every game has featured a different horseman, this is just the last one they have not used.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    This looks generic.. like Chaosbane. Not an aRPG in my opinion and more arcade game like Victor Vran, Golden Axe or Gauntlet. All good games but not aRPGs.

I could be wrong but whenever I see that direction arrow showing where your character is facing I'm usually right in assuming it's a beat-em-up. Diablo 3, being a mix of the two genres, has really screwed things up for fans of real aRPGs.
    Scot
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Hmm....
    Let's see i would say. Can be nice. If not Warhammer:Chaosbane would hover as a "Black Cloud" over my thoughts. We'll see.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Darksiders having a baby with Diablo?! HELL YES! I'm READY!!!!
    ScotLastlaughlol
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 145
    This looks sick! I really hope they actually have good end game content. The universe and art style of Darksiders is perfect for this.
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 145

This looks generic.. like Chaosbane. Not an aRPG in my opinion and more arcade game like Victor Vran, Golden Axe or Gauntlet. All good games but not aRPGs.

I could be wrong but whenever I see that direction arrow showing where your character is facing I'm usually right in assuming it's a beat-em-up. Diablo 3, being a mix of the two genres, has really screwed things up for fans of real aRPGs.

It's cause usually all these games use the similar art style to D3, even same font for damage numbers, etc. They make it TOO similar. Idk why theyre so scared to make somethinf different looking.