Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: A Guide to Archetypes – Pt. 4 - MMORPG.com

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

imageCity of Heroes: A Guide to Archetypes – Pt. 4 - MMORPG.com

Last week we covered the Kheldian Epic Archetypes added to City of Heroes in Issue 3. Today, we’ll be digging deep into Arachnos Soldiers, the Epic Archetypes added to City of Villains in Issue 12.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Hmmm, maybe I'll have to make a crab after all.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Can you believe the home coming server passed 100k players NCsoft must being saying WTF.
    TillerRinswind89JimWraithgunklackerBlaze_RockerkitaradAmathe
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    "A team full of Arachnos characters can blow through anything in the game." Yet more evidence that the game was largely spoiled by the Devs' development of greater love for villains than heroes. Well, could be due to their coming later, newer things generally get improvements, but still...
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    A team of controllers can blow through the game.  A group of Rad defenders can blow through the game.   ETC.
    Blaze_Rocker

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
     I try to stick to one AT because if I try making characters on other ATs too I will be over 60 or 100 toons at that point.
    Blaze_Rocker

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097

kitarad said:

I try to stick to one AT because if I try making characters on other ATs too I will be over 60 or 100 toons at that point.

I made a Crab, it was alright...

One thing I found with CoH is that specific playstyles appeal to different people. For example, I like rad/ rad corruptors and defenders. They are a bit difficult to play, with all of the powers you need to balance and watch. But I liked them. I played several scrapper types, but yawned through all of them until I rolled a Dark/ Dark. I actually level capped two of them and was working on a third when the game closed. Even though Stone tanks were the best tanks, I preferred the 'squishier' Invuls. A lot of players liked controllers, and I did not like them at all.

So what I am saying is, if you like a specific playstyle, then there is no reason not to play two, three or even four of them. Remember, gaming is about having fun. Do whatever is fun for you.
    Blaze_Rocker

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    How about 12 of them?

Blaze_RockerGladDog

• walkerdogwalkerdog Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Uhm....19 of them currently. ;-)
    Blaze_RockerGladDog
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    This kind of stuff pick up my interest to try out but I must ask, if it is safe to play the game ( I mean secure for my pc) (sorry I m little slow) ?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Grunt350 said:
    This kind of stuff pick up my interest to try out but I must ask, if it is safe to play the game ( I mean secure for my pc) (sorry I m little slow) ?
    The launcher is open source. Try Homecoming with the tequila launcher. It's perfectly safe. Although some antivirus might throw up a caution it is false.
    Talraekk
    Chamber of Chains
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited June 2019
    cheyane said:
    Grunt350 said:
    The launcher is open source. Try Homecoming with the tequila launcher. It's perfectly safe. Although some antivirus might throw up a caution it is false.
    Thanks.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited June 2019
    Honestly it is perfectly safe I have been playing for weeks now and Homecoming just hit 100k players. They are also backing up a database and should heaven forbid anything happens they will be able to transfer everything to another server very fast. At this point NCSoft will be playing a losing game of trying to whac-a-mole.
    Grunt350Blaze_Rockerkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    A team of controllers can blow through the game.  A group of Rad defenders can blow through the game.   ETC.
    Maybe all the missions, if you set the rep low enough, and if by "blow through" you mean laboriously work through. I remember being on a team that was merely short a bit on damage, trying to get through a TF, and we got totally stuck in one of the stages. 

Sounds like an interesting challenge, though -- make up a team of controllers, set the rep at what you usually play, and see how you like doing missions with them, let alone TFs and such.