Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starbase - New sci-fi game

MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
So this trailer was released yesterday, look interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLTFwoYM_s&t

There's more videos of small tidbits and other such things that they've posted, though I'll leave those out of this thread :)

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Kinda interesting
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Apparently the two first major factions are dev controlled which are also where the "police/military" force will be at.

Some sort of Hybrid Vertex-Voxel tech they got going, ingame programming through some form of lua scripting.

The community will have to reach certain milestones to get new tech, like reaching the first moon would potentially take several days by flying there non-stop - logistics could potentially play a large part in that in setting up refueling stations.

Player factions will be able to claim space, and its all a single shard server as well.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well Eve or Star Citizen are the two to which we judge the competition.
    This game looks like one of those Factorio games ,a bunch of block building,ok it's something,some building,better than SC or Eve albeit ever so little.

The visuals,not very good,low end,space looks as always a bunch of rock particles cluttering a boring black space.
    So is there anything else in the video that screams..PLAY ME?I don't see much at all in there.

I feel low budget devs aim for space games because space is so easy to make,very little effort needed.However the actual space game genre is an enormous undertaking,you better have a Star citizen budget if even thinking about it or just forget it.
    Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Not entirely sure if Frozenbyte (the devs behind the Trine series) are low budget or not, they've been developing this for like 5 years, whether or not visuals are low-end is probably a matter of perspective and art style, not to mention it could also be choice they made to also make sure performance stays on the better end.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Wow
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    The spammers are getting more and more creative. 2 lines on topic then the gambling link.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    AlBQuirky said:
    The spammers are getting more and more creative. 2 lines on topic then the gambling link.
    I gambled away my mommas house =(
    AlBQuirky
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sort of reminds me of Star Wars during the Clone Wars. Except with not nearly as good graphics.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Meh!